Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,674
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@aprilskies wrote:

I would love to stick with yoga.  I never do, but I signed up for hot yoga, which seems to be the latest craze, so I am looking forward to it. I will start later this month. Not sure how it will go, I don't do well with heat, but I got a good deal on groupon for a month so figured it would be a good kick start if nothing else.  I need to move more for sure.  I am finding it hard to get started. ...and, I agree, for me it will be more for mental health. The rest will be bonus. 


Hmmm.  There's a hot yoga studio a few blocks from the house.  Keep me posted!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,075
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I would love to stick with yoga.  I never do, but I signed up for hot yoga, which seems to be the latest craze, so I am looking forward to it. I will start later this month. Not sure how it will go, I don't do well with heat, but I got a good deal on groupon for a month so figured it would be a good kick start if nothing else.  I need to move more for sure.  I am finding it hard to get started. ...and, I agree, for me it will be more for mental health. The rest will be bonus. 


Hmmm.  There's a hot yoga studio a few blocks from the house.  Keep me posted!




I will let you know.  I hope I don't love it, lol, because it is too expensive per month on a normal basis.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,674
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I would love to stick with yoga.  I never do, but I signed up for hot yoga, which seems to be the latest craze, so I am looking forward to it. I will start later this month. Not sure how it will go, I don't do well with heat, but I got a good deal on groupon for a month so figured it would be a good kick start if nothing else.  I need to move more for sure.  I am finding it hard to get started. ...and, I agree, for me it will be more for mental health. The rest will be bonus. 


Hmmm.  There's a hot yoga studio a few blocks from the house.  Keep me posted!




I will let you know.  I hope I don't love it, lol, because it is too expensive per month on a normal basis.  

 

I was just looking at a few local studios and their prices.  With my weird work schedule, finding a consistent class schedule would be challenging.  And you're right -- it can be pricey.


~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor
Posts: 235
Registered: ‎06-18-2010

Yesterday and today I popped a yoga DVD into the player.  Feels good.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,674
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@DL2843 wrote:

Yesterday and today I popped a yoga DVD into the player.  Feels good.


It's supposed to -- so you must be doing something right. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,674
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I've caught a cold and I was hoping I'd get over it on my days off, but it looks like I'll go back to work under the weather.  I'd squirreled away some money because I knew I had to bite the bullet and get someone out to deal with the yard -- especially the trees.  It's going to cost more than the estimate from last year (we called this company to come out to do the work and they never got back to us so we looked for someone else).  They plan to do the work this week but it occurred to me that I have to sleep during the day so I can work at night.  This isn't going to be pleasant.  But the trees have to be done.

 

Ugh.  Why do we have a yard?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,075
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@just bee wrote:

I've caught a cold and I was hoping I'd get over it on my days off, but it looks like I'll go back to work under the weather.  I'd squirreled away some money because I knew I had to bite the bullet and get someone out to deal with the yard -- especially the trees.  It's going to cost more than the estimate from last year (we called this company to come out to do the work and they never got back to us so we looked for someone else).  They plan to do the work this week but it occurred to me that I have to sleep during the day so I can work at night.  This isn't going to be pleasant.  But the trees have to be done.

 

Ugh.  Why do we have a yard?


 

LOL, One of the reasons why I have put off buying a permanent residence.  Not good, but....   On one hand, I would love a yard, love it, on the other, I am not sure I want to spend my time taking care of it at this point. It is such a dilemma.  

 

Feel better.  Colds are such a drag.  

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,075
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- March

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@DL2843 wrote:

Yesterday and today I popped a yoga DVD into the player.  Feels good.


It's supposed to -- so you must be doing something right. Woman LOL


 

 

I cant wait to get started.  It will be in a week or so. Actually I have to get started because the deal ends 4/1. Smiley Happy.  Talk about procrastination, I have had this offer for a couple of months now.  I wish I loved exercise, I want to love it.  I wish I loved exercising the way I love to shop.  That would be something.

 

Just Bee, the yoga studios, especially those that offer hot yoga are expensive in my area. We dont have many.  I haven't seen them less than 130/month.  I am just not willing to pay those prices. At that rate, I would join a high end fitness center, take yoga, and go into the sauna afterwards.  At least, the price would include everything else as well.

 

It is starting to feel nice outside.  I need to take me walks out in the fresh air.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,470
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@just bee wrote:

I've caught a cold and I was hoping I'd get over it on my days off, but it looks like I'll go back to work under the weather.  I'd squirreled away some money because I knew I had to bite the bullet and get someone out to deal with the yard -- especially the trees.  It's going to cost more than the estimate from last year (we called this company to come out to do the work and they never got back to us so we looked for someone else).  They plan to do the work this week but it occurred to me that I have to sleep during the day so I can work at night.  This isn't going to be pleasant.  But the trees have to be done.

 

Ugh.  Why do we have a yard?


 

Because it's too much work to teach the dog to use the commode.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,674
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I've caught a cold and I was hoping I'd get over it on my days off, but it looks like I'll go back to work under the weather.  I'd squirreled away some money because I knew I had to bite the bullet and get someone out to deal with the yard -- especially the trees.  It's going to cost more than the estimate from last year (we called this company to come out to do the work and they never got back to us so we looked for someone else).  They plan to do the work this week but it occurred to me that I have to sleep during the day so I can work at night.  This isn't going to be pleasant.  But the trees have to be done.

 

Ugh.  Why do we have a yard?


 

LOL, One of the reasons why I have put off buying a permanent residence.  Not good, but....   On one hand, I would love a yard, love it, on the other, I am not sure I want to spend my time taking care of it at this point. It is such a dilemma.  

 

Feel better.  Colds are such a drag.  

 

 


I'm making progress.  I've always had issues about removing plants and trees, but I got home from work this morning and my two favorite trees are already gone.  One, a large chitalpa; the other, a purple robe locust that the bees loved.  Unfortunately, the locust borers loved it even more and the tree was like Swiss cheese.  Lesson learned: This is a desert and we and everything in it are merely grains of sand that blow in, then blow out.  Don't get attached to anything in your yard. 

 

This work will be expensive but it's necessary and long overdue.  I shouldn't fret: If I sold the house tomorrow, the new owners would take out everything and start over.

 

I got to work last night and everyone was hacking.  We're all sick!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~