Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- JANUARY!

Well, January is coming to a close and I am closing the month with no beauty purchases of any kind.  Yay.  I almost bought soap this week because it was on sale. I put it back as I walked through the store. I have enough bath soap to get me through the next several months so I didn't need it. Soap will be there when I need to replace it and there will always be another sale.   Plus, I think I am going back to shower gels.  And it is funny I didn't want to ruin this challenge.  Lol.  These challenges are good. Smiley Happy

Where did January go?

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Well, January is coming to a close and I am closing the month with no beauty purchases of any kind.  Yay.  I almost bought soap this week because it was on sale. I put it back as I walked through the store. I have enough bath soap to get me through the next several months so I didn't need it. Soap will be there when I need to replace it and there will always be another sale.   Plus, I think I am going back to shower gels.  And it is funny I didn't want to ruin this challenge.  Lol.  These challenges are good. Smiley Happy

Where did January go?

One down, eleven to go.  Interesting how we can't wait to get to the end of our lives.  If I can just get through this meeting, this shift, this day, this week, this month, this year...

Why do we do that?

If I can just get through this bottle of shower gel, hair conditioner, cologne...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Another pezzonovante.

I'm feeling like Michael Corleone again.  Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. 

Or not.  I got that email about the return of philosophy shampoo and conditioner and for five minutes I convinced myself that ordering a set of pure grace and a set of falling in love was a good idea.

Do I like the shampoo?  I must not because I'm using my shear splendor as hand soap.

Why can't they just bring back the conditioner?

(No, I didn't order.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

However...

I did say that I was going to need conditioner and facial cleanser at some point and that point might be today.  A PC sale that ends in a few hours.  (HINT.)

I've been using a drugstore conditioner to match a drugstore shampoo and I noticed something when I got my hair cut last week.  She cuts my hair when it's dry so I looked at the hair that was covering me and her floor and all I could think was:

When did I turn into an Irish Wolfhound?

I've had squirrel hair for years -- a variety of colors and textures on one head -- but now my hair is looking and feeling a tad more coarse and wiry.

And why do I want to chase jackrabbits?

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Where did January go?

One down, eleven to go.  Interesting how we can't wait to get to the end of our lives.  If I can just get through this meeting, this shift, this day, this week, this month, this year...

Why do we do that?

If I can just get through this bottle of shower gel, hair conditioner, cologne...

I will tell you I am extremely guilty of all this and am trying to change that.  However, I will say, sitting in boring meetings sometimes all day long makes you wish for 5 pm way too often. Smiley Sad

Products are pretty funny though, not like we need an excuse to buy more. And I will add food to the mix.  So, why did I just eat that big bag of chips in 2 days?

Lol, Too funny about the wolf hound. stop chasing the rabbits.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Another pezzonovante.

I'm feeling like Michael Corleone again.  Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. 

Or not.  I got that email about the return of philosophy shampoo and conditioner and for five minutes I convinced myself that ordering a set of pure grace and a set of falling in love was a good idea.

Do I like the shampoo?  I must not because I'm using my shear splendor as hand soap.

(No, I didn't order.)

Don't get suckered in with this one, just bee.  I ordered the pure grace set despite my misgivings just because I had to know.  And I was right:  neither the shampoo or conditioner is the same original formula.  Creamy moisturizing shampoo?  Nope.  That lovely silky feeling of your hair after using the conditioner?  Not even close.  They both are pretty awful, in fact.  So awful that I'm tempted to just throw them both out instead of even trying to use them up.  And that's why nobody said "back from the vault" during the presentations.  So what else is new...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Another pezzonovante.

(No, I didn't order.)

Don't get suckered in with this one, just bee.  I ordered the pure grace set despite my misgivings just because I had to know.  And I was right:  neither the shampoo or conditioner is the same original formula.  Creamy moisturizing shampoo?  Nope.  That lovely silky feeling of your hair after using the conditioner?  Not even close.  They both are pretty awful, in fact.  So awful that I'm tempted to just throw them both out instead of even trying to use them up.  And that's why nobody said "back from the vault" during the presentations.  So what else is new...

It is a shame what they did to this brand.  I still miss my amazing grace. We need Christina back. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Another pezzonovante.

(No, I didn't order.)

It is a shame what they did to this brand.  I still miss my amazing grace. We need Christina back. 

Ain't that the truth?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Another pezzonovante.

(No, I didn't order.)

Thanks for confirming precisely what I'd suspected.  I'm almost done with my ancient bottle of pure grace conditioner -- I've "downgraded" it to shaving cream.  When that's gone, I'll probably use what's left of my shear splendor conditioner to shave.

Use the shampoo as hand soap.  That's what I'm doing with my old shear splendor shampoo. 

When I ordered pure grace spritz recently, I went ahead and ordered a bottle of falling in love spritz.  The scent is delightful and I really am enjoying it, but the fragrance is fleeting.

Sigh.