Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Appreciative April!

[ Edited ]

@KaySD

I think I can describe my most recent example of life as a squirrel.  Since discovering the sad fact that Lumene has discontinued their CC cream and colorless BB serum -- the two products I mix and use as foundation/skin care -- I have been fretting.  And fretting means researching.  I think I have looked at every CC cream on the market.  And BB creams, too, because I have this weird feeling that CC creams are slowly being phased out because they were a ... phase.

I had my choices narrowed down and I really didn't want to spend more than $20 for a product.  Still, I was willing to take a closer look at Aveda and Merle Norman ($30-35).  But then I made a decision.  I still have one tube of Lumene CC cream and a bottle of BB serum left.  This should be enough product for the rest of 2017.  I decided to stop searching and stop fretting.

And then yesterday I woke up early because I had a conference to attend.  While I was having my tea I pruned my email and opened one that I never open: The Costco online deals email.  I never look at those.  I just delete them as they pop up.

Well, of course they have a $35 BB cream for $19.99.  It's

BB cream

So then I had to spend two hours researching pūr~lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30.

And this is when the squeaky sound began and the wheel started turning: How many should I buy?  What color should I get? What if I buy one of each and mix them?  What if they're the wrong shade?  What if I turn tangerine?

I haven't ordered them yet, but I'm up early again, in my cage.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Wow.  Talk about squirrel cages.  I don't know what I was thinking, but I ended up on YouTube watching make-up videos.  I wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about this BB cream.  Well, of course they did.

I don't usually watch these things.  All I know is that I should have made tea before I started watching the videos.

So... I was just in the kitchen with my Brita pitcher of water and my electric tea kettle.  Remind me: How do you boil water again?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Wow.  Talk about squirrel cages.  I don't know what I was thinking, but I ended up on YouTube watching make-up videos.  I wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about this BB cream.  Well, of course they did.

I don't usually watch these things.  All I know is that I should have made tea before I started watching the videos.

So... I was just in the kitchen with my Brita pitcher of water and my electric tea kettle.  Remind me: How do you boil water again?

Youtube will show you the way.  ...and I am sure your water is all wrong. 

Honored Contributor

Wow again.  I'd mentioned that I'd mailed my state and federal taxes and I looked at my bank account this morning and both checks have already cleared.  The ink had barely dried on them.

Fast work for three government agencies.  Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Youtube will show you the way.  ...and I am sure your water is all wrong. 

Don't make me go back there.

Respected Contributor

HEP is a struggle.  Harder than I thought on bringing junk food home.  I literally fight with myself for at least a few minutes in the store.   I have been wanting ice cream, chocolate and a few other things lately, I refuse to bring it home.  I try to fool myself with moderation, but I tell myself moderation doesn't work for me and then put things back.  It is good because I start to see my own self defeating ways. Now that Easter and a party I had are over, I can try and get more strict. Still a work in progress.  

I am loading up on apples and carrots. I am trying to reach for them more.  ...or any fruit or vegetable.  Just happens to be these two at the moment. 

I will say, it is interesting when you try and change habits. You learn so much about yourself.  I can definitely see where I am going wrong.  Doesn't mean I intend on being perfect, but just more mindful of what I eat in a day and make adjustments if I do indulge. 

Can I just share, it is tiring trying to be so mindful, can I just be me? Woman LOL  Habits are hard to break. 

Honored Contributor

Squirrel cage

Another report from the cage.

Okay, I'm leaning towards a purchase here.  Most BB/CC creams are one ounce and this one is 1.4 ounces.  Pricewise, it's the same as Lumene.

Of course, I never paid full price for Lumene and this BB Cream isn't full price, either.  Am I willing to pay full price if I like it?

I think I'll go water my roses.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

HEP is a struggle.  Harder than I thought on bringing junk food home.  I literally fight with myself for at least a few minutes in the store.   I have been wanting ice cream, chocolate and a few other things lately, I refuse to bring it home.  I try to fool myself with moderation, but I tell myself moderation doesn't work for me and then put things back.  It is good because I start to see my own self defeating ways. Now that Easter and a party I had are over, I can try and get more strict. Still a work in progress.  

I am loading up on apples and carrots. I am trying to reach for them more.  ...or any fruit or vegetable.  Just happens to be these two at the moment. 

I will say, it is interesting when you try and change habits. You learn so much about yourself.  I can definitely see where I am going wrong.  Doesn't mean I intend on being perfect, but just more mindful of what I eat in a day and make adjustments if I do indulge. 

Can I just share, it is tiring trying to be so mindful, can I just be me? Woman LOL  Habits are hard to break. 

HEPwise, I'm eating well but gaining weight.  The lunch served at the conference yesterday was vegan; basically it was a salad sandwich.  Spinach, romaine, tomatoes and sprouts on wheat.  I skipped the mayo and mustard and spread avocado on the bread.  There was a little cup of green stuff and I was convinced it was avocado.  There was also a little cup of beige stuff.  I spread that on, too.  I think it was hummus.  There was a fruit cup.  I also had fruit at the pre-conference breakfast with a bottle of V8.

And then I had a Heath Klondike bar for dinner.

At any rate, I had a new apple experience this week.  Lady Alice.  I like her very much.

Lady Alice

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD

I think I can describe my most recent example of life as a squirrel.  Since discovering the sad fact that Lumene has discontinued their CC cream and colorless BB serum -- the two products I mix and use as foundation/skin care -- I have been fretting.  And fretting means researching.  I think I have looked at every CC cream on the market.  And BB creams, too, because I have this weird feeling that CC creams are slowly being phased out because they were a ... phase.

I had my choices narrowed down and I really didn't want to spend more than $20 for a product.  Still, I was willing to take a closer look at Aveda and Merle Norman ($30-35).  But then I made a decision.  I still have one tube of Lumene CC cream and a bottle of BB serum left.  This should be enough product for the rest of 2017.  I decided to stop searching and stop fretting.

And then yesterday I woke up early because I had a conference to attend.  While I was having my tea I pruned my email and opened one that I never open: The Costco online deals email.  I never look at those.  I just delete them as they pop up.

Well, of course they have a $35 BB cream for $19.99.  It's

BB cream

So then I had to spend two hours researching pūr~lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30.

And this is when the squeaky sound began and the wheel started turning: How many should I buy?  What color should I get? What if I buy one of each and mix them?  What if they're the wrong shade?  What if I turn tangerine?

I haven't ordered them yet, but I'm up early again, in my cage.

If you do order, let us know what you think of it.  I have been wanting to add a bb cream but haven't really looked around yet. I also like the fact it is cruelty free.   I am going to try and make some things work that I have first.  But, the things I have in mind require two steps and sometimes I need things to be easy.  I am considering making my own tinted moisturizer with some BE items I have.  I will see how that goes.  Maybe I will try it today since I have just been putting around this morning and haven't freshened up yet. 

And 20 bucks isn't bad for this if it is good. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Squirrel cage

Another report from the cage.

Okay, I'm leaning towards a purchase here.  Most BB/CC creams are one ounce and this one is 1.4 ounces.  Pricewise, it's the same as Lumene.

Of course, I never paid full price for Lumene and this BB Cream isn't full price, either.  Am I willing to pay full price if I like it?

I think I'll go water my roses.

What a great picture, lol.  Love it.  And yes to the squirrel in the cage feeling. I feel like this most days.  This year is my attempt at ditching the wheel. The spin has gotten slower but the wheel is still very much In good form under my feet.