Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Able April

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

All I know is what in the world has happened to our clothing. The quality is absurd.  I recently ordered what looked like a cute soft luxe sweater and received it yesterday. Dear Lord, really!!!  It wasnt even soft and the fabric was questionable and it was not necessarily cheap.  I wouldnt have paid 20 bucks for it much less anything else. So, I put it in my car this morning and back to the store it is going. How disappointing.

Seriously, what up?

That’s why I keep wearing my old clothes with their holes and stains—they’re still better quality and fit than the new stuff out there now.

This is also why I'm going to start getting my shoes repaired instead of buying a new pair.  I had to change my style of shoe because my feet just couldn't take it.  Apparently they prefer high-end comfort (ie Birkenstocks, Vionic).  I have a pair of Josef Seibel (I didn't know the brand but the shoes felt good) that are perfectly good and only 2 years old but the heel has worn down.  In the past I would have tossed them and bought something else but these were pricey even on sale and they feel good on my feet so I'm going to take them to have the heels replaced which only costs $15.  And they should be good for another 2 years.  And good for the environment.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl

So relieved to hear from you!  I wish the rain that's tormenting the rest of the country would visit us in New Mexico.  It smelled like rain this morning but it's just not going to happen. Woman Sad

@just bee I wish we could share the rain with you!  April always makes me nervous.  It rains too much. Looks like we're in for another rainy week...but just rain, not storms.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I scratched the itch to buy something at the grocery store.  Paid full price for...

Kanzi

I needed a new apple.

@just bee That looks beautiful!  I just bought some Honeycrisps from Costco.  They were the only ones that were not labeled organic. All the other varieties have been labeled organic and increased in price.  I'm beginning to suspect that organic is just a way to charge more.  

Trusted Contributor

Here's my last post for tonight.  I hit pan on an eyeshadow!  This is the 3rd eyeshadow I have hit pan on this year.  I'm thrilled!

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

What is a bosque?

@KaySD Thanks for asking what a bosque is.  I was wondering the same thing.  @just bee bosques are amazing!  I never would have guessed that was in there.

@Oshare-girl

bosque

bosque

bosque

bosque

bosque

bosque

bosque

bosque

A very different landscape compared to Hawaii!

What's funny about the cottonwoods is that they produce "cotton" that floats all over the city during the spring and it looks like it's snowing.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

As soon as this Cubs game is over I'm going to help BH make rigatoni.  I'll try the Acure website again tomorrow and then I'm done.

I was thinking I'd transition from Lumene to Acure because it's becoming next to impossible to find Lumene products, but now I'm just annoyed. Woman Mad

If you haven't started the transition, check Target's site. They have 16 Lumene items listed.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote: 

Fluttering.  I spend more time going from one thing to another.  I keep reminding myself to do one thing, get in done, and then move on.  But while I’m doing one thing, I see something else that needs doing and I’m afraid I’m going to forget if I don’t do it now.  Usually I’m doing something I need to do, then go off to do something I want to do.  Then I end up getting nothing completely finished and I have stuff scattered all over in a big mess.

”Would I buy it again” is my bane.  If only I could figure out before I buy something if it’s going to be one of those absolute favorites that I can’t live without and gets used every day until it falling apart, or if it’s going to be a loser that I don’t use, don’t want, but can’t quite bear to throw out or give away.

I quit watching the financial networks lately.  I’m tired of hearing how much our economy depends on consumers consuming.  I know that if I hadn’t been blessed with having enough to eat, a good place to sleep and enough money to not have to get out and grovel, I would want “stuff”.  I’m not talking about that aspect.  But I think we have put much too much emphasis on buying happiness.  But it’s still hard to put that into practice.  Right now I’m struggling with just how many screwdrivers of the same size I need to keep.  It’s going to be a long summer at this rate...🙈

ITA with everything. I have a few days off coming up and while I am not going to spend all of my time indoors (keeps fingers crossed for nice weather), I want to spend some time focusing on one area.  I would say paperwork really needs my attention, but I suspect I will conveniently forget. Woman LOL

I did declutter some things. Not much but some.  The sad part is I couldnt even get the bag out of the house because I dropped my jewelry case right where those bags were so I want to go through everything and make sure I have all the pieces. As it is, I already found one pair of earrings.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

As soon as this Cubs game is over I'm going to help BH make rigatoni.  I'll try the Acure website again tomorrow and then I'm done.

I was thinking I'd transition from Lumene to Acure because it's becoming next to impossible to find Lumene products, but now I'm just annoyed. Woman Mad

@just bee

And this is one big reason I want to continue to simplify and minimize.  The time spent and frustration experienced by me while chasing down products of all kinds.  I know I’m looking at life from a different perspective than most right now, but it just doesn’t seem to me to be worth much of the effort anymore.

Yes, right now my life is extremely complicated.  And I’m getting older, while things—namely how we experience procuring goods—are getting more difficult for me to understand.  Add to that, much, if not all, of the time the fun is gone.  I used to enjoy shopping, of any kind.  Now, it’s a chore to be put off as long as possible.  Right now I have a note sitting on my counter to order supplements.  It’s been sitting there for weeks, and I’m rapidly running out of those supplements.  It’s a simple thing that should take less than five minutes.  Yet I still haven’t placed that order.  I’m sure there is some deep psychological reason for this, but I couldn’t care less.  Or I could just be lazy.

We have all these devices, gadgets and services that are supposedly designed to make our lives easier and save us time.  I guess I don’t understand how to use them, because I find that much of the time they just do the opposite.  At least for me.

@geezerette,  I hear you about shopping. I went for a long time really needing to go shopping and I couldnt get myself to go. It was the strangest feeling. And it wasnt stuff I could order online or didnt want to.  For a while I needed shoes badly, I could not for the life of me make myself go searching. And when I did, I didnt last more than an hour and that was probably too much.  Clothes was another thing I just couldnt make myself do.  I think I am coming out of that a little bit now. I do want some new things. I just wont go overboard.

Products though, I have no problem shopping for.  But I am pretty proud of myself if I may say so.  I have only purchased a handful of products this year so far.  I could have done without them but I did want to try some things.  IT was some essences that I want to use for the 7 layer technique.  I think I am liking that technique.  We will see. MU I havent purchased at all and in the last 15 months, the only thing I added to my collection was an expensive highlighting palette (regret). Ask me how many times I have used it - none. Recently I have been jonesing for an eyeshadow palette and almost convinced myself. But then I thought of what I already have and the fact I dont reach for it and it squelched that urge.

Yes, gadgets do not make things faster. Sure in a way they do, but in a way they dont. Right now, I am trying to conquer my tablet addiction. When did this become an extension of my hand?  The addiction is real.

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Here's my last post for tonight.  I hit pan on an eyeshadow!  This is the 3rd eyeshadow I have hit pan on this year.  I'm thrilled!

@Oshare-girl I have never hit pan on any eyeshadow.  Good for you!!  Hopefullly I'll hit pan sometime this year, since I have stopped buying eyeshadows since February.  

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@Oshare-girl I have never hit pan on any eyeshadow.  Good for you!!  Hopefullly I'll hit pan sometime this year, since I have stopped buying eyeshadows since February.  

That is an awesome feeling to hit pan.  I think I only hit pan on two eyeshadows ever and never finished one.  This weekend, I am going to clean all of my brushes and start making time for mu in the morning.  @Oshare-girl is making me jealous.Woman LOL