Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Able April

I figured out how to create a sale.  Simply tell yourself and everyone you know that you're not going to buy anything.  Not no how, not no way.

As soon as I decided I was on a no-buy mission, our local "natural food" store put Acure products in their ad at 30% off.

I resisted.  I told myself that I don't need any more oils or shampoo and conditioner.

Now Walgreens has a buy-one-get-one-50%-off deal on Acure.

I've decided to stay the course.  Why?

1. I'm not even sure I really like this product.

2. I have two shampoos and two conditioners in the stash.

3. Two of those are the new packaging and I don't know if I'm going to like the new packaging.

4. Taxes are due.

Yes, of course I wait 'til the last minute to mail my checks. Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

So I picked up my new Versace frames yesterday and they look and feel sorta... Fellini.

Fellini

Definitely retro.  And after the titanium frame, they feel heavy.

My timing is always terrible with frames.  Every time I commit to one, the newest styles show up when I go in to pick them up.

I noticed a trend.  Several of the frames are going to the one color, no visible metal thing.  Even the new colored metal/titanium frames don't have visible metal accents.

And the cat eye seems to be making a comeback.  I tried on an outrageous Dolce & Gabbana while I was waiting and it's a good thing I went with the Versace or I might have been tempted to go over the top with D & G.

Still adjusting to the frame and new prescription.  But I was due for a change.  This one will probably work.  It's a modified cat that looks a bit more cat than I'd expected.

Gary Larson would be pleased.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I always enjoy catching up with everyone on this thread.  

Yes, being mobile and not having stuff hold you back.  That is what I am striving for but feel I will never reach.  One of the reasons I haven’t moved yet and I should of been out of my place a long time ago.  The thought of boxing it all up is daunting, which is why I am trying again to work through things.  The trick is to stop bringing things in but I will be darned if that is not tough. I feel I shouldn’t still be struggling with this after all this time.  At least I am drastically much better but I am still a work in progress. 

@just bee, my no buy was a bust.  I was even doing so good in buying mindfully for a while and then went over the edge.  I am a little ticked at myself.  Oh well....  Hopefully you will like your new glasses.  I have to pull mine out and get use to them.  I have been reaching for my old pair because they are easy. Now I just need to find them. 

It it was such a beautiful day yesterday albeit a little too hot but it is back to being really chilly today. We are expecting heavy rain tomorrow. I hope we eventually see a nice spring. I can’t believe the storms in the Midwest. Just crazy. 

@geezerette, let me know how the cat trees work out.  I have two small ones and would like to replace them. One is pretty torn up and since they are in my living room, I am tired of looking at it all beat up.  At least they scratching it and not my carpet.  Good 🐈. 

My focus until the weather warms up is to keep decluttering.  I am giving away a bookcase and side table among other things and I have a bag ready to go to goodwill. I would like to find another place to donate but I keep falling for the easy route. 

It it is funny I see another thread about having to much black in the closet.  Yes, I agree, that is me too. I am trying to change it up some so I am trying to do a little shopping and refuse to look at anything black.  I am drawn to that color.  I suppose because it is easy.  My summer things aren’t black but it would be nice if they fit. 😞 

HEP - yea, that is still a work in progress. 😔 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

That's funny about too much black in the closet.  I probably have too much red and gray.  But as I prune my wardrobe I find I'm removing a lot of patterns and bright colors.  I'm smitten with fall and winter colors and I prefer black, gray, navy, olive, burgundy.  But I like red, green, brown and tan, too.  And I have a soft spot for pink.

I like monochromatic if I have to get dressed: A black shirt and black pants with an open shirt/blouse over it.  I still have a lot of "silkish" blouses from my corporate days and use them for that little splash of color.  And then there are my shoes.  It seems as I get older my glasses and shoes are more interesting than what's in between.

As for HEP, I got up this morning and cleaned the kitchen.  I wiped down the counters and stood back and admired it.  Even BH commented.  Once I saw the island in the kitchen bare, I had to picture a salad, pizza and a bottle of red on it.

An Italian restaurant opened in the neighborhood years ago and I still hadn't been there.  Today, BH called in an order and I picked it up and brought it home.  It was just enough: A spinach salad, a bottle of New Mexican Cab-Zin, and a slice of three completely different wood oven pizzas.

Fruit would have been nice.  Or some dessert.  But the wine was slightly sweet, so that and the salad were a good finish.

I've been on the sick side for the past couple weeks so this was a real shot in the arm. 

Trusted Contributor

@just bee Ah, food somebody else made and handed to me. Heaven. I have been spring cleaning and garden renovating and generally beating myself to a pulp. I have to sit down every little while. I'm quite healthy, but there is just less energy than there once wuz. Phooey.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee Ah, food somebody else made and handed to me. Heaven. I have been spring cleaning and garden renovating and generally beating myself to a pulp. I have to sit down every little while. I'm quite healthy, but there is just less energy than there once wuz. Phooey.

@KaySD

What I've noticed is that there just isn't as much time as there used to be.  Days, weeks, months -- they all seem to go by much faster than they once did.

And that's really exhausting.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

So far the cat trees aren’t going well.  The cat is still ignoring them completely, treats or not.  Of course, anything new that comes into the house that has nothing to do with the cat, he has to explore.  Something meant for him, though, is apparently unappealing.  He is a cat, after all.

The Monster Dog, however, is delighted.  She finally discovered the cat treats sitting on the shelves.  She gobbled the one she could reach, then proceeded to sit and bark at the others that were too high for her to easily snatch.  

We’ll see how it progresses.  Or doesn’t.😹

Honored Contributor

@geezerette

Catnip?

Respected Contributor

@just bee, must have been a pizza day yesterday.  Had it for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it since I haven’t had it in awhile. Funny, usually pizza and beer go together, never had it with wine. How elegant. Dessert was banana fritters, which were more pancake like. It helped use up some bananas that were over ripe. I am tired of throwing away bananas and/or freezing them.  They seem to turn so quickly. 

I absolutely love when a room is cleaned and cleared.  It is such a good feeling. If only I can keep things looking that way. It is no joke how quickly days seem to pass and not everything gets done, and cIutter seems to magically accumulate.  I did manage to get to my laundry yesterday if nothing else. Good thing because I couldn’t show up to work today in my birthday suit.  

It is rainy and dark this morning.  I love a good rainstorm.  Now we just need low rolling thunder.  Just a little bit, not that super scary stuff that makes you jump.  

Respected Contributor

@geezerette, just like a cat.  I think that is why I am hesitant on getting rid of the ones I have.  At least they use these. The last big one I had, only one was interested.  And the big scratching post I bought them, none of them touched it. It is still sitting in the corner untouched and it’s been years. I keep thinking one day.  Cats, you gotta love them.  My two now are just super picky, even with their food.  I don’t think I have experienced this much pickiness ever and I have had cats most of my life.