Honored Contributor

ComPact 2017 – Appreciative April!

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it.

Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Appreciative April!

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEP

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Well...

March went out like a lion

Awakin' up the water in the bay;

Then April cried and stepped aside,

And along came pretty little May!

Yup -- it's already April and that means it's time to start thinking about an adjective for May.  May may be mindful or May may be... fill in the blank.

But for now it's Appreciative April and I'm going to try to keep that in mind as I sit this morning, gathering my tax information for 2016.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay.  I appreciate that my state and federal taxes came down.  A little.

Did you know that New Mexico is one of only four states that adds sales tax to tax preparation costs?

#$%&@*!

Honored Contributor

Reminder post!

If you replace items every three months (like mascara, toothbrush, etc...), today's the day!

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Well...

Yup -- it's already April and that means it's time to start thinking about an adjective for May.  May may be mindful or May may be... fill in the blank.

But for now it's Appreciative April and I'm going to try to keep that in mind as I sit this morning, gathering my tax information for 2016.

I like Motivated May. Or May Motivation. The spring and warm weather always motivates me to eat better, be outside, clean up etc. Hello to all! I appreciate this thread @just bee

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Well...

I like Motivated May. Or May Motivation. The spring and warm weather always motivates me to eat better, be outside, clean up etc. Hello to all! I appreciate this thread @just bee

@kathie66

Oooooh!  I like that!  Motivated May!  I could use some of that!

Honored Contributor

And I appreciate all the rain and fog in the desert today!  That means I don't have to water.  Instead, I'm going to sit and watch an ER marathon! Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

And I appreciate all the rain and fog in the desert today!  That means I don't have to water.  Instead, I'm going to sit and watch an ER marathon! Woman Very Happy

I LOVE ER! Have fun! 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

I appreciate that today is opening day and I can watch the Cubs play this year without worrying that I'm a jinx.

I suspect I may have been right: I didn't watch them last year and didn't wear any Cubs shirts, jackets or caps.

My tax preparer said yesterday that 2016 was a horrible year.  As I was driving home I realized that as bad as it was, it was the year the Cubs won the World Series. 

Clearly it wasn't that bad.

1969 Cubbies

Hey, hey, holy mackerel,
No doubt about it,
the Cubs are on their way!

The Cubs are gonna hit today
they're gonna pitch today
they're gonna field today
Come what may,
the Cubs are gonna win today!