Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- NOVEMBER

@dosey wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I am getting clobbered by emails telling me it is my last chance for using coupons.  And now I am getting clobbered by cyber Monday emails.  I almost put in a couple of orders this morning but didnt do it.  It is so funny, I fill up my cart with the minimum order for free shipping and then realize I dont want to spend so much on products/items I dont need.  I start to realize I am just ordering things because of coupons and I rather just buy what I really want instead. It is kinda amusing to me.  At least I am winning the battle of the impulse buying.  The holiday season is still young but so far so good.  

I have never received as many Cyber Monday emails as I did this year, and I deleted all of them without opening a single one!  I know where I am buying gifts, and sadly, none of the gifts are coming from Talbots or Dillard's.  Maybe in January I'll treat myself.

Believe it or not, I am still getting them. Now they are letting me know they are extending their cyber monday sales. It is a bit amusing when you sit back and observe.

Respected Contributor

Well, I made it through black friday/cyber Monday with no beauty purchases.  I am really thrilled.  I was driving home from work yesterday and I was so glad I wasnt going to have a flurry of boxes coming my way.   I am going to spend on things I really want this year instead of things that were just on sale. 

Sales are really tough though I have to say. But so far so good with the impulse buying.

Respected Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@dosey wrote:

How is your job going?

My job is going really well.  It is a nice place to go to five days a week. I have never worked at a place where everyone got along with each other.  We even text each other when we are off.

That is so good. Sounds like a great place.  Yes, it is wonderful when everyone gets along.  It makes going in to work enjoyable. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I am getting clobbered by emails telling me it is my last chance for using coupons.  And now I am getting clobbered by cyber Monday emails.  I almost put in a couple of orders this morning but didnt do it.  It is so funny, I fill up my cart with the minimum order for free shipping and then realize I dont want to spend so much on products/items I dont need.  I start to realize I am just ordering things because of coupons and I rather just buy what I really want instead. It is kinda amusing to me.  At least I am winning the battle of the impulse buying.  The holiday season is still young but so far so good.  

I have never received as many Cyber Monday emails as I did this year, and I deleted all of them without opening a single one!  I know where I am buying gifts, and sadly, none of the gifts are coming from Talbots or Dillard's.  Maybe in January I'll treat myself.

Believe it or not, I am still getting them. Now they are letting me know they are extending their cyber monday sales. It is a bit amusing when you sit back and observe.

I just about bit on one of these yesterday.  Chewy's is having a "cyber-week" and I've been eyeing a couple of their cat trees for months.  I'd save a bundle if I bought now!  Then I thought to myself, you'd save even more if you didn't buy anything and let the silly cat keep using the cardboard boxes he's had for six years!  So the cat shall remain treeless.

Trusted Contributor

I made it with out buying anything this weekend too. I think that I am safe for awhile now. whew. It is so hard when cosmetics look as pretty as candy.