Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies

Our Zamberlan boots showed up today and they are amazing.  BH can't get over the fit.  I can't get over the instruction book in 24 different languages.

@just bee, so glad you love them.  What you mean a shoemaker that actually knows how to make a shoe that fits.  Now that is amazing.   I will have to keep these in mind.  Have you  taken a long walk in them yet?  

Respected Contributor

I think I am done ordering products from qvc.  I just went to use my new moisturizer, just excited to try it, and it was opened already.  It is one of those type of caps that has the needle type thing and you puncture the opening. How disappointing.  These products are not cheap and to receive used products is just unacceptable. 

I can understand that they would reintroduce clothing but products is just gross. I should check my others as well. 

I had such high hopes.  

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Stocking up and free shipping are two of my many weaknesses.

@geezerette,  Uh, are you slipping woman, dont forget sales and coupon codes.  You know, so we can save a few bucks just to have the things taking up real estate.

I guess I must be getting old faster than what I thought!  I don’t know how I forgot those—especially since I just received an order I placed with coupons and on sale!

In my defense, I did say that I have many weaknesses...🤗

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I think I am done ordering products from qvc.  I just went to use my new moisturizer, just excited to try it, and it was opened already.  It is one of those type of caps that has the needle type thing and you puncture the opening. How disappointing.  These products are not cheap and to receive used products is just unacceptable. 

I can understand that they would reintroduce clothing but products is just gross. I should check my others as well. 

I had such high hopes.  

Man, I hate when that happens.  This is definitely a justified case to “send it back”!

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I had such high hopes.  

@aprilskies

Gasp!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I had such high hopes.  

Man, I hate when that happens.  This is definitely a justified case to “send it back”!

@geezerette

@aprilskies

And I was thinking of ordering that cap with the lights this morning.  Ew.  I think you should give CS a call and express your horror and disappointment.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies

Our Zamberlan boots showed up today and they are amazing.  BH can't get over the fit.  I can't get over the instruction book in 24 different languages.

@just bee, so glad you love them.  What you mean a shoemaker that actually knows how to make a shoe that fits.  Now that is amazing.   I will have to keep these in mind.  Have you  taken a long walk in them yet?  

@aprilskies

These things are expensive.  It took me a long time before I could bring myself to pay $69 for a pair of Alegrias on sale.  I'm going to have to keep an eye on the Zamberlan website and watch for a sale.  But I can see why their boots are over $300 -- they're like Lamborghinis on the feet.  And the design makes my feet look smaller.

The reason I fell was that I can't lace my other hiking boots all the way to the top because it's so painful to walk in them.  It feels like someone is kicking me below the shin.  But because I'm worried about another faceplant, I've been wearing the old boots tied to the top and wincing all the way.  I actually have marks on my legs.

Not the case with the Zamberlans.  I can wear these as they are intended to be worn and there's no discomfort.  I have a class this morning and I'm going to wear them.  Haven't taken them out for a walk yet, but I want to gaze upon them and enjoy their waxed red beauty before they are covered with New Mexico dust.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I had such high hopes.  

@geezerette

@aprilskies

And I was thinking of ordering that cap with the lights this morning.  Ew.  I think you should give CS a call and express your horror and disappointment.

@geezerette@just bee

oh yes, this is going back.  I really make an effort on not returning things for various reasons but this is just wrong.  

JB, if I thought it would do any good, I would call them but I don’t think they care as I have read other ladies on the boards experiencing the same thing from time to time and nothing seems to have changed. I think I am for once and for all returning to the drugstore.  Not that people don’t open things there but at least you can check things out. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I had such high hopes.  

@geezerette

@aprilskies

@geezerette@just bee

oh yes, this is going back.  I really make an effort on not returning things for various reasons but this is just wrong.  

JB, if I thought it would do any good, I would call them but I don’t think they care as I have read other ladies on the boards experiencing the same thing from time to time and nothing seems to have changed. I think I am for once and for all returning to the drugstore.  Not that people don’t open things there but at least you can check things out. 

@aprilskies

I do have to say that the items I purchased from Ulta and Walgreens were sealed up like Fort Knox.  The Lumene creams were in a box and the box was sealed with plastic.  Once I got the jar freed from the packaging, there was foil over the top of the product.

Respected Contributor

I'm another one that used to love the BE foundation and used it for years. SO easy and just a bit of buffing was perfect to even out my complexion. I haven't been able to use it for a while either, partly because I'm older and it was accentuating every fine line I had and partly because I've developed such dark melasma since I had my second kid that I need more coverage.

I did buy a jar of the Everyday Minerals foundation this summer to try because I was still hoping to find something that I could just throw on in the hot summer that might give me at least a little coverage and not be so heavy. I used it the other day to just run out to the store and even though it took a few passes to get the coverage I wanted I was surprised that it didn't look as bad as I thought. I will definitely have to give this jar some more attention.

I was reading the other thread on here too about mineral foundation and older women and might give the Pur pressed powder foundation a try someday too. I sure would love to find one that worked, I'm not a fan of liquids at all.