Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Judicious July!

@aprilskies wrote:

@Oshare-girl,  I know,  I probably should just pull the bandaid on the BE shadows, I wouldnt miss them one bit really.  I will see, if I dont use any of them coming up, they will go the way of the trash. Unfortunately, I dont know anyone that would want them but even if I did, they are pretty old and I wouldnt feel right. I know they say they dont expire but.....

I am impressed though, you were able to part with your urban decay naked palettes.  Thats a big one. I have a problem parting with palettes but I think it is just because mine are just barely used, otherwise, I am not attached to them. The only thing I will say, I love the packaging on some of them. I wish cosmetic companies would think through the process and make them usable for other things.  For ex, pencil cases, paper clips, hair ties or something. It is a shame to throw some of the pretty packaging out.  I have two chocolate bar palettes that if I EVER finish in this lifetime, I am going to try and take the pan out. It seems to be all in one piece.

And yes, isnt it funny how we have to plan out our makeup. You are doing good though with pan the palette.  At least you are finishing up some shades.  That has to be gratifying. I am going to try and start again but being summer, I am not sure how well that will go.  I am sweating by the time I am out the door and even if I am not, it only takes 5 mins in that humidity.   But, I havent touched it in at least two months now and this stuff isnt going to use itself.

@aprilskies In due time you'll be able to part with the BE shadows.  Look how far you've come already.  I agree, when it's time, it should probably go in the trash.  Everything goes bad after a while.  

Oh yes, I've held onto to palettes just for the pretty packaging.  That would be so awesome if the packaging were reuseable.  I actually bought the UD 15th anniversary palette because the bottom had a "secret" compartment and could be used to store trinkets.  I forgot I still have that palette....  I pretty much never use the shadows in there. Those Chocolate Bar compacts are so cute!  I can't count the number of times I have almost pulled the trigger on them because of that reason alone.  

We just got back from a 2 day staycation.  Most of the time was spent at the pool or at the beach so I didn't wear any of the eyeshadow I packed (it was just a trio) or use the highlighter.  It was also so hot that it just wasn't worth putting on all the stuff.  I got ready in a flash with just SPF, concealer, powder and brows done.  I added mascara and lips for dinner, but probably could have gone without.  Who am I kiidding?  Those people at the restaurant don't know me and my family didn't notice either.  I don't know that it made me feel better either.  That used to be my reason for the makeup, it made me feel good.  But what would really make me feel good is to lose 10 lbs.  I know I need to refocus my energy in that direction now.

Honored Contributor

Oshare-girl wrote:  We just got back from a 2 day staycation.  Most of the time was spent at the pool or at the beach so I didn't wear any of the eyeshadow I packed (it was just a trio) or use the highlighter.  It was also so hot that it just wasn't worth putting on all the stuff.  I got ready in a flash with just SPF, concealer, powder and brows done.  I added mascara and lips for dinner, but probably could have gone without.  Who am I kiidding?  Those people at the restaurant don't know me and my family didn't notice either.  I don't know that it made me feel better either.  That used to be my reason for the makeup, it made me feel good.  But what would really make me feel good is to lose 10 lbs.  I know I need to refocus my energy in that direction now.

@Oshare-girl

Isn't it funny how our priorities change?  Sometimes it's shocking!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Oshare-girl wrote:  We just got back from a 2 day staycation.  Most of the time was spent at the pool or at the beach so I didn't wear any of the eyeshadow I packed (it was just a trio) or use the highlighter.  It was also so hot that it just wasn't worth putting on all the stuff.  I got ready in a flash with just SPF, concealer, powder and brows done.  I added mascara and lips for dinner, but probably could have gone without.  Who am I kiidding?  Those people at the restaurant don't know me and my family didn't notice either.  I don't know that it made me feel better either.  That used to be my reason for the makeup, it made me feel good.  But what would really make me feel good is to lose 10 lbs.  I know I need to refocus my energy in that direction now.

@Oshare-girl

Oh they sure do, JB.  And it is a good thing.   

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

We just got back from a 2 day staycation.  Most of the time was spent at the pool or at the beach so I didn't wear any of the eyeshadow I packed (it was just a trio) or use the highlighter.  It was also so hot that it just wasn't worth putting on all the stuff.  I got ready in a flash with just SPF, concealer, powder and brows done.  I added mascara and lips for dinner, but probably could have gone without.  Who am I kiidding?  Those people at the restaurant don't know me and my family didn't notice either.  I don't know that it made me feel better either.  That used to be my reason for the makeup, it made me feel good.  But what would really make me feel good is to lose 10 lbs.  I know I need to refocus my energy in that direction now.

I have a little staycation coming up and I am so looking forward to it.   I am going to try and make it to the beach too or at least some kind of waterway to canoe or something.   I think the beach is winning out. 

