Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Doable December!

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
No longer share with the forum on healthy eating or lifestyles. Works for me and that's what matters. You can lead the way and that's all. Didn't intentionally eat unhealthy salt happened to be mixed in with vegan dish..wow! reacted badly the conquense swelling. No problem I'm back to normal. Learned valuable lesson. Speaking of apples!! Eating one now!!🍎

@Sweet_Serenity  I've made the same decision.  In my personal life, I don't share my lifestyle unless asked or interest is shown.  I think it best to continue that practice on the board.  

@Sweet_Serenity@just bee@geezerette

Just to let you know....there are inexpensive, cruelty free dupes for the HourGlass highlighter.  Both Makeup Revolution and ELF make VERY close dupes.  You can see demonstrations on YouTube.  Just in case you decide it is an important purchase for you, but don't want to make the investment in Hour Glass.

I've reached the same conclusion as you ladies.  My lifestyle is much more important to my well being than purchases.  @just bee  Thank you for starting this thread.  It is wonderful to have reminders of what it important to accomplish and what is not essential to my happiness.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
No longer share with the forum on healthy eating or lifestyles. Works for me and that's what matters. You can lead the way and that's all. Didn't intentionally eat unhealthy salt happened to be mixed in with vegan dish..wow! reacted badly the conquense swelling. No problem I'm back to normal. Learned valuable lesson. Speaking of apples!! Eating one now!!🍎

@Sweet_Serenity  I've made the same decision.  In my personal life, I don't share my lifestyle unless asked or interest is shown.  I think it best to continue that practice on the board.  

Just to let you know....there are inexpensive, cruelty free dupes for the HourGlass highlighter.  Both Makeup Revolution and ELF make VERY close dupes.  You can see demonstrations on YouTube.  Just in case you decide it is an important purchase for you, but don't want to make the investment in Hour Glass.

I've reached the same conclusion as you ladies.  My lifestyle is much more important to my well being than purchases.  @just bee  Thank you for starting this thread.  It is wonderful to have reminders of what it important to accomplish and what is not essential to my happiness.

@phoenixbrd

Regarding Hourglass and other "luxury" brands, I doubt that I would make such a serious investment in one product.  I'd rather invest in a variety of less expensive products that will also sit unused. Woman Wink

I haven't worn makeup in over a month and all I can think is that I started a new tube of Full 'N Soft mascara in October and only got a month's use out of it before I did the faceplant and broke my hand.  I'm stressing over cheap mascara. 

And I have to thank all of you for sticking with the ComPact.  It's been a good place to come and chat and sort things out.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

Well, now I want an apple. Smiley Happy Guess I'll have to wait until I run to the store tomorrow.

@just beeThank you for this thread, it's the first place I read when I come on. 

I fully grasp the procrastination issue...I put up my Christmas tree a week and a half ago. Now, if I could just convince myself that the ornaments would love to join the tree! 

Honored Contributor

@just bee  I'm a member of the bare faced band wagon also.  I'm much more into skin care than I am make up (and to me your skin reflects your lifestyle).  Hope your hand is healing!

Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

Well, now I want an apple. Smiley Happy Guess I'll have to wait until I run to the store tomorrow.

@just beeThank you for this thread, it's the first place I read when I come on. 

I fully grasp the procrastination issue...I put up my Christmas tree a week and a half ago. Now, if I could just convince myself that the ornaments would love to join the tree! 

@lil spot

What is it about procrastination?  We know that whatever we have to do is going to get done and that we're going to feel great when that happens, so why don't we just speed up that process and get it done so we can feel great?

Is it the thrill of waiting until the last minute and then getting it done in the nick of time?

Why do we do it?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee  I'm a member of the bare faced band wagon also.  I'm much more into skin care than I am make up (and to me your skin reflects your lifestyle).  Hope your hand is healing!

@phoenixbrd

My face healed a lot faster!  If I didn't have so much CC cream, I'd consider going bare.  Saves time.  (Why do I still feel I have to hide behind foundation?)

As for the hand, I'm keeping the wrist gauntlet on because it's a reminder to not get too exuberant.  And it looks cool.

Not 100% yet but working on it.  Don't want to sound like The Beatles, but it's getting better all the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee  As long as "it is getting better all the time"  then "here comes the sun"!

You might want to take a look at Jocko Willink on You Tube

How to smash days when you don't feel like it

Break habits of procrastination

He is hard core and you will either love him. or not....but it is worth a listen.  I've considered getting one of his books ....Extreme Ownership....to listen to when I'm working out....

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee  As long as "it is getting better all the time"  then "here comes the sun"!

You might want to take a look at Jocko Willink on You Tube

How to smash days when you don't feel like it

Break habits of procrastination

He is hard core and you will either love him. or not....but it is worth a listen.  I've considered getting one of his books ....Extreme Ownership....to listen to when I'm working out....

@phoenixbrd

I've watched Jocko in interviews but I never thought of following him as a "life coach."  Although I often think that if I'd joined the Air Force instead of going off to college at 17, I'd have a better organized existence.

But then I wouldn't have the ComPact.Woman Very Happy

Maybe I'll check out those videos...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Totally agree!! Since becoming vegan skin glows. Tarte new foundation stick easy and simple. Instead of full face makeup spot in areas needed. YT located essence nude highlighter- talc free cruelty free; Amazon under 5.00 thankfully didn't buy hourglass 65.00. Thanks to this thread and friends like you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@phoenixbrd

Amen and Hallelujah!  

I totally agree with both points.