Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 -- Adaptable August!

@just bee,

Thanks for your observations on the teas.  I'll take a look at the recommendations you made.  I'm crossing Cherry Blossom off the list as I don't want to sip an iced tea that reminds me of cherry cough syrup, lol.  Chinese Flower is off the list, too, as I'm looking for an iced tea that is not heavy on the tannins/earthy flavors, but light and refreshing.  The search continues...

I was doing so well on decluttering and then just kind of ran out of steam.  This getting older business is frustrating (I'm 62).  I knew that my energy levels would decrease as I got older but then it actually happened and I'm annoyed.  My mind is willing but my body is saying nope, nada, not going to happen today.  Sigh.  I complain to my 97 year old mom about my lack of stamina and she just laughs and says wait till you get to be my age, then you'll have something to complain about.

Honored Contributor

@River Song

Have you checked out the ones that they sell specifically for iced tea?  Peach, blood orange, blueberry green, passion fruit...

I hear ya on the energy thing.  It's more of a motivation thing for me.  I want to do it, but I'd rather watch the Little League World Series today.

I really want to see Texas and New York play but we gotta get this dog out and about.

Better get dressed first.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee,

Well, duh, no I didn't notice that they had a section for iced tea.  They don't exactly make the iced tea collection obvious.  Took a look and that section is exactly what I was looking for.

So, ladies, what do you all do when you have a bunch of clothes in the closet that are one size too small (too snug to wear in public, lol)?  I suppose I should just be brutal and give them all to Goodwill, even the stuff I've never worn.  I keep thinking that if I just lose the weight I'll be able to fit into them again.  But, by the time that happens (if ever), the stuff will be out of style if it isn't already.  What a job.  I hate trying on clothes, looking at myself  in the mirror trying to decide if I'd ever wear the garment even if it did fit correctly, then bagging it up, then taking it to Goodwill.  Ugh.  Makes me tired just thinking about it. 

Honored Contributor

@River Song

I was pretty brutal on the first major pruning of my closets.  I pulled out things I really liked, things I'd had for years and things that I'd never worn that still had tags.

What made it easier was I was donating them to NM Animal Humane's thrift shop.  Donated three leather bombers, too.  And all my short skirts and Hawaiian shirts.  Part of my decision was based on colors and patterns that I just don't want to wear anymore.

I need to make another brutal pass and pull out sweaters I probably won't wear in my lifetime.

You know, in high school and college I had one closet.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee,

Yup, in college I had a closet the size of a coat closet.  It was tiny.  Now we have a small walk in closet and 2/3 of the stuff is mine.  It's just too much and I don't wear most of it.  I have light weight sweater tops in there that I've worn once in winter (I'm in SW Florida), lol.  I have some synthetic tops that I really like but can only wear in winter because they feel like I'm wearing plastic wrap in the summer.  Those just have to go, can't justify keeping them for the two days when a cold front blows through during winter.

Well, I went down the rabbit hole at Harneys big time, LOL.  Sales are always dangerous.  Purchased seven (!) different iced teas:  passion fruit, black current, peach, blueberry green, pomegranate, raspberry herbal, and blood orange.   Good thing there's some room in the pantry for all those tins.  I've been making an effort to use up all the odds and ends of teas I had accumulated to make room for the new ones. 

Honored Contributor

@River Song

It helps now that they have their Loyalty Program.  But I'm sitting on my hands.  I have a ton of tea and I'd stocked a lot of hot cinnamon spice, then stopped drinking it.  Maybe with fall coming I'll start up again.  I just wonder if I can run out of Paris and not place an order.  We'll see.

@rnmom

And I'm not going to pick up any eye shadow.  I'm down to two tiny e.l.f. palettes that I bought from drugstore.com.  In other words, they're old!  But the colors work.  I'm surprised how little makeup I have left.  What I do have a lot of is lip balm and lip gloss and I have to remind myself to use gloss.  Now that I'm using Burt's Bees tinted balm, there's really no reason to.

Acure body washes are $4.99 at Sprouts this week and I have to talk myself out of stocking those.  I'm making a real dent in my last few bottles of philosophy and B&BW, so I must stay the course! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@just bee. @River Song, dont even get me started on one small closet in that era, and we were happy.  I will add to that, when did we feel we needed all of these beauty products?  I used to only have the basics back in the day, not shelves and drawers full. When did we get convinced we needed giant closets full of clothes and shoes and a giant closet full of beauty items.  It makes me cringe sometimes.  The weird part is I know this and still struggle, so go figure.

Talk about decluttering, besides keep a bag handy to drop things in, I am really have a hard time letting more stuff go and I dont understand it. I set out to get rid of things and I end up with a reason to keep them.  But, I know I must. I dont use half of the small kitchen gadgets I have so I need to make some hard decisions.  I am starting to realize it is true, stuff only adds to my anxiety.

I was going through some mu today, I really need to sit down and realistically think through what I am really going to use and get rid of the rest. It will be painful but so is looking at all of this stuff going to waste. I have enough powder to powder my city. I got rid of a lot of skincare items and need to now get rid of some mu that I know I just will not use.  I think I will start with some BE. I will never use the sparkly stuff so maybe I will start there. 

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, @just bee, sounds like a real toss up whether you'd know how to handle a crisis. Sheesh. I'll just send the package to Albuquerque and they'll know where to drop it off. 

Smiley Very Happy

i just decided to build build a cute little shed, cut everything in my one car garage down to what will fit in the shed, and convert the garage to a workroom. Ambitious. My goal for the year was to get rid of stuff until everything I own has a place to belong. Not there yet, and it feels like cheating to ADD storage. But I think this will work!

Trusted Contributor

@just bee No wrong answers. Seriously. You can't go on an unhappy journey and get to a happy place. 

Trusted Contributor

Celestial seasonings Green Tea Pear.