Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Madcap May!

@geezerette wrote:

I can't say I'm looking forward to June, simply because it means the beginning of yet another hot and steamy summer, but I'm sort of glad to be done with May.  Only because I didn't do well at all this month.

HEP was a nightmare.  Like @aprilskies, I do fine for a few days, then fool myself into thinking I can control my addiction and, wham!  I'm right back on that wheel.  Then it takes at least another week of talking to myself and weaning off.  I guess I'm just going to have to go completely cold turkey once and for all.  Forget the seven pounds I'd like to lose, I just need to get my health in order.  For myself, going forward 'cause my days of recovery from this insanity are long gone.  I'm just destroying my future health.  What future health I may have at this point in my life.  (Maybe if I keep reminding myself how much I hate doctors I can stay on the straight and narrow!)

Buying was fine and under control, until the last week.  No boring gory details, but my skin has been going wacky (probably from bad eating habits!) and I ended up on the hunt for skin care stuff.  Spent over $50 in the drug store trying to stay cheap!  None of that worked at all.  Anyway, from sheer desperation I tried some of my WEN products on my skin, and voila!  They work great!  And I already had them.  But I did succumb to the Bare Minerals recent TSV, and at first thought it was fine, but then I looked closer and saw that after a few hours I was beginning to look like Bette Davis in "Baby Jane". 🤡  That kit is now packed back up to be returned.  And I have resolved to stay away from anything remotely resembling foundation for ever after.  Even if I have to put moisturizer under my moisturizer.  I'm just going to be one of those old ladies that gets whispered about how it's too bad that she let herself go.👹

"Geriatric June" for me!🤶🏻  (Age discrimination--the only old lady emoji is Mrs. Santa Claus!)

@geezerette

I'm very well-acquainted with the Baby Jane look.  I don't understand why all BB and CC creams can't be like Lumene.  Why do they have to be the wrong shade?  Why do they have to be the wrong consistency?  Why do they have to accentuate every flaw, line and pore?  Why do they make us look like we've been in the kitchen making bread?  I swear it's like someone tossed flour in my face, then went over it with a rolling pin.  Patchy nastiness.

I so enjoy the glowing reviews.  It lasts six hours on me!  Big whoop.  You work a five-hour shift, do you?  Lumene doesn't have a time limit.  I work a twelve and a half hour shift and I don't carry cosmetics with me.  Once it goes on, it has to stay on.  What's this six-hour foolishness?

And it's not an all-in-one product if you have to use other products with it.

I'm thinking about letting my beard grow.

P.S. Give HEP a chance.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Joyful June sounds great!  May was quite a busy month and I'm looking forward to a slower paced June.  I hope to finish up a lot more products this month and enJOY them.

@Oshare-girl

Cute!  Joyful June it is.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette, it is the first of month, let's get serious about HEP.  This rollercoaster is tiring.  I agree with you, it is now more about "health" than just the weight.  But I think, both can be taken care of at the same time.  Let's do it for June. Day 1 - so far, so good.   Btw, I almost bought that BE kit but managed to avoid it. 

@Oshare-girl - I like that you still keep count of the cost of products used. I was doing that in the beginning and also keeping a tab on the cost of the things I wanted to buy, but I am so bad at keeping it up and it dropped off.  But, I like seeing your totals even though mine might be different because it is helpful to see dollars attached to these things. It is eye opening.

@just bee - I have been called several times to serve but never had to and I am thankful. I always thought I would like to see the process but.....no.  

And btw, I finally had to break down and buy body lotion. I was trying to hold off and finish products I had but it wasnt really working so I went to Costco and score. They had their own plant based cruelty free version for 10 bucks for 2 22oz bottles.  I can live with that.  Anyhoo, I digress, what I am trying to get out is that is felt so good to buy something I needed when I actually needed.  Who knew.  However, now that @geezerette mentioned using a WEN product she had on hand, I wonder if my WEN tea tree cleansing conditioner would of done the trick for itchy legs because I am not using it on my head. hmmmmm....   I am going to look it up. One way to use these things up.