Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- Mindful March!

As far as no/low buy, it is going pretty good in March.  No beauty products.   A couple of times I almost faltered and when I give myself room to rationalize, I then come to my senses and I usually hold off. I really want to miminize this year and stick to my goal.  I am not even writing things on my wishlist because I know by the time I really finish things, something else "great" will come along. Isn't there always something great around every corner. I even started using my enzyme peels again.  They are old and I am not even sure they are effective but it is time to use them up.  I have more in waiting.  oy.  I really am looking forward to getting through some of my skincare this year.  So far, only one product has made it through my door. yay.

While I still get tempted and need to engage my willpower, I think I am in fairly good shape as far as product buying, now I can redirect a lot of that willpower towards losing the 20. My next goal and to me the more important one. ....and when did I become such a weakling. Feels like I have no strength.  So, I see a little weight training in my future too.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Well!  That was... interesting.  I got up early and went to my wellness check for work and I now have this year's numbers.

I'm eating better and I'm more active -- and I weigh more than I did at the two previous checks.  I don't put a lot of stock in the scale so I don't weigh myself often.  I know when I'm gaining and losing.  On paper, I've gained.  But the jeans I'm wearing today can be pulled down over my hips without unzipping/unbuttoning. 

The biggest surprise/change was my number for triglycerides.  The number is almost half what it was last year: 57.  All I can figure is that it's the fish oil.  I was taking it, but I wasn't taking the recommended dose, so I doubled it to match the recommendation.  Triglycerides plummeted.

Overall cholesterol ticked down slightly, but HDL was up (good!) and LDL was a little lower.  Lost two inches on my waist.

Glucose was never an issue until last year when it jumped from 88 to 123.  Today it was 110.  Something I need to keep an eye on because of genetics.  The person charting my numbers said I can talk to my doctor about this at my annual checkup.  Uh, this is, for all intents and purposes, my checkup.  Like I said, I don't go to a doctor.  I normally keep track of my "wellness" through my local blood services when I donate (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, iron levels, total cholesterol).

I attribute the numbers -- which are better than the ones in 2016 and not quite as good as the ones in 2015 -- to this:

My job is killing me!  The rate is just slowing down a bit. Woman LOL

Those stinking jobs. Woman LOL  At least your numbers are going in the right direction.  2 inches off of your waist, I am dripping in envy right now.  I would love to lose 2 inches off my middle.  My HEP is not going so good but at least the last 2 days I have been reasonable.  This is still a work in progress for me.  However, one I need to get in order because I have been saying it far too long and nothing changes. I have become a stress eater.  I went shopping yesterday because it is difficult getting dressed for work and I came home with nothing.  I just couldnt bring myself to buy a larger size. My intention was to buy a couple of things to hold me over.  I am going to start wearing my dresses more because they are more forgiving, but I really dont like the fact of the tummy sticking out. LOL. 

I need to get my keaster moving. I know I dont do enough of that.  

I actually feel better today because I'm not stressed out about the looming wellness check.  It's the stress that will jack up your numbers.  Now that I see they're better than I thought they would be I feel relieved and motivated.

The change in my waist is probably related to moderate changes in diet.  The only real exercise I get is walking.  The major changes in the last few months were the moratorium on white cheddar cheese popcorn, the reduction of sugar, and the "right" dose of fish oil.  I haven't given up carbs but I've made a few minor adjustments.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Curses!  Just ran into Sprouts to pick up my Ezekiel bread and the shelf was bare.  Why?  Because it was on sale. 

Timing is everything.

Ended up with a second loaf of the 7 Sprouted Grains instead.  Not on sale.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Well!  That was... interesting.  I got up early and went to my wellness check for work and I now have this year's numbers.

I'm eating better and I'm more active -- and I weigh more than I did at the two previous checks.  I don't put a lot of stock in the scale so I don't weigh myself often.  I know when I'm gaining and losing.  On paper, I've gained.  But the jeans I'm wearing today can be pulled down over my hips without unzipping/unbuttoning. 

