Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- Mindful March!

Happy March 17!

Happy March 17!

Happy March 17!

Happy March 17!

Happy March 17!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee

Trust the Irish Setter to get right to the spirit of the day!

Cute!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Found an interesting article about compulsive decluttering.  It's like the opposite of hoarding.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/09/ocd-obsessive-compulsive-decluttering-hoarding/40...

I am not a compulsive declutterer.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

forsythia

Spring has already sprung here in Albuquerque, but it'll be official in a few hours.

Anyone planning to do anything dramatic?  A new season is a good time to make some changes.

It's spring break and I'm taking the week off to putter.

Honored Contributor

@just bee

You have forsythia in Albuquerque?

No, nothing dramatic for me.  I'd just like to be able to have a halfway clean house and an un-mangled bush for a change.  But that ain't gonna happen anytime soon, so I'm not going to fight it.

Enjoy your time off!  I've been spending lots of my days (more than I should) just walking the fields and woods with the dogs, and it does wonders for the soul.  So be sure to use a good portion of your puttering time for relaxing, mindless and peaceful stuff!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

You have forsythia in Albuquerque?

No, nothing dramatic for me.  I'd just like to be able to have a halfway clean house and an un-mangled bush for a change.  But that ain't gonna happen anytime soon, so I'm not going to fight it.

Enjoy your time off!  I've been spending lots of my days (more than I should) just walking the fields and woods with the dogs, and it does wonders for the soul.  So be sure to use a good portion of your puttering time for relaxing, mindless and peaceful stuff!

@geezerette

Why, yes we do!  It's probably the first plant to blossom here.  Not even the end of March and many of them have already replaced their yellow blossoms with green leaves.

I have a long list of things to do and I've been an absolute slug.  I need to force myself to go work in the yard.  So far all I've done is go out with the dog.  Who is sitting here staring at me as if we just didn't go to the bosque.

I'm totally in the mood for mindless and peaceful.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD

Here we are!

Respected Contributor

While I am a cool weather person and dont want to see or feel the humidity too soon, I would love it if the snow would disappear giving us the opportunity to get out there and do some outdoor stuff. I am ready to get out of the house a bit and I dont do that when there is ice out there.  This morning, I could see the black ice and walked gingerly.  I do suspect it should be warmer soon.

I do love it when it is St. Patty's Day because then spring is around the corner. Spring and fall are my favorite when we actually get a spring and fall that is. 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

While I am a cool weather person and dont want to see or feel the humidity too soon, I would love it if the snow would disappear giving us the opportunity to get out there and do some outdoor stuff. I am ready to get out of the house a bit and I dont do that when there is ice out there.  This morning, I could see the black ice and walked gingerly.  I do suspect it should be warmer soon.

I do love it when it is St. Patty's Day because then spring is around the corner. Spring and fall are my favorite when we actually get a spring and fall that is. 

We had a very mild winter and spring came early.  Right now it feels like early summer, so it's unseasonably warm.  Like 80.  It seems it all happened overnight: Everything's green, blossoms are on the trees, my lilac's getting ready to open, and it's time to get out and water everything.  Good thing I took the week off.  I'm going to be spending it in the yard.  Everything's thirsty.  So many weeds, so little time.

I feel like I need to make a change so I made a hair appointment for tomorrow.  The mop is coming off.  I just have a feeling that it's going to be a warm summer and I need easy hair.  I need to make my whole life easier, not harder.

It's time to renew a magazine that I've had since the 80s and I'm hesitating.  I'm thinking of letting it go.

I'm in the mood to prune.  Everything except the plants outside.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

We had a very mild winter and spring came early.  Right now it feels like early summer, so it's unseasonably warm.  Like 80.  It seems it all happened overnight: Everything's green, blossoms are on the trees, my lilac's getting ready to open, and it's time to get out and water everything.  Good thing I took the week off.  I'm going to be spending it in the yard.  Everything's thirsty.  So many weeds, so little time.

I feel like I need to make a change so I made a hair appointment for tomorrow.  The mop is coming off.  I just have a feeling that it's going to be a warm summer and I need easy hair.  I need to make my whole life easier, not harder.

It's time to renew a magazine that I've had since the 80s and I'm hesitating.  I'm thinking of letting it go.

I'm in the mood to prune.  Everything except the plants outside.

How nice, although, I am not sure I am ready for 80 degree weather just yet. But, yea, this weather brings about the weeds and the watering and the upkeep, Smiley Happy.  Our winter hasn't been too bad storm wise. We had one big snow storm earlier in the year and just last week we just had another one. Not quite as big but it brought ice along with it which made it bad.  But it is crazy. One day the weather is nice despite the snow and the next there is ice on the windshield. At least stay consistent.

Anyhoo, I am itching to go for a bike ride. But, then again, it will get nice out and the bike will never leave it's spot. Good thing I pay to maintain that thing every year.  I dont like my bike really but I am trying not to invest in another one until I know I will use it. This one so far ended up being an expensive dust collector.

Yea, time to prune (funny,btw), me too. I am ready for a change and I almost got rid of the top portion of my tv stand and then decided not to for now and see if I can sell it.  But not sure I want to go through the process of that. I figured if I can sell it then it will get a heavy piece of furniture out of the house and then I can get a lighter one. This is a big heavy piece. I will have to think on that one.

I am jealous of your flowers btw. A sign of Spring.  I do hope we get a nice Spring.