Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 -- February!

Why is it always twenty pounds?  We should start a club...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

LOL!!  It is the pesky 20....

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I'd actually be very happy with just 10.  Sigh..... 

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

It used to be ten...

And it wasn't that long ago!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

It used to be ten...

And it wasn't that long ago!

Lol, yea, exactly.  Now, I too, would be happy with losing even 10. Too funny.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I have to voice my frustration somewhere so here it goes.  I think I am done with Sephora. Not that they will miss me, my shopping over the years has dramatically decreased from them, I cant stand cast systems.  But, there are some things I have not purchased in a while and I miss, like a nice light fragrance - like amazing grace.  I really miss it.   Well, I found a fragrance I wanted to try and Sephora carries it and as I go to put it in my cart, only rouge or vip members can purchase it. I get they do that around the holidays, but now, I was taken back. I couldnt believe it.  What kind of stupid model is that. Do they realize they are a store that sells products?  Ugh, done.  Too many other retailers.   

I cant believe I am still missing Amazing Grace.  Of all the things I always stockpiled, I wish that was one of them, especially the original when it was still Christina.

Alright, rant over.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Well, I have to voice my frustration somewhere so here it goes.  I think I am done with Sephora. Not that they will miss me, my shopping over the years has dramatically decreased from them, I cant stand cast systems.  But, there are some things I have not purchased in a while and I miss, like a nice light fragrance - like amazing grace.  I really miss it.   Well, I found a fragrance I wanted to try and Sephora carries it and as I go to put it in my cart, only rouge or vip members can purchase it. I get they do that around the holidays, but now, I was taken back. I couldnt believe it.  What kind of stupid model is that. Do they realize they are a store that sells products?  Ugh, done.  Too many other retailers.   

I cant believe I am still missing Amazing Grace.  Of all the things I always stockpiled, I wish that was one of them, especially the original when it was still Christina.

Alright, rant over.

Not that I'm trying to enable anyone...

Have you checked out philosophy's website?  They've really expanded the amazing grace line and they always have special offers.  I recently finished an old 3-in-1 at the sink and I really enjoyed it.  What if you had the hand soap or hand lotion at the sink?  Or a body oil?

Just a little something for that "whiff."

I stocked falling in love spritz and it has zero staying power.  I've already used in three weeks what I use in three months with pure grace.  But I want that whiff.

And maybe it's true the philosophy fragrances we like have no staying power.  All I know is that the ones I dislike intensely stick around on me forever.  I wish I liked fresh cream because I have a jug of the stuff.  It stays and stays and stays.  It's like shingles on me.  A real gagger.

And inner grace!  Oh, barf!  I don't dare spray that on myself.  Every fragrance lingers except pure grace and falling in love.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

I've really enjoyed reading all your posts.  So many issues and concerns that you all have, I have too.  I could have been reading my own diary--if I kept one.  From frustrations, to products, to eating--you are me!

I like Mindful March.  Probably because that's what I've been doing for a while now.  I never did have a No-Buy month.  But I have become much more mindful of what I do buy since I've been scaling back.  One great motivation for this has been doing taxes.  I knew our income had been going down steadily the last few years, but when I actually put everything down in print this year I was shocked at how much.  Not that we have money problems, but what I consider to be disposable (and therefore spendable) is not what it once was.  Necessity always is a great motivator.

Now if I can be just as mindful about my healthy eating, and more importantly, exercise.  It's always tough for me to get back to eating better after a particularly bad binge.  I have to ease back into it, which takes a week or two to reduce the cravings.  Then I need to be mindful not to give into whatever cravings I get after that, because if I can keep from giving in, they really start to diminish and I really start to feel better.  My problem lately has also been exercise.  Or rather, lack of it.  I always can find something better to do, or I just plain forget (conveniently).

So, I guess I just need to be more mindful of everything in my life, which really is a good thing, if I consider it.  Now, if I could only find my mind...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Alright, rant over.

Have you checked out philosophy's website?  They've really expanded the amazing grace line and they always have special offers.  I recently finished an old 3-in-1 at the sink and I really enjoyed it.  What if you had the hand soap or hand lotion at the sink?  Or a body oil?

I stocked falling in love spritz and it has zero staying power.  I've already used in three weeks what I use in three months with pure grace.  But I want that whiff.

And maybe it's true the philosophy fragrances we like have no staying power.  All I know is that the ones I dislike intensely stick around on me forever.  I wish I liked fresh cream because I have a jug of the stuff.  It stays and stays and stays.  It's like shingles on me.  A real gagger.

And inner grace!  Oh, barf!  I don't dare spray that on myself.  Every fragrance lingers except pure grace and falling in love.  Go figure.

Thanks, Bee, but I think I am done with Philosophy for now.  The scent just wasn't the same.  Maybe once I am through some soap and oils I will try it again. 

And isnt that that always the way, the ones you love don't stay, but the ones you don't, won't go away. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Alright, rant over.

Thanks, Bee, but I think I am done with Philosophy for now.  The scent just wasn't the same.  Maybe once I am through some soap and oils I will try it again. 

And isnt that that always the way, the ones you love don't stay, but the ones you don't, won't go away. 

I'm thinking of the same thing, well, maybe not completely.  I've used pure grace since the beginning, but for some reason lately I'm just sick of it.  I've tolerated the changes in it but the EDP just seems even more alcohol-y than normal to me lately.  I've pared down my philosophy products to just the shampoo and conditioner, the pure grace 3-in-one, the EDP, and purity.  I've tried other cleansers that I find tolerable, so when I use up my supply of purity, it's done.  I still only use the other stuff because I can't find anything else I can tolerate.  The hair stuff and shower gel I'll probably continue, but I think I'm going to try to do without fragrance altogether.  Of course, I still have two four ounce bottles of the stuff so it's going to take me a while to get to that point!