Honored Contributor

Oh, just bee, I know you asked about my monster dog a while ago: she's fine, although on the disabled list right now.  She has a 'boo-boo' on her toe, so we're not walking her until it heals.  Minor wound, not sure exactly what happened, but she ripped off a couple of layers of foot pad which left raw skin.  Other than that, she's doing well, finally calming down some and destroying any type of landscaping we had.  

I could loan her out to you, she does a killer job of pruning bushes--literally.

Trusted Contributor

WHY OH WHY AM I TEMPTED BY THE TOO FACED TS!!!!

Really? Why the heck is it tempting me? I already own their original chocolate eye pallete it's barely used since I'm trying to hit pan on a couple other items first. Their eyeshadow primer is awesome but I found a drugstore one that works just as great....the mascara is goopier than I like....definitely don't need another blush....but they are tempting me with such a gosh darn good deal!! shame on HSN.

Then there is the IT TSV coming up on Friday.

I've been good, oh so good with not buying beauty....give me strength to say Noooooooo and run screaming from the tv and computer.

Valued Contributor

Oh, I can so relate to being so tempted when I see a good deal.  I wanted to get the DrDenese TSV that is coming up next month.  I need tires for my car, not DrDenese.  The only thing that I have found that really helps with this insanity is to take inventory of what I already have and then trying to busy myself with something else rather than watching the presentations.  Josie Maran is on now, and I think everything in the show looks great.  I don't think the temptation goes away, I think we just find we have acquired the tools through this thread to engage our inner voice telling us we do not need the items.

Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- March

[ Edited ]

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

WHY OH WHY AM I TEMPTED BY THE TOO FACED TS!!!!

Really? Why the heck is it tempting me? I already own their original chocolate eye pallete it's barely used since I'm trying to hit pan on a couple other items first. Their eyeshadow primer is awesome but I found a drugstore one that works just as great....the mascara is goopier than I like....definitely don't need another blush....but they are tempting me with such a gosh darn good deal!! shame on HSN.

Then there is the IT TSV coming up on Friday.

I've been good, oh so good with not buying beauty....give me strength to say Noooooooo and run screaming from the tv and computer.

I know, I know, it is killing me over here.  I have the original and have barely touched it.  The colors look similar to the orig but I still would like this one. This is a tough one.  Definitely not a need but that is a great deal.  I bought the orig from hsn last year and it came with a full sized mascara, lipstick but a sample size of the primer. Oy. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@PAlady wrote:

just bee -  I used to live by a bar where they would "park" their John Deere's and their horses. 

You used to be able to park your horses in Tucson, too.  In fact, one bar, fittingly named "The Cowpony", actually had rails outside to do just that.

That was back in the day when instead of arresting you for drunk and disorderly, the police would just take you home in their squad cars.

Ah, the good ole days...

Now we know why our elders talked so much about the good ol' days.  It's because they WERE good!  And because now, as elders, we're old and we can't remember the bad parts!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Oh, just bee, I know you asked about my monster dog a while ago: she's fine, although on the disabled list right now.  She has a 'boo-boo' on her toe, so we're not walking her until it heals.  Minor wound, not sure exactly what happened, but she ripped off a couple of layers of foot pad which left raw skin.  Other than that, she's doing well, finally calming down some and destroying any type of landscaping we had.  

I could loan her out to you, she does a killer job of pruning bushes--literally.

If I added up all the past tense plants that were pruned by past dogs... my Boxer nuzzled all my nandina to death.  My Boxer/Dalmatian dug up my Japanese maple daily.  She and her brother sat and watched me and Better-half lovingly place hundreds of dollars' worth of newly purchased plants in the ground one day.  We were invited to dinner that night and decided to leave them in the yard to enjoy a summer evening outdoors.  We wouldn't be gone long...

They dug up every plant and ate most of them.  The added bonus?  They had the runs for days and destroyed our carpet, too.

What did I call them?  God's most perfect creatures?  Just have to remind yourself from time to time.  Your poor perfect creature probably hurt herself digging up your water pipes.  Check your bill -- STAT!  (Then give her a big hug.  They're not with us very long.  But the damage they leave behind is forever!)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

THUD!

