Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Doable December!

I have gone through all my makeup and thrown out/organized what was left.

This weekend it was time to tackle hair products. Anyone with curly hair knows how many products can be needed for an “almost good” hair day. We “curlies” also know how many products fall short, get pushed to the back of the cabinet while we try 10 more. 

Over the past year, I stopped coloring my hair and it’s now naturally white (and curly). Many shampoos and conditioners leave a yellowish film on my hair or if the shampoo has a bright color of it’s own, like green or pink, it can slightly tint my hair.

So everything and anything that I’m not now using every day to wash, condition or style and weekly deep condition hit the trash bag.

Another empty cabinet!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

An empty cabinet?  I'm trying to picture that...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus

An empty cabinet?  I'm trying to picture that...

@just bee  No worries...sure I’ll fill it up with “stuff” I don’t need soon. 🙄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The other day Judith Ripka-Cushion watch came back in stock. Since gifting my original to my best friend and Gucci to DIL wanted and needed a watch. Love the classic style and simplicity. So this wasn't impulsive purchase. Since sharing on the forum watch daily continues to be restocked. Really is beautiful timepiece. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

The other day Judith Ripka-Cushion watch came back in stock. Since gifting my original to my best friend and Gucci to DIL wanted and needed a watch. Love the classic style and simplicity. So this wasn't impulsive purchase. Since sharing on the forum watch daily continues to be restocked. Really is beautiful timepiece. 

@Sweet_Serenity

A watch is like a good pair of shoes, a good mattress or good food.  It falls into the category of necessity.

Has to be dependable and, if it looks amazing, that's an added bonus.

-- Former Watch Addict

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

A watch is like a good pair of shoes, a good mattress or good food.  It falls into the category of necessity.

Has to be dependable and, if it looks amazing, that's an added bonus.

-- Former Watch Addict 

Definitely!! You know what came to mind after posting above..

Money saved not buying hourglass@ I'm feeling pleased and more importantly knowing made healthy choice.☺

Honored Contributor

I was wondering if I had enough postage stamps to mail Christmas cards.  Rifled through the drawer and found some.

Unfortunately they're thirty-nine cents.

I'm torn about cards this year.  I have collected Christmas cards since the '70s and still have two large boxes (I'm talking moving boxes) of different designs.

But they're up on a shelf and BH would have to get them down and then I'd have to go through them all...

I keep thinking it would just be easier to buy some new ones.  Well, it is Senior Day at Walgreens...

Honored Contributor

Saaaaaaay...

A stamp for a postcard is 34 cents (soon to be 35).  I have some Christmas postcards in the stash...

Okay, it's either stand in line for stamps or stand in line for cards.

Or both.

(Actually, a postcard -- as tacky as that sounds -- would be practical since I still have the one-hand issue.)

Wait.  I can buy stamps at Costco, right?  And I have to buy stamps anyway before the rates go up next month.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Honored Contributor

I managed to skip Senior Day. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I think it's interesting that I can remove just about any stain with my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but I can't remove stains from the Magic Eraser itself.