Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

And it looks like their BB cream, too, is exiting stage left.

@#$%^&*!!!

Did you hear that?  The popping sound?  That was my head exploding.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Yes.  As a matter of fact that toothpaste did go on sale right after I bought it. Woman Frustrated

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I know just what you mean, @just bee, about buying for a life we don't really lead. I think Marie Kondo was the one who said that we already got the value from these items from buying them. Somehow, the buying closes the open end of those out-of-date desires, so we can let them go. That makes me feel a bit better about donating things that have barely been used.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it's a thrill ride that never ends...

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

I know just what you mean, @just bee, about buying for a life we don't really lead. I think Marie Kondo was the one who said that we already got the value from these items from buying them. Somehow, the buying closes the open end of those out-of-date desires, so we can let them go. That makes me feel a bit better about donating things that have barely been used.

So what is it with acquisition?  Is shopping the female version of male conquest?  We anticipate the acquisition of an item.  We see it, we want it, we can't stop thinking about it.  Then once we have it we lose interest and start looking for something else.

Honored Contributor

Clearly my coping skills have improved over the years: I'm already at Stage 5.  I've accepted reality: Lumene is revamping their line and their CC cream is going away.  It looks like the company has reformulated the CC cream with Arctic water or some such substance, but it might not ever show up in the US.

I'll cope.  I still have a tube and a half and plenty of the colorless BB serum.  But as I said on another thread, I've already made the trip to Walgreens to begin my research (and I had to pick up a couple tubes of toothpaste now that it's on sale).  Right now it's a toss up: L'Oreal True Match or No7. 

When I was staring at the wall of L'Oreal foundation an older woman approached me and said she uses True Match and it works for her.  I've played with the L'Oreal matching tool on their site and feel like I have a possible match.

However...

The Walgreens sales associate suggested No7 and that might just be an option.  Walgreens has acquired the British company Boots and they have this device in the store that supposedly matches your skin tone to their foundation.  But No7 also offers tinted moisturizer and CC cream. 

By the time I finish up all the Lumene I have left, I'm sure these lines will undergo changes and the No7 CC cream I have my eye on will be discontinued.

But there will be something else out there...

Respected Contributor

Just bee, not sure if you researched the L'Oréal infallible pro glow foundation but this seems to be a favorite from what I keep seeing.  I haven't tried it so cannot vouch for it but if I used L'Oréal I would try this one.   It is tough when tried and true items are changed. 

If you find another great bb or cc cream keep us posted.  I don't use liquids but will be looking for one of these in the near future.  I am not always liking the powders these days. 

So far in 2017, no unnecessary beauty purchases.  Although it is getting tough and January isn't even over. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Just bee, not sure if you researched the L'Oréal infallible pro glow foundation but this seems to be a favorite from what I keep seeing.  I haven't tried it so cannot vouch for it but if I used L'Oréal I would try this one.   It is tough when tried and true items are changed. 

If you find another great bb or cc cream keep us posted.  I don't use liquids but will be looking for one of these in the near future.  I am not always liking the powders these days. 

So far in 2017, no unnecessary beauty purchases.  Although it is getting tough and January isn't even over. Smiley Sad

My head is so full of research and reviews right now that I feel a little dizzy.  Is it wrong not to be willing to pay more than $20 for a foundation?  Again, my lifestyle -- my "real" life and not the imaginary one -- dictates casual, practical choices.  I really don't need or want to go back to a foundation.  I don't want to use multiple products.  I like the idea of a CC cream because it's all-in-one, multi-tasking and a combination of makeup and skincare.  I need things to be cheap and effective.

I have my eye on True Match but according to Beautypedia, it's a better choice for normal to oily skin.  Sure, I could smear moisturizer on first, but that makes me look closer at Boots.  Sounds like many of their products aren't tested on animals.  (This is always a tricky area for me because as much as I love animals, I do eat them.)

I really want to try that shade matching device at Walgreens to see if it confirms the color I think matches me.  And now I want to run out and try a couple items while they're on sale.  But why?  I still have plenty of Lumene left.

Patience.

Wanting to try new things in January is normal.  It's a new year and we want something to give us a boost.  I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and am thinking of going much shorter.  That seems like a boost.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

My head is so full of research and reviews right now that I feel a little dizzy.  Is it wrong not to be willing to pay more than $20 for a foundation?  Again, my lifestyle -- my "real" life and not the imaginary one -- dictates casual, practical choices.  I really don't need or want to go back to a foundation.  I don't want to use multiple products.  I like the idea of a CC cream because it's all-in-one, multi-tasking and a combination of makeup and skincare.  I need things to be cheap and effective.

I have my eye on True Match but according to Beautypedia, it's a better choice for normal to oily skin.  Sure, I could smear moisturizer on first, but that makes me look closer at Boots.  Sounds like many of their products aren't tested on animals.  (This is always a tricky area for me because as much as I love animals, I do eat them.)

I really want to try that shade matching device at Walgreens to see if it confirms the color I think matches me.  And now I want to run out and try a couple items while they're on sale.  But why?  I still have plenty of Lumene left.

Patience.

Wanting to try new things in January is normal.  It's a new year and we want something to give us a boost.  I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and am thinking of going much shorter.  That seems like a boost.

Yea, I know, isnt it funny how much time researching these things take.  ...and no, foundations should be less than 20.lol

I dont like using multiple products either.  That is why the Isomers bb cream was such a fail.  It didnt do anything for me.  So, I figured i would use it as a moisturizer instead, yea, well i still have the two bottles. It wasnt the moisture I needed.  I havent really liked any of the bb creams or cc creams I have tried in the past. I think that is why I gave them up for a bit.  But, I would really like to find one that works.

Patience, yes, that is what I keep telling myself about the new line of skincare I want to try. I wont let myself press the submit button for now.  Patience is pretty tough.

But, so far this year, I have moved 13 products out either by using them up, tossing or giving them away. I am hoping to keep this up as the year progresses.  I can probably go the whole year. We will see.  

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Yea, I know, isnt it funny how much time researching these things take.  ...and no, foundations should be less than 20.lol

I dont like using multiple products either.  That is why the Isomers bb cream was such a fail.  It didnt do anything for me.  So, I figured i would use it as a moisturizer instead, yea, well i still have the two bottles. It wasnt the moisture I needed.  I havent really liked any of the bb creams or cc creams I have tried in the past. I think that is why I gave them up for a bit.  But, I would really like to find one that works.

Patience, yes, that is what I keep telling myself about the new line of skincare I want to try. I wont let myself press the submit button for now.  Patience is pretty tough.

But, so far this year, I have moved 13 products out either by using them up, tossing or giving them away. I am hoping to keep this up as the year progresses.  I can probably go the whole year. We will see.  

I wonder...

I know I have enough of everything except toothpaste, deodorant, mascara and maybe hair conditioner.

I so tempted to see how far I can go before I buy something.  Full disclosure: I did go ahead and order more pure grace spritz during the recent sale.  That has become a staple for work.