Uh-oh.  Is that the sound of ComPactors falling off the bandwagon?  Temptation still rears its head: I find that I can "resist" when I put off the purchase for a day.  Then another.  Then another.  Eventually I manage to forget what I was going to buy -- that thing I was convinced I needed so desperately.  Yup.  Sometimes that actually works.

I had talked myself out of those two pairs of sale shoes several times.  They'll sell out and that will solve my problem, I said.  But they didn't.  They stayed on the sale page for weeks until I finally caved.  The next day most of the sizes had sold out.  If only I'd waited another 24 hours!  (But I've actually been wearing these shoes and I love them.  Even the pair that squeaks incessantly.)

Just as long as they don't put the red ones on sale...

red Pesca

Honored Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

Oh, I can so relate to being so tempted when I see a good deal.  I wanted to get the DrDenese TSV that is coming up next month.  I need tires for my car, not DrDenese.  The only thing that I have found that really helps with this insanity is to take inventory of what I already have and then trying to busy myself with something else rather than watching the presentations.  Josie Maran is on now, and I think everything in the show looks great.  I don't think the temptation goes away, I think we just find we have acquired the tools through this thread to engage our inner voice telling us we do not need the items.

And then we ignore that inner voice!  Sorry -- didn't hear ya!  I was grinding coffee beans/running water/blending the margaritas/screaming into my pillow...

Our excuses get more and more creative.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

THUD!

Uh-oh.  Is that the sound of ComPactors falling off the bandwagon?  Temptation still rears its head: I find that I can "resist" when I put off the purchase for a day.  Then another.  Then another.  Eventually I manage to forget what I was going to buy -- that thing I was convinced I needed so desperately.  Yup.  Sometimes that actually works.

I had talked myself out of those two pairs of sale shoes several times.  They'll sell out and that will solve my problem, I said.  But they didn't.  They stayed on the sale page for weeks until I finally caved.  The next day most of the sizes had sold out.  If only I'd waited another 24 hours!  (But I've actually been wearing these shoes and I love them.  Even the pair that squeaks incessantly.)

red Pesca

Thud it was.  It is the call of the siren. I was doing so incredibly good.  I cant believe it.  The bright side (creativity hahahaha) is that my purchase made me pull out other things I wasnt using and use them.  I have been enjoying using my mu lately so hopefully this will last.  I am getting the itchy fingers so I have to pull it back some. Someone mention rabbit hole.

Those red shoes are purty and fun.  Tell Alegria no more sales for a while.

I should probably turn my focus to shoes.  I really need shoes but for some reason dont want to go shop for them.  I have such a hard time with finding comfortable dress shoes. But, I am now desperate.

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

THUD!

red Pesca

Thud it was.  It is the call of the siren. I was doing so incredibly good.  I cant believe it.  The bright side (creativity hahahaha) is that my purchase made me pull out other things I wasnt using and use them.  I have been enjoying using my mu lately so hopefully this will last.  I am getting the itchy fingers so I have to pull it back some. Someone mention rabbit hole.

Those red shoes are purty and fun.  Tell Alegria no more sales for a while.

I should probably turn my focus to shoes.  I really need shoes but for some reason dont want to go shop for them.  I have such a hard time with finding comfortable dress shoes. But, I am now desperate.

Well I talked myself out of buying the Too Faced TS....but then somehow their really nice bronzer, blush palette, and a fun OPI polish got checked out. I thought about it before going to bed and cancelled it all. Reason for the change in heart was I wanted to get the IT TSV instead LOL.

so now the THUD is official for me. Bought the IT TSV but I know I would want to buy the new items at a later date to try them out so my "reasoning" was this is the cheapest way to try it now. Yep, gotta love how we justify the purchase.

I did also go to Ulta on mission to get the OPI polish I saw on HSN. It's super pretty pastel blue shade from their new line. They had Zoya polish on clearance - have always seen the raves here but never tried them. I picked up 2 colors that I don't have anything similar at home. They will look great on my fingers and toes! It was my first polish purchase in months? If not a year+? So I've been very good narrowing those purchases.