Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 -- Adaptable August!

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies

I know what you mean about not wanting to be home.  I went through that for a period.  It’s not so bad now, I can stay at home, even without tv or radio going and it doesn’t bother me as much.   Although it’s funny, I had so many things going on that I was so happy to get done and over with so I could have some time to myself.  I’m not a people person.  I get absolutely exhausted when I have to deal with people, even the people I like.  But once I thought I’d have time for myself, I find I’m still on the go.  I’ve become a social butterfly.  Well, that’s definitely an exaggeration, but for me, I’m out with people so much more than I used to be.  And often it’s not because I want to be but have to be, dealing with things I never used to have to.

As far as purchases go, nothing exciting lately.  I’ve really been trying to restrain myself.  I’ve had a lot of large necessary outgo, so that has motivated me to watch discretionary spending.  And, in keeping with the theme of this thread, I’m really seeing that I need to keep my whole life simplified as much as possible.  The more I have, the more that can break down. The more confusing my life becomes.  I’ve got enough confusion in my brain as it is, I don’t need to buy myself more!😀  How about you?  Anything exciting in your shopping cart recently?🛒

That’s interesting about your cats.  Tell me, did they ever learn to get along?

Trusted Contributor

@just bee I have a spare bludgeon you can borrow. 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies

I know what you mean about not wanting to be home.  I went through that for a period.  It’s not so bad now, I can stay at home, even without tv or radio going and it doesn’t bother me as much.   Although it’s funny, I had so many things going on that I was so happy to get done and over with so I could have some time to myself.  I’m not a people person.  I get absolutely exhausted when I have to deal with people, even the people I like.  But once I thought I’d have time for myself, I find I’m still on the go.  I’ve become a social butterfly.  Well, that’s definitely an exaggeration, but for me, I’m out with people so much more than I used to be.  And often it’s not because I want to be but have to be, dealing with things I never used to have to.

As far as purchases go, nothing exciting lately.  I’ve really been trying to restrain myself.  I’ve had a lot of large necessary outgo, so that has motivated me to watch discretionary spending.  And, in keeping with the theme of this thread, I’m really seeing that I need to keep my whole life simplified as much as possible.  The more I have, the more that can break down. The more confusing my life becomes.  I’ve got enough confusion in my brain as it is, I don’t need to buy myself more!😀  How about you?  Anything exciting in your shopping cart recently?🛒

That’s interesting about your cats.  Tell me, did they ever learn to get along?

@geezerette, yea, I would say that was a pretty strange feeling.  The opposite is true as well, there are times I dont want to leave the house at all, so then I kind of feel trapped in my own dwelling but dont want to go anywhere at the same time, not even to work. Pretty strange.  Growing older is definitely not for the weak minded. LOL. I am like you though, I can be around people for a while but then need my own space to decompress a bit. I have become less of a people person as I have gotten older.

No, no major purchases.  Just some beauty items and clothes.  I even had to buy some more pants, unfortunately it became a necessity more than a want.  I was losing a few lbs but think I have gained it back and then some so..... I succumbed to buying more bottoms. My HEP is still a work in progress....  I do need to be careful how much I bring in though. I dont want to get back to square 1 especially after all of my decluttering.  The funny part is that I bought a light green jacket that is kind of  "army"  looking.  I brought it home and realized I bought the same jacket last year in burgundy. lol.  I guess I must have been attracted to the style. I was considering taking it back but the green one is a size larger and I can add a heavy sweater so that will be good for much cooler fall weather.

Yes, the older cat evenutally got use to the kitten and the funny part is the kitten passed away at 8 years old and the older cat didnt last long after that. She was 17 at the time.  So I think the little one even kept her going. lol.  I have introduced other cats to eat other over the years too and at first it wasnt so pleasant but after a while they would settle down and get along.  I hope your older cat at least settles down a bit. 

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee I have a spare bludgeon you can borrow. 

@KaySD

I'm considering it.

BH had made a comment during "the water thing."  Something that sounded like: "Jeez, what would you do in a real emergency?"

