Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just June

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl

Rats.  The dog has no interest in my toiletries and I can't even get BH to use the Paula's Choice cleanser for men that I gave him.

And I have no plans to adopt.

Woman LOL My poor dog has been the recipient of a Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo over the years.  I planned to clean my brushes with it but never did so we would bathe the dog with it. My DH also resists my attempts to pawn things on him. I tried a Paula's Choice men's moisturizer but was't impressed so I passed it on to DH.  Nope, he couldn't be bothered to apply it.  He wanted me to put it on his face.Woman Frustrated

@Oshare-girl

There was a phase... I was using baby shampoo as a facial cleanser.  I actually liked it. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Holy cannoli!  Just two weeks left in June.  That means six months left in 2018.

Is this year moving faster than usual or is it just me?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice has been having some special offers related to their anniversary.  I thought I was too late on the last one -- well, actually I was -- but I checked in again today because I still need my regular cleanser.

I was on time this time. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@River Song wrote:

I'm so proud of myself!  I cleaned out two kitchen cabinet shelves of glassware we inherited from relatives that we have never used.  It's not like it was even fine crystal, don't know why we were keeping it.  So glad it's gone.  Immediately filled up the empty space with glassware we do use.  So pleased the cabinet isn't a messy jumble anymore.

I also sorted through our massive DVD collection and filled up a paper grocery bag to the top of the DVD's we don't want.  Tried to give them away to a group of friends and they all said, almost in unison, that they were all purging their stuff and didn't want my stuff.  LOL

@River Song, you are doing so good with your clean outs.  That has to feel good.  I cleaned out most of my kitchen cabinets with the things I wasnt using and I couldnt be happier.  I feel so functional now and the things I use on the regular are just a click away.  They can be better but for now, they are fine. 

Yes, that happens to me to - when I try and give things away, there really arent many takers.  We are all at that point in our lives.  I have given furniture to the younger people in my circle but mostly everything else is a no go.

Good work. I enjoy reading your updates.

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Daysdee

How often do we end up buying things we already have?  There are a million colors out there and they're all beautiful.  Maybe three or four don't look terrible on me. Woman LOL

@just bee,  hahahaha, I just had to laugh.  Exactly, they are all so pretty and then I put them on my eyes, then my excitement fades.  Just recently I was jonesing over some eyeshadow palettes. So pretty, but then I started looking at the colors individually and knew 1, the color wouldnt look good on me, 2, I had all of the colors or some variation of them and 3, while there were some pops of color, it turns out it will just be another neutral palette, and 4, I am barely using the mu I already have.

Well, today was the first day of getting back to using mu.  I had my basket ready to go with the items I want to use for a while. I know now why I havent touched it in ages.  My face not only feels dry to the touch, but had to check my face 3 times this morning to make sure it was alright. And why is it mu has a way of showing fine lines that otherwise I didnt even know I had.  I will give it a go, it is the first day and I probably was not well moisturizered for all of the powder products I used, but I will say I am not sure if powder is still doing it for me.  Another reason not to hoard.  Tastes and skin change.

What is the definition of insanity?

@aprilskies So my new fav YouTuber, Hannah Louise Poston, posted a video this morning about just this topic.  How there are new palettes being released that she is interested in until she researches her stash and finds that she already owns those colors.  SO TRUE!  Every new palette that has caught my eye is because I already own those colors, just not in that format.  I have been let down so many times because everything new looks the same on my face because IT IS THE SAME. Talk about reinventing the wheel.

And YES, we are constantly changing.  Our bodies, our minds are constantly changing.  So no back-ups for me anymore.  Thank goodness my DD is finally old enough to wear some makeup.  I can finally pass on some of the stash to her.  My HG mascara?  Not so HG anymore.  I have 2 more in the stash, albeit mini sizes, but they still last 3 months each.  DD needs to toss her mascara so mom to the rescue!  She gladly took my ex-HG mascara so now I only have 1 back up.  Hehehe, sneaky but still counts as a decluttered item.

@Oshare-girl - that method is exactly what kept me buying more palettes during the holiday weekend sales.  When I broke down the colors in the palette, it was really nothing special and colors I already owned.  Who cares if it is a slightly different hue of peach, it all looks the same on the eyes. And on my eyes, you cant tell anyway. Mine are so deep set that it doesnt even matter. I just love eyeshadow.  I probably would do just as well with just liner and a light colored shadow to even out some discoloration. But the truth of the matter is I barely use anything so I dont know why I love collecting mu so much.  I will try and catch her video later today.

That is great your daughter is getting into mu and you can share it with her. That is so much fun.  I wish I had some people that were really into mu.  I would give most of my collection away honestly. I keep pruning things down but there is still so much remaining. I discover things that I have totally forgotten about every time I organize.

So are you teaching your daughter all of the tips or tricks or is she teaching you?

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

That's me! I've become the opposite of my pack-rat mom. I run out of things and just can't be bothered to go to the store. The kids have to remind me well in advance if they need something. I think part of it stems from the early days of compacting when I would just try to stay away from stores to keep myself from shopping.  Now it's pure laziness. I wish we had drone-deliveries in Hawaii. I wouldn't have to drive to Target 2 miles away.

@Oshare-girl

I'm out of my probiotic and I only have to go half a mile to Costco to get it.  That's half a mile too far.

It's not that I'm a hermit, but sometimes I suspect the only reason I have a job -- besides the income part -- is that it forces me to leave the house.

@Oshare-girl, @just bee, so so interesting to see others say this.  For years, I do mean years, I needed so many things and had no desire to hit the stores. Especially for clothes and shoes and shoes I needed desparately. However, I just couldnt seem to get out there. I am coming out of that now and am a bit grateful.  It is almost the opposite. I know I should stay home and take care of some stuff but I seem to need to be on the go.  Life is certainly strange at times.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@Oshare-girl, @just bee, so so interesting to see others say this.  For years, I do mean years, I needed so many things and had no desire to hit the stores. Especially for clothes and shoes and shoes I needed desparately. However, I just couldnt seem to get out there. I am coming out of that now and am a bit grateful.  It is almost the opposite. I know I should stay home and take care of some stuff but I seem to need to be on the go.  Life is certainly strange at times.

@aprilskies

Getting stranger all the time!

Respected Contributor

Just dropping in to say hello and see how everyone is doing.  It has been so brutally hot lately.  I don’t like it at all. 

How is is the weather in your part of the 🌎. 

Respected Contributor

So, I was blown away this morning.  I had a train case that I bought from Ulta many years ago. It has managed to make it through my decluttering.  I wasnt using it and this morning I figured I would transfer my everyday basket of things to it so I can spread them out and see them better instead of digging through the basket every morning.  I open up the case and what do I see, yup, more mu. I dont even remember putting anything in it.  I was floored.  Just floored.  I must of created this mu basket before and forgot about it. This stuff just seems to multipy.  I am feeling insane about now.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Just dropping in to say hello and see how everyone is doing.  It has been so brutally hot lately.  I don’t like it at all. 

How is is the weather in your part of the 🌎. 

@aprilskies

Getting toasty. Woman Tongue