Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Doable December!

[ Edited ]

Leaving for Disney world with friends and family....excited!!!< *update* cancelled essence nude highlighter reason already own Smashbox contour palette has lovely highlighter. justbee⚘ Thanks for helping me stay on track.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Leaving for Disney world with friends and family....excited!!!< *update* cancelled essence nude highlighter reason already own Smashbox contour palette has lovely highlighter. See you later!⚘

@Sweet_Serenity

Have the best time! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@aprilskies- I hear you on the breakouts, the same thing is happening to me too. I'm almost 47 and I've always had drier skin and rarely would get a breakout. But the last year or so I've been getting huge breakouts that take weeks to go away and leave red marks too. I don't know what is going on or what I'm doing different, but it's horrible. So now on top of the wrinkles and discoloration I'm getting speckled too. I got some ****** +Fab glycolic peel pads to try and see if the exfoliation would help at all with the red marks and they seem to be fading some. I've never had sensitive skin so I might try a retinol product down the road too, but it's definitely frustrating. 

Respected Contributor

My HEP has totally been in the toilet lately too. I had lost about 35 pounds and felt really good and I've probably gained 20 of it back over the last 6 months or so. My clothes are getting tight and I don't feel as good either. Once the holidays are over and all the treats are out of the house I definitely have to get back on the bandwagon and try to lose that weight again. Why is this always such a struggle for me? 

Respected Contributor

I think I'm doing ok with my purchases, mainly sticking to just gifts, for others and of course a couple for myself too. I've resisted buying anything else from Ulta and I think if I do make a purchase it will be for hairspray, mascara, etc, just essentials. There's a blog I've followed sporadically the last couple years called Mary Organizes and on January 1 she's starting another 13 week declutter challenge. I've started this challenge before and usually fizzle out before the 13 weeks is up but I think I'll at least try to start it again and see how I do. I don't have a lot left to donate or toss, mostly just need to use items up and not repurchase, but it seems like I can always find something small to get rid of in each room, even if it's just expired medicine or something. Plus after a whole year if I go back and revisit a room and the same things over and over it's easier to get rid of something if I know I haven't used it since the last time I looked at it a year ago. My biggest challenge is my husband's stuff and my kid's stuff. They're not into decluttering like I am and will keep things they're not using forever. I just have to pick my battles and do what I can. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@aprilskies- I hear you on the breakouts, the same thing is happening to me too. I'm almost 47 and I've always had drier skin and rarely would get a breakout. But the last year or so I've been getting huge breakouts that take weeks to go away and leave red marks too. I don't know what is going on or what I'm doing different, but it's horrible. So now on top of the wrinkles and discoloration I'm getting speckled too. I got some ****** +Fab glycolic peel pads to try and see if the exfoliation would help at all with the red marks and they seem to be fading some. I've never had sensitive skin so I might try a retinol product down the road too, but it's definitely frustrating. 

@rnmom

@aprilskies

Death, taxes and acne.  That's my motto.

I was afraid all these new products I've been using that are so full of different oils would cause a problem but so far my face is behaving.  I do have one small zit that appeared two days ago but I've determined that it's not what I put in or on my body -- it's what's in my head.  I really think, for me, it's stress-related.

When I get a persistent one I cover it with toothpaste before I go to sleep.  It seems to help.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

My HEP has totally been in the toilet lately too. I had lost about 35 pounds and felt really good and I've probably gained 20 of it back over the last 6 months or so. My clothes are getting tight and I don't feel as good either. Once the holidays are over and all the treats are out of the house I definitely have to get back on the bandwagon and try to lose that weight again. Why is this always such a struggle for me? 

@rnmom

I blame stress for this one, too.  They say you should write down everything you eat -- and when -- in a little book.  I think a person can lose weight this way because they get so fed up writing down everything that they just decide not to eat it.  So much work!

Better-half had to deal with his mother's situation a few months ago and I shopped for myself and ate what I wanted to eat.  He has to go up there again and he rented a minivan, thinking we could take a road trip with the dog and even do some hiking and camping.

I haven't been out of this state since 2006.  Part of me would love to hit the road, but another part is not as enthusiastic.  If I had both hands I'd be a little more spontaneous.

So I'm staying home with the dog.  I've already stocked the refrigerator with apples, grapes and lots of vegetables.

It's hard to eat what you want to eat when there are others who have different food requirements.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rnmom wrote:

I think I'm doing ok with my purchases, mainly sticking to just gifts, for others and of course a couple for myself too. I've resisted buying anything else from Ulta and I think if I do make a purchase it will be for hairspray, mascara, etc, just essentials. There's a blog I've followed sporadically the last couple years called Mary Organizes and on January 1 she's starting another 13 week declutter challenge. I've started this challenge before and usually fizzle out before the 13 weeks is up but I think I'll at least try to start it again and see how I do. I don't have a lot left to donate or toss, mostly just need to use items up and not repurchase, but it seems like I can always find something small to get rid of in each room, even if it's just expired medicine or something. Plus after a whole year if I go back and revisit a room and the same things over and over it's easier to get rid of something if I know I haven't used it since the last time I looked at it a year ago. My biggest challenge is my husband's stuff and my kid's stuff. They're not into decluttering like I am and will keep things they're not using forever. I just have to pick my battles and do what I can. 

@rnmom

I was starting to fret over my recent purchases but I'm really enjoying these items.  I even think I like the Acure shampoo and conditioner but time will tell.

I can see how Ulta can become a problem.  It's easier to avoid these sales when you don't have an account.  But once they have you, a few clicks and you have a delivery coming your way.  And Ulta makes it easy, too.  They're so enthusiastic and they make tracking your package a breeze.

Diabolical!

I really want to focus on decluttering in 2018.  It's frustrating because I've had time off but it hasn't been productive.  Every time I push myself my hand starts to hurt.  All I need is to refracture it.

I really wish I could once and for all figure out which "season" I am.  I always wanted to be an Autumn, but I'm still not even 100% sure if I'm warm or cool.  I had decided I was neutral.

Now I'm looking at the seasons again (pretty your world dot com) and it's like a 12 season system.  I could never decide if I was a Summer or Spring (didn't want to be either) and now with this system, there seems to be some indication that I could be some version of Autumn.

I swear 99% of my wardrobe is probably the wrong "season" for me.  It would make parting with clothes so much easier if I could look at an item and say, "This color makes me look like death."

I envy women who know what suits them.  Life must be so much simpler.

Honored Contributor

The one thing I've resisted ordering is tea.  Yes, there's a sale -- and free shipping -- but I just looked at my stash (in a cupboard over the counter, in a cupboard under the counter and in the pantry) and I have plenty of tea.

Of course I'm almost out of my favorite variety, but I sure have a lot of everything else.  And I mean everything.

I'm going to concentrate on using what I have so I can contain my tea in one spot -- not three.

I'd done that before but then I started taking advantage of sales and collected a lot of unusual flavors that are really... unusual.

Must stop this experimentation.  Generally, if it sounds weird it's going to taste weird.

Honored Contributor

Like this one I'm drinking now. Woman Tongue