It suddenly became clear to me that he has no idea what I do for a living.  I work in an emergency room with psychiatric patients.

Want my address? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

Your new hair looks/sounds really cute!

@geezerette

I actually like it.  I'd mentioned that I'd been in a funk and was stopping at the bakery.  During this time I was eating more carbs and fewer fruits and vegetables.  I gained some weight and felt really crummy.  And I stopped my stretching routine.

The result: Stress.  My reward?  An enormous zit on my neck just in time for me to go back to work with a haircut that exposes everything.  Even better, the zit got a buddy.  I'm walking around looking like I was set upon by a vampire.

I slept when I got off work and stayed asleep.  Woke up this morning and had tea, then went back to stretching.  I shook off the funk.

Went to the Downtown Growers' Market with BH and the dog and got a watermelon and some purple bell peppers. 

There were fabulous-looking baked items at the market and I didn't buy any.  Just a melon, peppers and cream top whole milk from "happy" local cows for BH.  I might have to have some in my tea tomorrow.

Autumn is just around the corner.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I would get my hands on those little pots while they still exist.

@aprilskies

I'm seriously thinking about it.  Ulta has a few colors left and that would give me a chance to see them "in person" before purchasing.

Of course, I may be dead before I make a dent in them.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Have you bought more tea since?

@aprilskies

Yes!  Restocked my favorites -- twice!  I can feel myself getting tense because I'm getting low on Paris.

I'm torn: Continue buying my favorites or stop cold turkey and use what I have?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies

@geezerette

I can be a hermit and not leave the house at all (except to get out with the dog) on my days off.  But as it cools down, leaving the house is more appealing.  Really enjoyed the growers' market today.  Lots of dogs down there.

And I only have two weeks before the Da Vinci, The Genius exhibit closes at the museum.  I'll kick myself if I miss it.

As for cats, I get to scratch that itch with the neighbors' cat who lives in my yard.

Trusted Contributor

Ruh roh, I think I'm going down the tea rabbit hole.

I perused Harney & Sons and found five teas I'm interested in:  Wedding Tea (white tea with vanilla and lemon), Cherry Blossom, White Peach, Chinese Flower, and Heirloom Bartlett Pear.  Yes, I like soft, fruity, floral teas that would be good for iced tea.

Has anyone tried these flavors?  If yes, did you like them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@River Song wrote:

Ruh roh, I think I'm going down the tea rabbit hole.

I perused Harney & Sons and found five teas I'm interested in:  Wedding Tea (white tea with vanilla and lemon), Cherry Blossom, White Peach, Chinese Flower, and Heirloom Bartlett Pear.  Yes, I like soft, fruity, floral teas that would be good for iced tea.

Has anyone tried these flavors?  If yes, did you like them?

@River Song

Ruh roh is right!  I know that hole well.  I've been enticed by some of their offerings -- especially when a sale price is involved.  I have Cherry Blossom and Chinese Flower.  In fact, I'm boiling water right now and I was going to have a mug of Chinese Flower just to refresh my memory.

But then I saw the milk we bought at the growers' market and remembered that I was going to use it in my mug of Paris this morning.  (I'm not a milk drinker but this stuff looks like quality vanilla ice cream.)

I also want the extra caffeine right now.

Cherry Blossom definitely tastes like cherry.  But it's a combination of natural and artificial cherry flavors.  Do you remember Charm lollipops?  It's somewhat reminiscent of cherry-flavored candy.

I wanted to introduce more variety into my tea rotation -- specifically green tea -- but the average green tastes like dishwater.  H & S sells a respectable green.  Three of my favorites are Organic Green with Citrus & Ginkgo, Tropical Green (pineapple) and Bangkok (aka Green Tea with Coconut).

My problem is that I've collected a lot of different flavors but still reach for my favorites.  I like the flavored black teas like Paris, Victorian London Fog and Black Currant.  That one's very fruity.

Sometimes I'll order a tea and it will make a tepid first impression, then I'll try it again and like it.  Let me polish off this Paris and I'll make some Chinese Flower.