Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

The tumbleweeds bring me down.  They're sharp and nasty.

Vinyl has been fun to watch.  I think there are only two episodes left.  I recognize those clothes...

Are we the only ones watching this?  I didn't see anything on the TV/Movies forum.  I found it sort of accidentally.

I watched the music channel over the weekend and saw a George Harrison tribute concert, a David Gilmour documentary and a 2006 concert, and a Killers concert.  David Bowie sang "Arnold Layne" with Gilmour and I haven't been able to get it out of my head.

Have you seen the Vinyl episode where "Bowie" makes an appearance?  Better start popping some corn...

I think this series is so new, I guess. I found it by accident on HBOgo and there was only the first epi. The title and the main actor caught my eye in the still shot.  I don't always remember his name but I do like him every time I see him in something. 

No, I haven't seen David Bowie yet.  I only watched the first two or three.  I wanted to give it some time to play out so I can watch as I like and not go week to week.  Yes, the clothes, lol. Really takes you back. 

I wonder how much truth is sprinkled throughout this show.   Mick Jagger is an exec producer. 

Fun to watch.  

Yes, he is.  And his son, James, has a substantial role in the series.  I think you should sit down and watch all the episodes as soon as possible and then have that anticipation phase before the series' conclusion.

Interesting "behind-the-scenes shake-up" article:

https://deadline.com/2016/04/vinyl-showrunner-terence-winter-exits-hbo-1201734449/

Sounds like we might just be the only ones watching. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:
I just checked on the Barn Owls. Dottie got up to eat the dinner that Dash brought to her and revealed that there are SIX eggs!! Woo hoo!!!!

I was hoping she'd stop at five.  She (if that really is Dottie) had six last year and the sixth egg never hatched.  Owlets four and five struggled.  The good news is that Dash has been honing his hunting skills, so as long as he can keep the family fed, I'll stay optimistic.

I was thinking just that.  I hope we do not have a repeat of last year.  Dash is very good at keeping Dottie fed.  He will be super busy once the owlets are here.  He can do it. Dash seems to be attentive.

The Barred Owl eggs should be hatching at any time.

Are we crazy bird ladies?

Yes.  Yes we are.  And I'm still not sure how this happened.

Hahaha, bird ladies.  Now you guys are scaring me. Smiley LOL

YOU'RE scared?  I was up at four checking in on the various nests, and when I saw that there were two barred owlets in the nest box, I almost called my supervisor at work to tell her to check them out.

This probably would have resulted in a meeting with the director and a recommendation to "talk to a professional."

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:
I just checked on the Barn Owls. Dottie got up to eat the dinner that Dash brought to her and revealed that there are SIX eggs!! Woo hoo!!!!

I was hoping she'd stop at five.  She (if that really is Dottie) had six last year and the sixth egg never hatched.  Owlets four and five struggled.  The good news is that Dash has been honing his hunting skills, so as long as he can keep the family fed, I'll stay optimistic.

I was thinking just that.  I hope we do not have a repeat of last year.  Dash is very good at keeping Dottie fed.  He will be super busy once the owlets are here.  He can do it. Dash seems to be attentive.

You're getting scared just now?  

Priceless!

Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

You're getting scared just now?  

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Hey, just bee!  Did you see that the condor egg hatched?  

Everything in the nests happens so quickly!  It's interesting that this is a foster chick (not to be confused with a Foster Farms chick).  The condors lost their original egg and a new egg was placed there for them.

I blinked and missed the barred owlet hatchings.  The Great Horned Owlets are so big now that they're feeding themselves and eyeing the branches.  They're getting ready to venture outside the nest.

To quote the 70s glam rock band Slade...

Mama weer all crazee now.

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Hey lovely crazy bird ladies!! I hope everyone is having a good week - we made it to the weekend!! woohooooo!

Why so many bird cameras? Why do we humans like watching birds hatch? Do any other animals get this kind of loving? These are the deep thoughts of the day LOL

This is my theory.  When I was doing my nursing clinicals in Labor & Delivery, the other students didn't get an opportunity to observe any births.  For some reason, I got to participate in two back-to-back deliveries.  My job was to hold the leg of the mother who was delivering.  I was up close and personal.  Too personal.

I've seen babies emerging from their moms -- feline, canine and now human.  It's messy and not very pretty.  Somehow a chick emerging from an egg is less traumatic.  Less... nauseating, perhaps?  Something about chowing down on the placenta... sorry.  Some of you may be trying to enjoy your corn flakes this morning.

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Ok so this week has been really full of temptations.

Bare Minerals - I bought their new eye palette. Yep. Eye shadows. Didn't need it but oh will I like looking at how pretty it is when it arrives.....I also bought their preorder duo powder. But to make me feel better - I did NOT buy their fake tanner which for some reason always interests me??? or their deluxe foundation with the pretty cover and brush that I already love. Does that even it all out? I only bought half of the temptations? I joke but in all seriousness, this is an improvement for me. Other years, I wouldn't have hesitated - all items would have been put into my cart and purchased ASAP.

Cute white sandals from HSN TS yesterday - I don't own any white sandals, have been tempted but never bought them. These had a super duper cute colored flower motif on the bottoms oh how I wanted them!!! I bought it...then thought about it....it was cancelled. I've learned from the past that I really don't wear platform shoes and I like sandals that have a back ankle strap. Score 1 for me! no purchase.

Isomers - since January, I've told myself that I'm on last bottle of their all-in-one serums that I really like and my skin loves it. Their special is that line. I bought 2 kits. 2. But once again, keeping it real, past years - I would have bought 4-5 since it was SUCH A GOOD DEAL!!! then they would sit around collecting dust to finally be used months if not year later.

