Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- DECEMBER!

I accept your expert advice on this important matter, @just bee. Champagne should be the drug of choice for many conditions, such as being awake for over 12 hours in a single day. Maybe 10.

It should be universally adopted as a nutritional supplement to dinner, or parhaps simply adopted as dinner.

It should accompany all exercise programs, post workout for the pain, or pre workout so the pain doesn't matter.

It makes shoes more comfortable, laughter more accessible, and human relationships more uplifting.

Health insurance should cover it.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

We also acquired a stray kitten and he's a tiny terror, but SO cute.  The vet says he will calm down in a couple of YEARS.  He's in the terrible two's stage right now and is terrorizing the dog.  Speaking of cat scat, the vet said that cat poop is like Tootsie Rolls to dogs and sure enough, our dog loves it.  We need to get one of those top-entry kitty litter boxes to keep the dog out. We can't have over a lot of people now (cat allergies), but that's ok.  Having pets is one of the best ways to teach responsibility to kids.  And having a warm, fuzzy body cuddle up next to me is THE BEST.  Who needs allergy-ridden humans, LOL.

They may look like Tootsie Rolls but they are, in fact, crack to a dog.  Not all dogs are susceptible to addiction, but this habit must be nipped in the bud.

When a dog stops receiving kisses or his family pushes his face away he will not realize it's because he has kitty crack stuck in his teeth.  You must save your dog from thinking his family has turned on him.

Intervention!  No more enabling!  No more crack snacks! Woman Wink

Oh my!  Yes, he only did it once.  The kitty lives in DD's room and gets to have play time with the rest of the family during the day.  His "personal items" are in DD's room so the doggy does not have free access to the kitty crack.  He just got by me once and that was it.  No more kitty crack.  Ew!

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!!  I hope everyone has a great day!

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

And to you, as well, aprilskies!  🎄

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

just bee, I'm not going to quote because this is getting ridiculously long.  Yes, the southwestern part of Utah is what we had in mind.  St. George area, although the old geezer prefers the smaller town of Hurricane. We should have gone there instead of moving here ten years ago.  As it is now, we're just too old and settled, so it's a moot point.  We both are struggling with some of life's everyday duties and I can't imagine trying to not only move cross-country, but deal with an entirely new area and lifestyle at this point in our lives.

I know what you mean about the weather.  It's probably the worst thing about living here.  The cool weather can't arrive too soon for me, but when it does, I end up cold now, wishing it would warm up. The old geezer always loved the heat--the hotter the better, humid or dry.  Now it gets hot and he melts.  As my mother always said, "Old age is not for sissies."  And we're not even that old yet.  

We've had a really mild year weatherwise.  Summer wasn't too hot and we had actual monsoons; fall/winter has not (yet) been too cold.  I left work yesterday morning in pea soup fog.  Fabulous when we have fog in the desert.

I sat next to a soon-to-be former coworker the other night and even though he has just accepted a sterling position at another local hospital, he's already got the i_t_c_h to relocate.  He wore a heavy jacket most of the night and looked at photos of Tucson online, wondering it if would be warm enough for him there.

I like four distinct seasons and I like living with the possibility of snow.  The tropics?  Not for me.  As much as I appreciate moisture and greenery, I respect the desert.  I've been west of the Mississippi since 1970 and even though I still consider myself a Midwestern girl, I have to accept that I am actually a Westerner.

And now I have to get away from this ASPCA commercial.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

We also acquired a stray kitten and he's a tiny terror, but SO cute.  The vet says he will calm down in a couple of YEARS.  He's in the terrible two's stage right now and is terrorizing the dog.  Speaking of cat scat, the vet said that cat poop is like Tootsie Rolls to dogs and sure enough, our dog loves it.  We need to get one of those top-entry kitty litter boxes to keep the dog out. We can't have over a lot of people now (cat allergies), but that's ok.  Having pets is one of the best ways to teach responsibility to kids.  And having a warm, fuzzy body cuddle up next to me is THE BEST.  Who needs allergy-ridden humans, LOL.

They may look like Tootsie Rolls but they are, in fact, crack to a dog.  Not all dogs are susceptible to addiction, but this habit must be nipped in the bud.

When a dog stops receiving kisses or his family pushes his face away he will not realize it's because he has kitty crack stuck in his teeth.  You must save your dog from thinking his family has turned on him.

Oh yes.  Cat crack/cra*.  My first introduction to this fascination came when we got our current pup.  Our last dog, who was here when the cat showed up, took little notice of the cat, let alone its bodily functions.  But this one, sheesh!  A delicacy beyond imagination.  Apparently even the litter sprinkles on top add to the savory flavor.  But then, this is a dog that delights in consuming every type of poop she can get her mouth around, except her own and her sister's.  Inevitably she wants to give you a big sloppy kiss right after a meal of some undetermined droppings she found on one of her daily forays around the property.

Animals are a trip, all right.

Okay, I'm back.  Our boy doesn't crave such delicacies, but he has things buried all over the yard.  Every now and then he'll go out and disappear for a while.  When he comes back inside his muzzle is covered with sand.

He feels obligated to relocate his treasures from time to time.  We do not discuss the nature of his... treasures... and we respect his need to maintain their burial places as he sees fit.

It's a dog thing.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

I accept your expert advice on this important matter, @just bee. Champagne should be the drug of choice for many conditions, such as being awake for over 12 hours in a single day. Maybe 10.

It should be universally adopted as a nutritional supplement to dinner, or parhaps simply adopted as dinner.

It should accompany all exercise programs, post workout for the pain, or pre workout so the pain doesn't matter.

It makes shoes more comfortable, laughter more accessible, and human relationships more uplifting.

Health insurance should cover it.

Brilliant!

Your post makes me regret that we didn't stock something sparkling for Christmas dinner.  I'll have to pour lager into a glass and pretend.

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Oh my!  Yes, he only did it once.  The kitty lives in DD's room and gets to have play time with the rest of the family during the day.  His "personal items" are in DD's room so the doggy does not have free access to the kitty crack.  He just got by me once and that was it.  No more kitty crack.  Ew!

I suppose it's like climbing Everest.  Once really is enough.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Ditto!

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas