Honored Contributor

Aprilskies -- tonight's the night!  My free HBO better not expire before tonight's Vinyl finale!

I'm hoping for a second season -- 1974.  Maybe Sparks will get a mention.  (Too obscure?)

Sparks

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Off topic question.

What was the BEST song the year you were born?

I gotta go with Bobby Darin and Mack the Knife.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

justbee- I loved your question "If it can't be used now, why do I have it?". That one really hit home for me for some reason. It just seems so stupid to buy stuff and then just have it sit here not be used. Or to keep old things here that aren't being used, and haven't been used for years. What a waste of money and space. Definitely food for thought. I have been trying to be more thoughtful with my purchases and just buying things that are necessary, but I still have a long ways to go. And I have been decluttering too, but I still have unnecessary items here. A work in progress, but  I'll keep working on it though!

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

justbee- I loved your question "If it can't be used now, why do I have it?". That one really hit home for me for some reason. It just seems so stupid to buy stuff and then just have it sit here not be used. Or to keep old things here that aren't being used, and haven't been used for years. What a waste of money and space. Definitely food for thought. I have been trying to be more thoughtful with my purchases and just buying things that are necessary, but I still have a long ways to go. And I have been decluttering too, but I still have unnecessary items here. A work in progress, but  I'll keep working on it though!

I'm sitting here looking at DVDs and VHS tapes that will never be watched again.  I don't have a VCR anymore.  I do have old cassette players -- and lots of old cassettes.  I have so much music but I rarely listen to my CDs.  I have boxes full of my old records.  Yes, I know they're making a comeback, but I wonder if they've warped in storage.

Every time I take the dog around the neighborhood, somebody's having a garage sale.  I should have one but I can't imagine anyone would want these things.

Oh, this is funny.  I DVR'd This Is Spinal Tap on 4/10/2015.  It's been a year and I haven't watched it.  My DVR is 70% full and I'm trying to watch some of what I've collected before the DVR dies (always dies as it fills up).  I just noticed I have This Is Spinal Tap on DVD.

I guess I can delete one.  Cool.  Now I'm down to 69%.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Aprilskies -- tonight's the night!  My free HBO better not expire before tonight's Vinyl finale!

I'm hoping for a second season -- 1974.  Maybe Sparks will get a mention.  (Too obscure?)

Sparks

Sparks, Omgosh.  You have such a great memory.  I barely remember names of songs much less the bands. 

I will catch the finale tomorrow on HBOgo. I am going to have my popcorn ready. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Off topic question.

There were so many, but one is Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Sparks

Sparks, Omgosh.  You have such a great memory.  I barely remember names of songs much less the bands. 

I will catch the finale tomorrow on HBOgo. I am going to have my popcorn ready. 

My memory isn't what it used to be, but my head is still filled with trivia.  The other day I couldn't remember my QVC forum password.  Just went totally blank.  But I can remember the theme music for Garrison's Gorillas and The Rat Patrol.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Off topic question.

I went ahead and posted this question on the TV and Movies forum.  I'm thinking about posting one for the year you graduated from high school.  Now that one will be tricky for me because there were some really god-awful songs in 1977.

Respected Contributor

So, in my quest to use things up, I put a primer out in rotation. I don't really use primers but I have them and figured I would use them up. I tried yesterday and the texture changed. I even shook it.  Straight to garbage hardly used.  I am going to reorganize my products once again and set up a product project pan.  I did it before but lost sight.  I will put one together again.  

This is nothing new but it dawned on me today again, is that, I have no problem spending so much money on stuff that goes straight into the garbage but things that would give me an experience I always think are too expensive.  Where is the logic?    ....so crazy! 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Off topic question.

I went ahead and posted this question on the TV and Movies forum.  I'm thinking about posting one for the year you graduated from high school.  Now that one will be tricky for me because there were some really god-awful songs in 1977.

Wow, HS, now I have to figure out the year and look up some of the songs. Lol.