Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Doable December!

just bee -   I think you may have too much time on your hands.  

Honored Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

just bee -   I think you may have too much time on your hands.  

@PAlady

You mean on my hand. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Speaking of time on my hand(s)...

I tend to reach for my favorite mug when I'm brewing tea: My Mona Lisa mug.  When I had my hair chopped last month, I was handed a gift bag.  I rifled through it when I got home and when I saw what was in it I set it aside.  As I said previously, there was a mug in there.  Talk about coals to Newcastle.

Well, while BH was out of state I washed the mug and decided to use it.  It has a rounded bottom which I have discovered is fabulous for a tea mug.  No nooks and crannies for tea to settle and stain.

And I thought I'd have some stiff English breakfast tea but because there was leftover heavy whipping cream from the holiday I added a smidge to my cup.

Is it me or does the cream lessen the staining power of a sturdy black tea?  The cup isn't holding a stain.  I thought maybe it was because it was a new mug and hadn't been beaten down by life but then I noticed my teeth seemed a little brighter, too.

Must be the fat content.  The research continues.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Now that I have time to actually sift through all this beauty email and see the holiday offers, I can see why this is such a stressful time of year.  The sales are relentless.  Just when you think the prices can't get any lower, they do.

I really don't know why I fall for this.  I worked in retail for years and knew the game.

Anyway, I'm giving a lot more thought to the sale prices versus regular prices.  I know it's been discussed here but it's really kinda sticking lately.  I noticed the prices dropped even lower on a couple Lumene items I like and I started thinking that I should take advantage so I could have a couple extra in the stash.

But I kept thinking about the actual price.  No way in Hades would I pay full price for these items I think I love.

Is there something you have that you're willing to pay full price for?  Besides food?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Speaking of time on my hand(s)...

I tend to reach for my favorite mug when I'm brewing tea: My Mona Lisa mug.  When I had my hair chopped last month, I was handed a gift bag.  I rifled through it when I got home and when I saw what was in it I set it aside.  As I said previously, there was a mug in there.  Talk about coals to Newcastle.

Well, while BH was out of state I washed the mug and decided to use it.  It has a rounded bottom which I have discovered is fabulous for a tea mug.  No nooks and crannies for tea to settle and stain.

And I thought I'd have some stiff English breakfast tea but because there was leftover heavy whipping cream from the holiday I added a smidge to my cup.

Is it me or does the cream lessen the staining power of a sturdy black tea?  The cup isn't holding a stain.  I thought maybe it was because it was a new mug and hadn't been beaten down by life but then I noticed my teeth seemed a little brighter, too.

Must be the fat content.  The research continues.

👌

Honored Contributor

@geezerette

So if I put a TWIX in my tea...

Honored Contributor

@geezerette

I should put some argan oil in my cup.  Now I know what you mean by "greasy."

These oils are funny.  Some don't feel like oil and some feel like bear grease.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

I should put some argan oil in my cup.  Now I know what you mean by "greasy."

These oils are funny.  Some don't feel like oil and some feel like bear grease.

@just bee

Yep.  I thought I had found a good under-moisturizer “serum” in the argan oil “milk”, but as I am using it and it’s aging, I find it’s separating.  I also found that the WEN dry oil I bought for my hair is a good, if not better, substitute, and I can use it for more than one purpose which is a definite plus in my book.  

Looks like I have another auto-delivery to cancel.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

Yep.  I thought I had found a good under-moisturizer “serum” in the argan oil “milk”, but as I am using it and it’s aging, I find it’s separating.  I also found that the WEN dry oil I bought for my hair is a good, if not better, substitute, and I can use it for more than one purpose which is a definite plus in my book.  

@geezerette

I'm auditioning three different products.  Two are oil blends from Lumene and one is basic argan oil from Acure Organics.  I don't want to stockpile oils because I just tossed a very large bottle of castor oil and I should toss a very large bottle of jojoba but I just can't bring myself to do it.  But I'm not using it so why am I keeping it?

I like the Lumene products but they've been disappearing from websites.  And they're not cheap.

I'm just going to try to relax and enjoy what I have and stretch this audition through the cold, dry winter months.  We'll see what happens.

Do I even need oils?  That is the question.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

@geezerette

I'm auditioning three different products.  Two are oil blends from Lumene and one is basic argan oil from Acure Organics.  I don't want to stockpile oils because I just tossed a very large bottle of castor oil and I should toss a very large bottle of jojoba but I just can't bring myself to do it.  But I'm not using it so why am I keeping it?

I like the Lumene products but they've been disappearing from websites.  And they're not cheap.

I'm just going to try to relax and enjoy what I have and stretch this audition through the cold, dry winter months.  We'll see what happens.

Do I even need oils?  That is the question.

@just bee

I don’t think I need oils, but then I don’t need most of what I buy and already own.  That’s a whole ‘nother thread itself.  I do find that the argan oil/milk seems to give my complexion a more refined appearance.  (You notice I’m using the whole “appearance” line, just the the propaganda.)  And I don’t get the dry patches on my face like it do when I don’t use it.  

But I don’t think I will need it or use it during the warmer months at all.  So it’s just going to be something I use for a few months, meaning I only need to buy a small bottle and use it up in one season.  No more supersize.  Also, I just get plain lazy and have already gotten tired of the extra step.  Because I’ve found I can’t use an oil instead of a moisturizer.

But I’m not as dry as you are, and I sure don’t live in the same dry climate.  You may very well find benefits to using oils.  Determining whether it’s a “need” or just the “product of the moment” in the beauty industry is the key.