The biggest surprise/change was my number for triglycerides.  The number is almost half what it was last year: 57.  All I can figure is that it's the fish oil.  I was taking it, but I wasn't taking the recommended dose, so I doubled it to match the recommendation.  Triglycerides plummeted.

Overall cholesterol ticked down slightly, but HDL was up (good!) and LDL was a little lower.  Lost two inches on my waist.

Glucose was never an issue until last year when it jumped from 88 to 123.  Today it was 110.  Something I need to keep an eye on because of genetics.  The person charting my numbers said I can talk to my doctor about this at my annual checkup.  Uh, this is, for all intents and purposes, my checkup.  Like I said, I don't go to a doctor.  I normally keep track of my "wellness" through my local blood services when I donate (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, iron levels, total cholesterol).

I attribute the numbers -- which are better than the ones in 2016 and not quite as good as the ones in 2015 -- to this:

My job is killing me!  The rate is just slowing down a bit. Woman LOL

Those stinking jobs. Woman LOL  At least your numbers are going in the right direction.  2 inches off of your waist, I am dripping in envy right now.  I would love to lose 2 inches off my middle.  My HEP is not going so good but at least the last 2 days I have been reasonable.  This is still a work in progress for me.  However, one I need to get in order because I have been saying it far too long and nothing changes. I have become a stress eater.  I went shopping yesterday because it is difficult getting dressed for work and I came home with nothing.  I just couldnt bring myself to buy a larger size. My intention was to buy a couple of things to hold me over.  I am going to start wearing my dresses more because they are more forgiving, but I really dont like the fact of the tummy sticking out. LOL. 

I need to get my keaster moving. I know I dont do enough of that.  

I actually feel better today because I'm not stressed out about the looming wellness check.  It's the stress that will jack up your numbers.  Now that I see they're better than I thought they would be I feel relieved and motivated.

The change in my waist is probably related to moderate changes in diet.  The only real exercise I get is walking.  The major changes in the last few months were the moratorium on white cheddar cheese popcorn, the reduction of sugar, and the "right" dose of fish oil.  I haven't given up carbs but I've made a few minor adjustments.

It's muscles, bee.  You know they weigh more than fat.  Slather on some baby oil and flex, baby, flex. 💪🏻🏋🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

It's muscles, bee.  You know they weigh more than fat.  Slather on some baby oil and flex, baby, flex. 💪🏻🏋🏻‍♀️

@geezerette

You're killin' me.  I think the only toned muscles in my body are in my legs.  (Thanks to my personal trainer, Superdog.)

Speaking of dogs...

What's been happening?

Trusted Contributor

Hi All!

I am still here and try to catch up with you all while I can. Home because of the Nor'easter today its blizzard conditions in my area. Hoping I don't lose power. I have been taking a college course while still working full time, so I dont get to post as often. Its going well, spring break from the college course this week, and a day off work today so I am doing things for me! Woohoo! So nice to cuddle on the couch and read with my furbabies! 

@just bee, I read you have 5 Philosophy shower gels left now! Simply amazing. I am so proud of you! 

@Oshare-girl, I give you so much credit for culling your brush collection! i also wanted to thank you so much, you inspired me to start using my Ambient lighting Palette everyday, I am almost finished with one of the three powders in it! WOOHOO! 

@aprilskies, I am so proud of you on your no buy! I know how hard it is and wanted to congratuate you for doing so well! 

You all inspire me! Even though I am not posting as much, please know I am reading when I can and cheering you on! I will post again when I can. 

Doing ok on my compact. Not experimenting and getting rid of things in the makeup collection, like I wanted too, because of time spent on schoolwork. For now I have been sticking to the tried and true things that go on quick and I know work. Except for using a different eyeshadow palette a week. but problem is I have liked all the ones I have tried so far and havent given any away! Good thing is that using the tried and true blush, foundation, eyeliner and mascara I am certainly using them up. Shower gel and lotion stash are decreasing. 

Well time to log off and go cuddle on the couch with the furbabies and read a book I want to read! My idea of paradise! 

