Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

@KaySD wrote:

You are right, @aprilskies. Like Bilbo Baggins, I was beginning to feel like butter scraped across too much toast. It is good to let something go while I still feel good about it (just not about continuing to do it). If that makes sense. I can feel my spirits and creativity level rising already. 

And hey, isn't that what the ComPact is really all about? More room for feeling good? 

Lol.  I agree, you have to let some things go to open up the creative channels a bit. I am also working on re-evaluating my to do list.  It never goes down and just makes me anxious.  So I am only going to put things on there I really need to get done. I need to simplify it.   

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I think it's safe to say that I can go from now to June without buying anything other than deodorant and toothpaste.

LET'S DO IT!!!

Alright!!!  I am in.  ....and ready to stop this craziness. 

YOWZA!

LOL.  Yep, I scared myself. Smiley LOL

I'm in too.  I started keeping a list of stuff I used up last year.  This year I'm still doing the list and added in the price of the product.  I want to see how much everything is costing me.  And how much I am actually using up because they are essential vs. excess.  I think I can make it to June without purchasing anything.  I may need body wash in a few months...I have nothing in the stash (sorry, JustBee).  Ooh, I like a challenge!

This year I started keeping a list of what I use up with the prices and I started to participate on the use up thread to keep me on track.  If I can keep this list up, it will be interesting to see how many products I can get out the door. I also keep a list of all the beauty products I want to buy.  It is astounding. I will try and keep this list for February too to keep me honest.  It is hard to deny when it is in black and white.  Plus it is interesting to see what I would of bought throughout the month. 

January was tough, so many things perked my interest, but I held out.  Besides deordant and face wash,  I think I can make it to June too.  Let the games begin.  

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

Okay, my ComPact friends, I'm now thinking of compacting something quite big: my job. 

I am sort of retired, but I do free-lance work I love and I have a seasonal job I don't love. I guess I thought I could do both, but both are going full tilt, and it's too much for me.

So I've decided to donate the job back to the company I got it from.

I wonder if that makes me a lazy bum, a quitter, or a wise and balanced person? No matter--I thought I'd feel relieved, but what I actually feel is happy. I'm pretty sure feeling happy means it's a good decision. And a killer "compact!"

Answer: A wise and balanced person.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

You are right, @aprilskies. Like Bilbo Baggins, I was beginning to feel like butter scraped across too much toast. It is good to let something go while I still feel good about it (just not about continuing to do it). If that makes sense. I can feel my spirits and creativity level rising already. 

And hey, isn't that what the ComPact is really all about? More room for feeling good? 

Mic drop!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

So it looks like we have a project!  Since there are signs of spring in Albuquerque as soon as February, I think we should refer to this as The Spring ComPact.

Roughly a four-month commitment.  Who else is in?

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies, Great idea! Lety's declutter our to do lists. Toss out items that no longer fit. Donating items to someone who can use them (Smiley Happy). Clear the stash.

Shoot, I've got tasks on my list that have been there for years--they must be way past their expiration dates!

Honored Contributor

Oh, my.  I just got an email from philosophy and they have a new product.  It's renewed hope in a jar skin tint.

Like a tinted moisturizer in a jar.

I'd consider this as a replacement for Lumene CC cream, but I still have about a year's worth of Lumene left.  And knowing philosophy, this skin tint -- especially if it's a great product -- will be discontinued by then. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday was the Chinese New Year and 2017 is the Year of the Rooster.  Well, c__k-a-doodle-do.

For fun (since fun is another component of the ComPact), what are you?  Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog or Pig?

I was born in the Year of the Pig.  Or Boar.  Either way, it just doesn't sound good.  But pigs are fine, intelligent animals so I am proud to be one.  Better-half, too, is a Pig.  My mother was a Pig.  My sister in California is a Pig.

But there is more than one kind of Pig according to the Chinese zodiac.  There are Wood, Fire, Earth, Gold (Metal) and Water Pigs.  I'm an Earth Pig; Better-half is a Gold Pig; Mom was a Water Pig; my sister's a Fire Pig.

The next Year of the Pig/Boar will be 2019.

ETA:

Interesting!  I looked at the years that were Pig years and each one represented a major change in my life.  In 1971, we moved to California.  In 1983, I had settled into a new city and started working full-time after college.  In 1995, I left California and moved to Albuquerque (job transfer).  In 2007, I changed careers and started working in a hospital.

Do you see a pattern for your years?

Respected Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@aprilskies, Great idea! Lety's declutter our to do lists. Toss out items that no longer fit. Donating items to someone who can use them (Smiley Happy). Clear the stash.

Shoot, I've got tasks on my list that have been there for years--they must be way past their expiration dates!

LOL!!!  Exactly, it is time to just shake them off and the anxiety they bring.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

Yesterday was the Chinese New Year and 2017 is the Year of the Rooster.  Well, c__k-a-doodle-do.

For fun (since fun is another component of the ComPact), what are you?  Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog or Pig?

I was born in the Year of the Pig.  Or Boar.  Either way, it just doesn't sound good.  But pigs are fine, intelligent animals so I am proud to be one.  Better-half, too, is a Pig.  My mother was a Pig.  My sister in California is a Pig.

But there is more than one kind of Pig according to the Chinese zodiac.  There are Wood, Fire, Earth, Gold (Metal) and Water Pigs.  I'm an Earth Pig; Better-half is a Gold Pig; Mom was a Water Pig; my sister's a Fire Pig.

The next Year of the Pig/Boar will be 2019.

ETA:

Interesting!  I looked at the years that were Pig years and each one represented a major change in my life.  In 1971, we moved to California.  In 1983, I had settled into a new city and started working full-time after college.  In 1995, I left California and moved to Albuquerque (job transfer).  In 2007, I changed careers and started working in a hospital.

Do you see a pattern for your years?

I am a wood snake.  Your pattern is interesting. I didn't go through the pattern yet, but then again, I dont think I would remember the years.