Yes, my 20+ lbs are going to be my refocus as well. I go out shopping and come home with nothing. However, it is going to take a lot of willpower.  I do okay for a few days and then just falter so I want to try and manage that.  I cant believe I will not be able to wear my summer clothes again this year. Oh well, summer isnt over yet.

Retirement is another area I am focusing on as well.  Well, as much as I can focus on it anyway. I have decided I do not want to work until I am 67 so it is time to get some perspective on my spending. I wouldnt mind working if it was something I really love doing and/or even part time, but, I really want to enjoy freedom at one point too and not dance to alarm clocks forever.

Honored Contributor

@sundrops

It's good to heart from you again!  I'm another that has been wondering how you're doing out there in the "Land of Enchantment".  Sorry to hear that your husband has not found a job to his liking yet.  We spend so much of our lives working somewhere that if you're not at least reasonably content with where you are, it can impact your life a lot.  Hopefully he will find something soon, and in the meantime, I hope that his new surroundings are making up for the lack of fulfillment.

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your pup.  That's always devastating, no matter what the cause or how long the life.  Our little dog didn't do well either when we moved from her birthplace in the desert southwest back east to the humidity and bugs.  I don't think she ever got used to it either.  For the longest time she pooped on our gravel driveway because she had never seen grass before.  Soon after we came here, her health started heading south.  She lived for several years afterward, but it was a continual struggle to keep her going.  I always felt guilty about taking her away from her happy place and thought that she would have lived longer if we had stayed out west.

Glad to hear you're still around, even if it's only to lurk.  I haven't been here much myself lately; too much going on in 'real life'.  Pop in to say hello once in  while!👋🏻

Super Contributor

just bee, geezerette and Oshare- girl, thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate the condolences on my dog. DH is OK-- he only has 8 more years until retirement. I keep telling him to just DO IT!!!   LOL.  I don't like to work either, but I try to make the most of it. That's all we can do. Take care everyone. It'll take a few years before I get through all of my lipsticks. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl

Oh they sure do, JB.  And it is a good thing.   

@aprilskies

It is! Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I have a little staycation coming up and I am so looking forward to it.   I am going to try and make it to the beach too or at least some kind of waterway to canoe or something.   I think the beach is winning out. 

Yes, my 20+ lbs are going to be my refocus as well. I go out shopping and come home with nothing. However, it is going to take a lot of willpower.  I do okay for a few days and then just falter so I want to try and manage that.  I cant believe I will not be able to wear my summer clothes again this year. Oh well, summer isnt over yet.

Retirement is another area I am focusing on as well.  Well, as much as I can focus on it anyway. I have decided I do not want to work until I am 67 so it is time to get some perspective on my spending. I wouldnt mind working if it was something I really love doing and/or even part time, but, I really want to enjoy freedom at one point too and not dance to alarm clocks forever.

@aprilskies

Don't feel bad -- it's almost August and I haven't worn sandals.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I wore sandals.  It's been years.  I remember buying capris, too.  Unworn.  Summer frocks?  Still hanging in the closets with hats to match.  Unworn, of course. 

The phantom life I shopped for a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@sundrops

It's good to heart from you again!  I'm another that has been wondering how you're doing out there in the "Land of Enchantment".  Sorry to hear that your husband has not found a job to his liking yet.  We spend so much of our lives working somewhere that if you're not at least reasonably content with where you are, it can impact your life a lot.  Hopefully he will find something soon, and in the meantime, I hope that his new surroundings are making up for the lack of fulfillment.

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your pup.  That's always devastating, no matter what the cause or how long the life.  Our little dog didn't do well either when we moved from her birthplace in the desert southwest back east to the humidity and bugs.  I don't think she ever got used to it either.  For the longest time she pooped on our gravel driveway because she had never seen grass before.  Soon after we came here, her health started heading south.  She lived for several years afterward, but it was a continual struggle to keep her going.  I always felt guilty about taking her away from her happy place and thought that she would have lived longer if we had stayed out west.

Glad to hear you're still around, even if it's only to lurk.  I haven't been here much myself lately; too much going on in 'real life'.  Pop in to say hello once in  while!👋🏻

@geezerette

Uh, that would be "The Land of Entrapment." Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@sundrops wrote:

just bee, geezerette and Oshare- girl, thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate the condolences on my dog. DH is OK-- he only has 8 more years until retirement. I keep telling him to just DO IT!!!   LOL.  I don't like to work either, but I try to make the most of it. That's all we can do. Take care everyone. It'll take a few years before I get through all of my lipsticks. 

@sundrops

Gee, just the thought of having a target date for retirement is exciting.  Not many people can say that.

Think how quickly two years have flown by!