Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Auspicious August!

@aprilskies

@geezerette

When I knew he was on his way home I figured I'd pick up those pizzas I'd been avoiding in his absence.  He made it clear that pizza was the last thing he wanted to eat.

Then it dawned on me: What hadn't he had in the past two weeks?  Why, New Mexican food, of course.  I went to our local take-out and ordered enough for a village and filled the fridge.

He came home and wasn't hungry.  That order lasted three days.  Now that the refrigerator is back to all fruits, vegetables and salad dressing, it is up to hiim to come up with a plan.

He said he couldn't wait to come home and cook something, so let's see what he comes up with.  (There isn't enough tuna left for his killer tuna casserole.)

Stay tuned.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Besides, now you can have something to eat other than tuna.

@geezerette

What did he prepare?  Asparagus and... salmon.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Well, it's that time again.  There's only one week left of August and I'm looking for suggestions for September.

Fill in the blank:

S________ September.

Honored Contributor

Sensible?

Sensational?

Serendipitous?

Put on your thinking caps!

No, CAP!

I said CAP, not cat.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Sensible?

Sensational?

Serendipitous?

Put on your thinking caps!

No, CAP!

I said CAP, not cat.

@just bee

I love this!  Never gonna happen in my house, though...

I've got too many orders scheduled to come in September for it to be "Sensible" for me, but it's up to you and the others.  I'm just ready for fall, no matter what it's called.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I'm just ready for fall, no matter what it's called.

@geezerette

Me, too!

Fall in NM

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I'm just ready for fall, no matter what it's called.

@geezerette

Me, too!

Fall in NM

I am ready for Fall too but I can't believe summer is over.  Today was a beautiful day and I think the weekend is suppose to be more of the same.  I am so glad it is the weekend. 

Honored Contributor

On the 16th, there was a chill in the air when I was out with the dog early in the morning.  We walked to the park and the Chinese pistaches were already turning red.

Fellow dog walkers seemed to agree that we might have an early fall.

Yesterday I noticed some cottonwoods in the bosque had gold leaves.

When I drove to work the other night I had to turn on my headlights. 

Oh -- and New Mexico has had so much rain this year that it is officially the only Western state that is drought-free.

And not only did we have coyotes in the cul-de-sac and two bears on the Westside, but there was a bobcat, too, not far from where I live.

The critters must know something we don't.

Last week when the dog and I were walking and waving to the cows in the pasture, I saw four horses standing there, just looking at us.

I told the dog they were the Four Horses of the Apocalypse.  Went right over his head.

Honored Contributor

Better-half brought something from Colorado that he thought I might like: A 6-pack of Dry Dock Vanilla Porter.

It's produced in Aurora and it appears that it's not available in Albuquerque.  That's unfortunate.

I haven't visited any of the microbreweries that are popping up all over our fair city (one shut its doors unexpectedly this week), but I may start searching for a comparable brew.

It reminds me of the drink my mother gave me when I was just a rug rat: A mug of hot coffee with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Oh -- it appears another Colorado product, Breckenridge Nitro Vanilla Porter, is available locally.  Read an unfavorable review ("tastes like coffee!"), but I may have to do a taste test.

Better get on that right away.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Better-half brought something from Colorado that he thought I might like: A 6-pack of Dry Dock Vanilla Porter.

It's produced in Aurora and it appears that it's not available in Albuquerque.  That's unfortunate.

I haven't visited any of the microbreweries that are popping up all over our fair city (one shut its doors unexpectedly this week), but I may start searching for a comparable brew.

It reminds me of the drink my mother gave me when I was just a rug rat: A mug of hot coffee with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Oh -- it appears another Colorado product, Breckenridge Nitro Vanilla Porter, is available locally.  Read an unfavorable review ("tastes like coffee!"), but I may have to do a taste test.

Better get on that right away.

This sounds like an important mission.  You must start investigating right away.  The sounds like a very interesting product.