Take care all!

Kathie

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette

You're killin' me.  I think the only toned muscles in my body are in my legs.  (Thanks to my personal trainer, Superdog.)

Speaking of dogs...

What's been happening?

@just bee

Oh, same as usual: one minute I'd like to strangle both of the little darlings and the next minute I'm changing my pants because they've made me laugh so much.  The little dog just got home from the groomer a while ago and apparently was a little angel.  The groomer confirmed my suspicions that he had been through that ordeal before.  At least now he won't get so sticky from Rottweiler spit.

They both are having a ball finding and eating bovine patties in our pastures.  The fence between our property and the cattle farm next door is in dire straits and a hummingbird could knock it down, so several head of cows have been visiting our place for a few weeks now.  Both the dogs think that's great and love the wonderful delicacies they leave behind.  Kisses, Mommy?  Yum.😝

How is your Superdog doing?  Is his leg still bothering him?

Honored Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

Hi All!

I am still here and try to catch up with you all while I can. Home because of the Nor'easter today its blizzard conditions in my area. Hoping I don't lose power. I have been taking a college course while still working full time, so I dont get to post as often. Its going well, spring break from the college course this week, and a day off work today so I am doing things for me! Woohoo! So nice to cuddle on the couch and read with my furbabies! 

@just bee, I read you have 5 Philosophy shower gels left now! Simply amazing. I am so proud of you! 

@Oshare-girl, I give you so much credit for culling your brush collection! i also wanted to thank you so much, you inspired me to start using my Ambient lighting Palette everyday, I am almost finished with one of the three powders in it! WOOHOO! 

@aprilskies, I am so proud of you on your no buy! I know how hard it is and wanted to congratuate you for doing so well! 

You all inspire me! Even though I am not posting as much, please know I am reading when I can and cheering you on! I will post again when I can. 

Doing ok on my compact. Not experimenting and getting rid of things in the makeup collection, like I wanted too, because of time spent on schoolwork. For now I have been sticking to the tried and true things that go on quick and I know work. Except for using a different eyeshadow palette a week. but problem is I have liked all the ones I have tried so far and havent given any away! Good thing is that using the tried and true blush, foundation, eyeliner and mascara I am certainly using them up. Shower gel and lotion stash are decreasing. 

Well time to log off and go cuddle on the couch with the furbabies and read a book I want to read! My idea of paradise! 

Take care all!

Kathie

@kathie66

Oh, I hope you're enjoying your class!  Take advantage of the time off and keep snuggling!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette

Speaking of dogs...

What's been happening?

@just bee

Oh, same as usual: one minute I'd like to strangle both of the little darlings and the next minute I'm changing my pants because they've made me laugh so much.  The little dog just got home from the groomer a while ago and apparently was a little angel.  The groomer confirmed my suspicions that he had been through that ordeal before.  At least now he won't get so sticky from Rottweiler spit.

They both are having a ball finding and eating bovine patties in our pastures.  The fence between our property and the cattle farm next door is in dire straits and a hummingbird could knock it down, so several head of cows have been visiting our place for a few weeks now.  Both the dogs think that's great and love the wonderful delicacies they leave behind.  Kisses, Mommy?  Yum.😝

How is your Superdog doing?  Is his leg still bothering him?

@geezerette

The leg is a recurring theme.  He seems to limp only after a strenuous digging episode.  That's when he detects a rodent underground and must dig until the front half of his body is completely covered with sand.

Happily, his palate is a bit more refined than our previous dogs who enjoyed whatever it was that fell from the back end of horses.  And oh how they loved to Hoover up the rabbit droppings.  Look, Mom!  Free kibble!

As for Superdog, sand on his face is a warning sign.  Occasionally he will go into the yard and rearrange whatever he has buried.  That means digging up something putrid, relocating it and burying it all over again.  It's like musical cemetery plots.

Good to hear you're enjoying the dynamic duo.  At least they have something to keep them occupied!

Honored Contributor

Happy March 17!