Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,558
Registered: ‎08-16-2016

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

Hey, I had no idea we could go to CostCo out of hours!! 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!


@KaySD wrote:

Hey, I had no idea we could go to CostCo out of hours!! 


Well, now I'm not so sure we can!  Our store opens at 10:00 and I don't think I was hallucinating when we were told we could shop earlier with the Executive membership.  We never have.  I can't find anything on their website that describes that benefit.  Did it exist at one time, then go away?  Did I dream this?

 

Now I'm curious.  I'm going to have to ask someone there.  If they look at me like I have two heads and a conjoined twin, then I'll assume I was hallucinating.  Which begs the question: Why am I paying for this membership?

 

Well, this year's membership is paid for because the reward certificates I excavated covered the cost.  Hmm.  Sounds like Better-half and I will have to make an executive decision.

 

 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,079
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

Hey, I had no idea we could go to CostCo out of hours!! 


Well, now I'm not so sure we can!  Our store opens at 10:00 and I don't think I was hallucinating when we were told we could shop earlier with the Executive membership.  We never have.  I can't find anything on their website that describes that benefit.  Did it exist at one time, then go away?  Did I dream this?

 

Now I'm curious.  I'm going to have to ask someone there.  If they look at me like I have two heads and a conjoined twin, then I'll assume I was hallucinating.  Which begs the question: Why am I paying for this membership?

 

Well, this year's membership is paid for because the reward certificates I excavated covered the cost.  Hmm.  Sounds like Better-half and I will have to make an executive decision.

 

 


No, you are not hallucinating.  You could shop before regular hours at Costco--at one time, I don't know about now.  The last time I was at a Costco was over ten years ago, though. But shopping before regular opening was one of the perks they advertised for the higher end memberships.  We always just had the regular membership so I couldn't do that.  I have to admit I was always a little envious of those people leaving the store while I was waiting outside in already 90-degree+ weather.

 

ETA:  Is this a new feature, that when you reply to a post your reply now shows up directly under that post instead of at the end of the thread?  I just noticed this yesterday and thought maybe it was a glitch or something was wacky with my end.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!


@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

Hey, I had no idea we could go to CostCo out of hours!! 


Well, now I'm not so sure we can!  Our store opens at 10:00 and I don't think I was hallucinating when we were told we could shop earlier with the Executive membership.  We never have.  I can't find anything on their website that describes that benefit.  Did it exist at one time, then go away?  Did I dream this?

 

Now I'm curious.  I'm going to have to ask someone there.  If they look at me like I have two heads and a conjoined twin, then I'll assume I was hallucinating.  Which begs the question: Why am I paying for this membership?

 

Well, this year's membership is paid for because the reward certificates I excavated covered the cost.  Hmm.  Sounds like Better-half and I will have to make an executive decision.

 

 


No, you are not hallucinating.  You could shop before regular hours at Costco--at one time, I don't know about now.  The last time I was at a Costco was over ten years ago, though. But shopping before regular opening was one of the perks they advertised for the higher end memberships.  We always just had the regular membership so I couldn't do that.  I have to admit I was always a little envious of those people leaving the store while I was waiting outside in already 90-degree+ weather.

 

ETA:  Is this a new feature, that when you reply to a post your reply now shows up directly under that post instead of at the end of the thread?  I just noticed this yesterday and thought maybe it was a glitch or something was wacky with my end.


WHEW!!!  But I still better check and find out if that benefit exists before I head down there at 7 AM and get arrested for breaking and entering.

 

Oooh.  That new feature sounds like a good and long-overdue idea.  Although I'm not sure how that'll work on older posts.  Must investigate.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,079
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

Hey, I had no idea we could go to CostCo out of hours!! 


Well, now I'm not so sure we can!  Our store opens at 10:00 and I don't think I was hallucinating when we were told we could shop earlier with the Executive membership.  We never have.  I can't find anything on their website that describes that benefit.  Did it exist at one time, then go away?  Did I dream this?

 

Now I'm curious.  I'm going to have to ask someone there.  If they look at me like I have two heads and a conjoined twin, then I'll assume I was hallucinating.  Which begs the question: Why am I paying for this membership?

 

Well, this year's membership is paid for because the reward certificates I excavated covered the cost.  Hmm.  Sounds like Better-half and I will have to make an executive decision.

 

 


No, you are not hallucinating.  You could shop before regular hours at Costco--at one time, I don't know about now.  The last time I was at a Costco was over ten years ago, though. But shopping before regular opening was one of the perks they advertised for the higher end memberships.  We always just had the regular membership so I couldn't do that.  I have to admit I was always a little envious of those people leaving the store while I was waiting outside in already 90-degree+ weather.

 

ETA:  Is this a new feature, that when you reply to a post your reply now shows up directly under that post instead of at the end of the thread?  I just noticed this yesterday and thought maybe it was a glitch or something was wacky with my end.


WHEW!!!  But I still better check and find out if that benefit exists before I head down there at 7 AM and get arrested for breaking and entering.

 

Oooh.  That new feature sounds like a good and long-overdue idea.  Although I'm not sure how that'll work on older posts.  Must investigate.


Very interesting, or weird.  When I first read this exchange between us I was not signed in, and this was the very last post at the end of the thread.  When I signed it, they moved to directly underneath each post, like I mentioned above.  I don't know if that's happening to everybody, but it's new to me.  It was always a "first come, first post" thing before--maybe I clicked on something without realizing it.  I'd better check it out.

 

ETA:  Yup.  That's exactly what happened.  Duh.  I must have clicked on "sort by topic" accidently.  Well, now I know how that feature works!☺️

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,558
Registered: ‎08-16-2016

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

Ah, CostCo....the place for "enforced overbuying!"

 

What's a nice Compacter doing in a place like that anyway?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

[ Edited ]

@KaySD wrote:

Ah, CostCo....the place for "enforced overbuying!"

 

What's a nice Compacter doing in a place like that anyway?


There are still a few things I like to buy in bulk.  I pick up the basics there: Laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, Brita filters, toothpaste, deodorant, vitamins, fish oil, sardines, tuna, broth, pasta, artichoke hearts, canned tomato paste and tomatoes, spices, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cheese, big packs of peppers, green beans, mushrooms, asparagus...

 

Lots of stuff.  I avoid whole sections of the store and I've noticed they're selling more processed foods.  If we don't start taking advantage of the executive benefits, I think we'll just go back to basic membership.

 

ETA: Oh -- I forgot to list my number one important thing!  I buy the pack of two 48-ounce jars of Skippy creamy peanut butter.  Oh -- and dishwashing liquid.  And gloves for food preparation.  Don't ask.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

Oh -- and Ziploc bags, aluminum foil, and Huggies Natural Care Plus baby wipes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,220
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

 

 

ETA: Oh -- I forgot to list my number one important thing!  I buy the pack of two 48-ounce jars of Skippy creamy peanut butter.  Oh -- and dishwashing liquid.  And gloves for food preparation.  Don't ask.


 

I am not sure if all areas are the same, but right now, skippy is on sale for 7.49 for those two big jars.  I had to pass since I still have a jar and a half of another peanut butter of theirs - I think it is the Kirkland natural brand or something like that.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,558
Registered: ‎08-16-2016

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

For me at CostCo: pork chops, organic chicken breasts, ground bison, mashed potatoes, haricots verts, brie, Menage à Trois cabernet, mixed roasted nuts, chopped kale salad (which I stir fry) and tuna.