Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Madcap May!

justbee- not to be an enabler, but I've used the MIssha BB cream before too and I really liked it. I just stopped using it because I was looking for products that I don't have to order online, but I actually think I'm going to go back to it when I use up some more of the foundations that I have here. If you want to just try it, they have small 20ml tubes on ebay you can try for around $6, I think that's what I'm going to do before I invest in a large tube again. I know a lot of people say it looks gray, but it was one of the few products that I've bought that doesn't make me look too yellow. I think I'm like you, everything is too yellow or orange on me. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom

Well, I'm pretty stubborn.  I've made up my mind that I want to stick with either a CC or BB cream and I want a cruelty-free product.  Missha might be an option.  The price isn't offensive.

I still have time.  I'm savoring every last drop of my Lumene. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@rnmom

And another thing...

How come some people can figure out whether their skin tone is cool/neutral/warm so easily?

I still can't figure out what "season" I am!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@rnmom

And another thing!

I hear ya about wanting to find a local product and ditching the online habit.  It's just not as easy as it sounds, is it?

That's why I tried Lumene -- I could buy it at Walgreens or CVS.  But then the stores stopped carrying it and I was forced to shop online.

I even thought about going with a Merle Norman product because they're in "the neighborhood."

Like, why can't I buy tea at the local supermarket like everyone else?

I think it's time to walk the dog.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if I just invented a word.

I've been having hair woes and I posted on another thread:

I'm 57 and I can count on one hand how many "decent" cuts I've had.  Sometimes I wish I had taken photos of some of my haircuts over the years because I think I could have put a coffee table book together.

The unfortunate eyeglass frames were probably my fault, but I cannot be blamed for some of the hairtrocities.

I thought I'd finally found someone who could cut my hair but it looks like I have another hairtrocity on my hands.  Or head.

So frustrating.  All this and jury duty, too. Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

Hey!  I just thought of another adjective for May: MacGyver.  I've been reading BB cream reviews (and product reviews in general) and I've noticed a trend.

People buy a product and then they have to MacGyver it to make it work for them.  Why is it our responsibility to make a product work?  Why can't we buy something that works right out of the package without any effort on our part?

Is it me or have you noticed the same thing?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

Hey!  I just thought of another adjective for May: MacGyver.  I've been reading BB cream reviews (and product reviews in general) and I've noticed a trend.

People buy a product and then they have to MacGyver it to make it work for them.  Why is it our responsibility to make a product work?  Why can't we buy something that works right out of the package without any effort on our part?

Yes, isn't it crazy. Is it too much to ask that these products perform as they should. I don't remember having these challenges back in the day, but then again I was never knee deep in products. My love affair with products came later in life. 

I, too, just want to be able to walk in a store and pick up what I need. I don't want to order but it seems I always do. 

It is rainy and wet outside and I am sitting and ordering up a storm, I think I am going to step away from the computer.  

Hairtrocities -lol. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Yes, isn't it crazy. Is it too much to ask that these products perform as they should. I don't remember having these challenges back in the day, but then again I was never knee deep in products. My love affair with products came later in life. 

I, too, just want to be able to walk in a store and pick up what I need. I don't want to order but it seems I always do. 

It is rainy and wet outside and I am sitting and ordering up a storm, I think I am going to step away from the computer.  

Hairtrocities -lol. 

@aprilskies

I'm on the fence again about this stupid BB cream.  I decided to keep it and use it on my days off but it just continues to annoy me that I have to figure out how to make it work.

When I took the dog out this morning gnats were sticking to my face.  Not a good look.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Hairtrocities -lol. 

@aprilskies

I'm on the fence again about this stupid BB cream.  I decided to keep it and use it on my days off but it just continues to annoy me that I have to figure out how to make it work.

When I took the dog out this morning gnats were sticking to my face.  Not a good look.

Too funny.  Disappointing, right?  Do you have a tinted powder you can use over it?  Maybe that would help the color a bit and keep the gnats from getting trapped on your cheeks. 

Respected Contributor

The new Skinn neck serum and exfoliator perked my interest.  I don't even believe in a separate product for the neck.  How is that for crazy.  Where might I find that psych ward?

I do use use and like his neck cream but not because I think it does anything special, it just feels nice when my neck is feeling dry. It's a rich cream.   But I am not even reaching for it because it's just another step in the process.  

I am such a lemming. Woman Frustrated