Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Sensible September!

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Yup, Dermstore.  The price was right with free ship and I didn't have to order anything else.  I think that is what I like about it so far.  I don't feel it breaks apart even though I get warm and clammy at times.  I only use a good drop but still, it holds.  I was considering a liquid foundation for this purpose and this will do just fine.  I dreaded buying another liquid foundation because they have been a waste of money for me.  I haven't found one that doesn't give me crators. 

@aprilskies

That's what's so surprising about the pūrlisse.  It disintegrates on my face.  Patchy weirdness.  Kinda drying, too.  Just what I need in the high desert.

Yea, not a good look. I think I like it so far and will stick with mixing it in my bb cream for now until I finish it because it is time to get this thing out of my collection. I am going to add a drop or two of a sample sized illuminator I have and see how that looks. I feel I need a little perk. I, too, like that it is neutral. 

Once my bb cream is finished I will try it on its own but I think I am going to need more hydration especially in the winter. 

It is good that you found a way to make purlisse work for you. 

Honored Contributor

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

CHILE!

It's officially autumn!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Well, there's your fall color in New Mexico.  Last weekend, Better-Half and I put the world's greatest dog in the truck and we drove over the Rio Grande to the east side of town to buy a bushel of roasted green chile.

Got home, donned our gloves, then started peeling and packing up in freezer bags.  I did the taste test.  With the chiles still piping hot, I pulled out one long perfect green chile and wrapped it in a tortilla.

Just one bite told me all I needed to know.  They're hot this year.  Oh, man, are they!  These are killer.

CHILE!

And we stopped at the Italian deli and bakery so we could try their hot Italian sausage and cookies.  Finally found decent Italian sausage!  BH made his minestrone, we got all our chiles in the freezer and we're ready for the new year.

Balloon Fiesta is just thirteen days, one hour and thirty-five minutes away!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why, yes, I am in a good mood.  Why?  Because on Friday I wasn't.  Something happened at work right before I left and it had me so distracted (I was perseverating) that I missed it when my mileage turned 23,456.  Better-half asked me why that was important -- why I wanted to see the numbers turn.  Okay, I know it's not and I'm not OCD, but sometimes I anticipate certain combinations of numbers and I like to see them as they appear.

But Friday was wasted.  I was in such a funk that I slept through most of it.  On Saturday I had an all-day class for work.  And that's when I made up my mind to restart.  Autumn and Rosh Hashanah coincided this year so I took that as a sign.  There are many things to admire about the various religions but at my age I'm fairly certain I'll never commit to one.  As I've said, the dietary rules always make me lose interest.  But what I've always appreciated about Judaism is the timing of the Jewish New Year: Autumn.

So this year it was kismet.  I'm looking at this weekend as the beginning of a new year and, conveniently, the temperature has dropped and we got an impressive amount of rain yesterday.  Everything feels new.

I can't put it off 'til January.  It just feels like a good time for new.

And this year there will be brand new Special Shapes in the Balloon Fiesta.  Even a hedgehog from the Czech Republic.

Just thirteen days and fifty-six minutes to go.

Honored Contributor

And a new year calls for a new apple.

SweeTango

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last full week of September is...

DOG WEEK!

(Well, every week is dog week around here...)

Honored Contributor

Eleven days, twenty-three hours, thirty-one minutes...

Balloon Fiesta

Balloon Fiesta

Balloon Fiesta

Balloon Fiesta

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Why, yes, I am in a good mood.  Why?  Because on Friday I wasn't.  Something happened at work right before I left and it had me so distracted (I was perseverating) that I missed it when my mileage turned 23,456.  Better-half asked me why that was important -- why I wanted to see the numbers turn.  Okay, I know it's not and I'm not OCD, but sometimes I anticipate certain combinations of numbers and I like to see them as they appear.

But Friday was wasted.  I was in such a funk that I slept through most of it.  On Saturday I had an all-day class for work.  And that's when I made up my mind to restart.  Autumn and Rosh Hashanah coincided this year so I took that as a sign.  There are many things to admire about the various religions but at my age I'm fairly certain I'll never commit to one.  As I've said, the dietary rules always make me lose interest.  But what I've always appreciated about Judaism is the timing of the Jewish New Year: Autumn.

So this year it was kismet.  I'm looking at this weekend as the beginning of a new year and, conveniently, the temperature has dropped and we got an impressive amount of rain yesterday.  Everything feels new.

And this year there will be brand new Special Shapes in the Balloon Fiesta.  Even a hedgehog from the Czech Republic.

Well I cant tell you how much I am on the same page here. I didnt equate it as in "January new" but I am feeling exactly that and it is a good way to put it.  It is time for some changes. Real changes. New habits. No more excuses and believe me, I reign queen. For several days now, I have been working on incorporating new habits and it is starting to put me in a better place mentally. It is time for compacting in a whole different area and I think I am finally ready. It is time to change things up and I have realized no one is going to do it for me.  Between work and home, I am pretty beyond fed up.

Happy beginning of "new year," to you!

The balloons are so awesome, btw.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Well I cant tell you how much I am on the same page here. I didnt equate it as in "January new" but I am feeling exactly that and it is a good way to put it.  It is time for some changes. Real changes. New habits. No more excuses and believe me, I reign queen. For several days now, I have been working on incorporating new habits and it is starting to put me in a better place mentally. It is time for compacting in a whole different area and I think I am finally ready. It is time to change things up and I have realized no one is going to do it for me.  Between work and home, I am pretty beyond fed up.

@aprilskies

If it makes you feel any better, I've decided to gather all the unused board/party/card games I've collected and donate them to a specific entity.  I pulled out some games that I purchased when I worked in retail and they've never been used.  The price tags are still on them.  The company (I used to work for these people) went out of business a looooooong time ago.  We used to put a date on our price stickers in "code."

Can you figure out what "1085" means?

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies

If it makes you feel any better, I've decided to gather all the unused board/party/card games I've collected and donate them to a specific entity.  I pulled out some games that I purchased when I worked in retail and they've never been used.  The price tags are still on them.  The company (I used to work for these people) went out of business a looooooong time ago.  We used to put a date on our price stickers in "code."

Can you figure out what "1085" means?

Omgosh, Just Bee, board games. I have completely cleared out my board games but you reminded me of my SIL.  She has a bookcase in her basement stuffed with them. I dont know if she has since gotten rid of them because they are prone to flooding where they are at, but, you guys could probably compare notes. 

Although, I have 2 video game systems and a slew of video games that I use to keep for when the kids in the family use to come over and, of course, I got into a game or two.  Why in the world did I buy so many games. ....and two systems. oy vey.  sigh. 

Right now, in my line of fire is my collection of lock n locks. I had most of them for at least 10 years. Some are yellowed and dingy.  I have considered doing the baking soda paste thing to clean them, but honestly, I dont know if I want to bother. I think I may start to replace them. Plus, how long should one keep these plastic containers. I cant imagine at one point the plastic doesnt start to break down. 

Riddles, I am terrible at riddles, however, I would venture to say Oct. '85, or is that too simplistic?