I'm making progress. No I'm not perfect. But I'm doing a heck of a lot better than I did before!!! Thank you all for the continued support and fabulous advice!!!

That is a victory.  Getting into the habit of not thinking, "If I buy one, that's good.  If I buy five, that's even better!" is the first step.  I still stockpile (I am a child of Great Depression parents), but I only stockpile items that are tried and true.  That wasn't always the case.

If we can just break the habit of buying "a bunch" because of a sale price, or just picking up one in each color because they're cheap or cute or because it's what we've always done, then that's getting us one step closer to those fantasy, organized shelves and drawers that we see in magazines.

I opened a closet the other day and glanced at the countless bottles and tubes of B&BW lotions and body creams that haven't even been touched.  I thought I needed to swim in Vanilla Bean Noel so I went crazy and ordered a 20-year supply.  That I haven't used.

Same with all those seasonal scents I collected.  Little bottles of Sinful Vanilla and other Halloween scents.  Haven't used them.  And I have crocodile skin right now.  What does this mean?  I should be downright slippery with all the lotions I have around me.  Why am I not using them?

What have YOU collected that remains unused?

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I wonder how much truth is sprinkled throughout this show.   Mick Jagger is an exec producer. 

Fun to watch.  

Yes, he is.  And his son, James, has a substantial role in the series.  I think you should sit down and watch all the episodes as soon as possible and then have that anticipation phase before the series' conclusion.

https://deadline.com/2016/04/vinyl-showrunner-terence-winter-exits-hbo-1201734449/

Oh, interesting article.  I can see where this wouldn't have an out of the gate appeal. I was pulled in by the music and clothes and seeing behind the industry somewhat, especially around that era.  I am up to episode 4.  I went back and watched the last 10 mins of epi 2 because I couldn't remember where it left off. Looks like there will be a season 2.  Hopefully, they can pull this series off.  I think it could be very interesting. I like seeing this side of the music business and I am enjoying the music of back in the day. 

The documentaries you caught on the music channel are awesome.  I would love to see them, especially Gilmour's. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

YOU'RE scared?  I was up at four checking in on the various nests, and when I saw that there were two barred owlets in the nest box, I almost called my supervisor at work to tell her to check them out.

This probably would have resulted in a meeting with the director and a recommendation to "talk to a professional."

ROTF!!

Respected Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Ok so this week has been really full of temptations.

Bare Minerals - I bought their new eye palette. Yep. Eye shadows. Didn't need it but oh will I like looking at how pretty it is when it arrives.....I also bought their preorder duo powder. But to make me feel better - I did NOT buy their fake tanner which for some reason always interests me??? or their deluxe foundation with the pretty cover and brush that I already love. Does that even it all out? I only bought half of the temptations? I joke but in all seriousness, this is an improvement for me. Other years, I wouldn't have hesitated - all items would have been put into my cart and purchased ASAP.

Cute white sandals from HSN TS yesterday - I don't own any white sandals, have been tempted but never bought them. These had a super duper cute colored flower motif on the bottoms oh how I wanted them!!! I bought it...then thought about it....it was cancelled. I've learned from the past that I really don't wear platform shoes and I like sandals that have a back ankle strap. Score 1 for me! no purchase.

Isomers - since January, I've told myself that I'm on last bottle of their all-in-one serums that I really like and my skin loves it. Their special is that line. I bought 2 kits. 2. But once again, keeping it real, past years - I would have bought 4-5 since it was SUCH A GOOD DEAL!!! then they would sit around collecting dust to finally be used months if not year later.

I'm making progress. No I'm not perfect. But I'm doing a heck of a lot better than I did before!!! Thank you all for the continued support and fabulous advice!!!

Temptations are everywhere and it is difficult.  I want it all. You made some fun purchases and it sounds like you really curbed your spending overall.  So enjoy. That's really the goal.  Which palette did you purchase? I love palettes. They are so pretty. 

I did buy the semi sweet palette kit that was offered on hsn. I couldn't resist. But, that was only my second mu buy of the year so I am doing pretty good.  I will say though that good buys are hard to resist.  The good thing about this purchase is it made me start really using my mu again.  Not everyday but I am using it.

I have resisted buying skincare so far this year. First time ever. I was tempted by the Isomers kit but I resisted. I have so much of that brand and others as well. I would really like to get through what I have and start again with a clear head. I bought so much last year. This is one area I am determined to simplify and I hope I don't get weak this year as I always do.  We'll see.  So far, so good. 

Enjoy your purchases.  Share how you like them as you get to use them.  

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Fun to watch.  

Oh, interesting article.  I can see where this wouldn't have an out of the gate appeal. I was pulled in by the music and clothes and seeing behind the industry somewhat, especially around that era.  I am up to episode 4.  I went back and watched the last 10 mins of epi 2 because I couldn't remember where it left off. Looks like there will be a season 2.  Hopefully, they can pull this series off.  I think it could be very interesting. I like seeing this side of the music business and I am enjoying the music of back in the day. 

The documentaries you caught on the music channel are awesome.  I would love to see them, especially Gilmour's. 

I went online looking for the documentary and found some clips.  Turns out, there have been several Gilmour documentaries.  Not sure now which one I saw, but it featured interviews with his wife and a look at his homes -- one, an impressive mahogany houseboat.  Now I'm going old school and using my remote to check MTV's schedule.  Right now I'm on April 11 and I see they're repeating the Gilmour concert at the Royal Albert Hall (with David Bowie singing "Arnold Layne").  Check that one out.  Gilmour's voice is shockingly good.

These cable channels tend to repeat themselves: The documentary should show up again.  (If it does, I'll watch it again!)