Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I can probably go the whole year. We will see.  

I wonder...

I know I have enough of everything except toothpaste, deodorant, mascara and maybe hair conditioner.

I so tempted to see how far I can go before I buy somethingFull disclosure: I did go ahead and order more pure grace spritz during the recent sale.  That has become a staple for work.

Me too.  I want to see how far I can make it without buying anything more.  It will be interesting.  The only things I would need I think are face cleanser, face moisturizer (maybe) and deodorant.  The rest I am well stocked up.  Even deodorant, I only use it for work, otherwise, at home, I dont even put it on so it lasts a while.  I had this last bottle for a while so I am sure it is almost done.  I havent stocked up on deodorant for a couple of years now.  It will be hard this year not to buy anything new but it will be the only way I can try and get through what I have.

This month, I have been keeping a list of items I would be tempted to buy and will keep this list by month for as long as I can keep up with the tracking. I am curious what it would add up too.  Although, I guess I already know. Smiley Happy 

I would of bought the Pure Grace too.  It is a staple for you and on sale.  That is a smart purchase.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I would of bought the Pure Grace too.  It is a staple for you and on sale.  That is a smart purchase.

It was 30% off -- I had no choice.

You reminded me that I might have to buy more facial cleanser in about six months.  I'm on my last bottle of Paula's Choice.

I think it's safe to say that I can go from now to June without buying anything other than deodorant and toothpaste.

LET'S DO IT!!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I think it's safe to say that I can go from now to June without buying anything other than deodorant and toothpaste.

LET'S DO IT!!!

Alright!!!  I am in.  ....and ready to stop this craziness. 

Respected Contributor

HEP is not going so well so I am recommitting to this now too.  I have bagged up most of my junk and will be delivered to family members who will enjoy it.  I haven't lost an ounce in January. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

LET'S DO IT!!!

YOWZA!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

LET'S DO IT!!!

YOWZA!

LOL.  Yep, I scared myself. Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

Okay, my ComPact friends, I'm now thinking of compacting something quite big: my job. 

I am sort of retired, but I do free-lance work I love and I have a seasonal job I don't love. I guess I thought I could do both, but both are going full tilt, and it's too much for me.

So I've decided to donate the job back to the company I got it from.

I wonder if that makes me a lazy bum, a quitter, or a wise and balanced person? No matter--I thought I'd feel relieved, but what I actually feel is happy. I'm pretty sure feeling happy means it's a good decision. And a killer "compact!"

Respected Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

Okay, my ComPact friends, I'm now thinking of compacting something quite big: my job. 

I am sort of retired, but I do free-lance work I love and I have a seasonal job I don't love. I guess I thought I could do both, but both are going full tilt, and it's too much for me.

So I've decided to donate the job back to the company I got it from.

I wonder if that makes me a lazy bum, a quitter, or a wise and balanced person? No matter--I thought I'd feel relieved, but what I actually feel is happy. I'm pretty sure feeling happy means it's a good decision. And a killer "compact!"

This is killer "compact" for sure.  Good for you.  Has to feel like a load off. 

Trusted Contributor

You are right, @aprilskies. Like Bilbo Baggins, I was beginning to feel like butter scraped across too much toast. It is good to let something go while I still feel good about it (just not about continuing to do it). If that makes sense. I can feel my spirits and creativity level rising already. 

And hey, isn't that what the ComPact is really all about? More room for feeling good? 

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

LET'S DO IT!!!

YOWZA!

LOL.  Yep, I scared myself. Smiley LOL

I'm in too.  I started keeping a list of stuff I used up last year.  This year I'm still doing the list and added in the price of the product.  I want to see how much everything is costing me.  And how much I am actually using up because they are essential vs. excess.  I think I can make it to June without purchasing anything.  I may need body wash in a few months...I have nothing in the stash (sorry, JustBee).  Ooh, I like a challenge!