Super Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Declutter December

OMGOSH BEE IS THAT YOU????  ARE YOU STILL HERE??  I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AND LOOKING FOR THIS BOARD, AND CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE ON THE Q TAB ANYMORE!  I THOUGHT I WAS BLACKBALLED.   I WAS GOOGLING THE LAUREN HUTTON FACE DISC, AND GOT SENT TO A RANDOM POST, AND I LOOKED UP AND IT WAS THE Q.  STARTED FORAGING AROUND AND FOUND THIS POST.  if you are here look me up on fb, marguerite lutz hobbs.  illinois.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

is this you?? is this now??  been looking everywhere for this forum, couldnt find it anywhere.  thought it was long gone!   scared to close this tab mignt not find it again.  it is belleandme!!   hey hey hey!!!  please hit me up of fb if you have it,!!!   xoxoxox

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grammarqueen wrote:

I have bought way too many Philosophy 3-in-1's and one day I realized I'd never use all of them up just using them for taking showers. So I use them for other purposes as well:

1. Use them as hand soap. Rinse out your empty drug store pump hand soap container and fill it with Philosophy. I have even taken mine to work to use, because I can't stand the sorry excuse for hand soap that they provide! 

@grammarqueen

Welcome!

I haven't bought shower gels in years and I still have one or two years' worth of product to be used.  For some reason I felt it was necessary to purchase every 3-in-1 in the philosophy inventory.

After years of collecting, I am down to three full bottles and four partials.  The bad news is that I have a collection of Bath & Body Works shower gels, too.

The only way I was able to make a dent was to use them as hand soap.  Another trick was to commit to one bottle, one fragrance at a time.  Just put it in the shower and use it exclusively until the bottle is empty.  No more wasting time matching fragrances to my mood.  Am I feeling fruity?  Flowery?

And I stopped saving my favorites.  I'm just using them and making them go away.

Oh, and I found something for you.

Red pens!

They'll never get mine. Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stillbelleandme

Good grief, woman!  I thought you were in the Federal Witness Protection Program!

I think about you all the time and often wonder: What would @stillbelleandme have to say about this?

I'm not on FB, but I'm still here.  Where did you go?  Are you back?  I even did a search for you and I just came up with old threads.

Can you stick around?  I'm pretty sure the old philosophy forum is gone forever -- and that includes the 3-in-1 encyclopedia we created -- but this is a good thread to hang around.  Just be(e) a ComPactor!

Don't you dare disappear again!

P.S. Did you see that last post?  Down to three full bottles after all these years.  Together now:  WHAT were we thinking?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies

I sent my sister home with some Harney teas and she's been sending me reviews.

Strangely enough, she gave Ginger Liquorice a glowing review.  At first she thought it tasted "medicinal" but then she had a second cup.

When she went to bed she realized it was the first night in a very long time that she didn't have stuffy sinuses and an upset stomach.

She's already ordering from their website.  I've created a tea monster.

As for me, I'm almost out of Hot Cinnamon Spice and am already in withdrawal.  It's on sale now: Should I cave?

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

Never mind -- I caved. Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

I have DH using my shower gels that don't smell girly. Currently he's using Philosophy Fresh Cream. When that's done he'll work on the Korres Bergamot Pear.

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

I have DH using my shower gels that don't smell girly. Currently he's using Philosophy Fresh Cream. When that's done he'll work on the Korres Bergamot Pear.

@Caffeina

I've handed off the more "neutral" scents to Better-half but there are still risks.  Several years ago he mistakenly reached for a bottle of unconditional love.  Ironically, he forgot all about unconditional love when he emerged -- livid -- from the shower.

I've got a bottle of B&BW sea island cotton in there now for him to use and he hasn't made a dent.  Which makes me wonder if he's using that horrid Head & Shoulders I pawned off on him as a body wash.

He's an adult -- I'm not going to interfere.

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@aprilskies-Isn't it nice when you get in a "mood" to declutter? Sounds like you're doing really well.

I'm NOt in the mood right now and that is part of my problem. I'm hoping to get back in the mood after Christmas.

I really want to re-organize my closet but right now it's full of hidden gifts for everyone so I can't really do much with it. I'm actually looking forward to getting everything out so I can see what's left and what I want to do with it. 

I think that's partly why I'm not in the mood. I have piles of stuff everywhere, wrapping paper and boxes out, etc. so I just don't really feel like decluttering and organizing. It kind of bugs me, but I'm trying not to let it get to me. 

Maybe when the kids are off for 2 weeks we can work in their rooms and playroom. We did that last year and it kind of helped jump start the cleaning and organizing process. 

@rnmom, you have been doing so great all along and it is what keeps inspiring me to keep plugging along. I cant imagine you are not close to being done, if we ever are. I think we all need a break once in a while from it and it being the holidays, there is so much more of everything else that needs to get done. I have been decluttering a little bit here and there but I want to start tackling some of the bigger things. I just start to get overwhelmed and then fizzle out. 

Yesterday, I was looking for an extension cord in my linen closet and started to attack a couple of things that have just been lingering for years that I always think I will start to use but never do. I pulled my electric candle tart melter and a slew of Slankins oil scents that I have had for upteen years. I was determined to just donate the melter and the oils if they were still good and be done with it until I opened up the bottles for a sniff and they still smelled so good. Woman Embarassed,  they are not going anywhere.  But, I did not put them back in the closet. I put the melter on the stove and used the sugar cookie and my home smelled delicious.  So, now I will use these as consistently as I can to use them up, then I will donate the melter. It is fitting it is Christmas.

I was successful in pulling out the rest of my shorty shorts, besides the fact they dont fit, I dont ever see myself fitting into them again, I really dont think I will be wearing my shorts so short again.   So, sigh, there goes an era.  I suppose this is part of the problem - just accepting the "now."

Respected Contributor

@just bee, well, of course, withdrawal and sale, um, YES!! That is a "need" buy. Woman LOL

Interesting about the dragon tea, @just bee, I have only had this once and am reserving comment until I give it a fair try. I wasnt thrilled with my first cup but have learned to really try something out before claiming I dont like it. I will give it a try at bedtime and see if I see any benefits at least.

Oh no, another tea junkie in the making. 

You are making me want a cup of the cinnamon spice and I dont have any withe me. Woman Sad