Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- February

I just want to say how much I love the Compact thread each month. I read every post and appreciate what you all have to say about simplifying our lives. I especially appreciate JustBee. I don't know her, obviously, but I really like her!

I wanted to mention a new blog I have found that has helped me enormously this month called Recovering Shopoholic.com. He insights on this site has helped me get rid of 10 bags of clothing and shoes this month; I could not have done it without all of her tips and links to other websites about decluttering and minimizing the stuff in our lives.

PS--I don't need any jewelry; I am stuffed to the gills right now and love all of my jewelry. Thus the silver bonanza sale is not even tempting me today.

Respected Contributor

On 2/26/2015 DL2843 said: Hello all, tomorrow I close on the house. The biggest birthday present I have ever gotten myself. Makes me begin to wonder how I will top it 10 years from now when I hit the big 6-0. I have bought very little since I am saving for the house. I did get a Josie Maran AD. I am thrilled because I used up 3/5 products before this AD arrived. The argon oil itself will get used soon. The hold out is the one make-up piece which I only use 1-2 times a week. Happy end of February.
Congrats and good luck with your home. You must be so excited.
Respected Contributor

This weekend, I am finally going to take the donation box I have had on my table of random stuff to Good Will. I have been filling the box as I went along but now it is time to get it out. Sometimes I dont think there is a end to this.

Also, no impulsive purchases this weekend. I need to start pulling it back a bit. I do want to try a physicians formula foundation so I may or may not buy that. The foundations I have don't work for me but I am going to test them out again this weekend and if I can make them work, I won't buy it.

I bought a couple of new shadow palettes lately and have discovered that all the colors just start looking the same on my eyes. I really can't that much of a difference. I love palettes, they are so pretty but I just don't have the "shadow" eyes. But, I am not returning them. I will use it as a lesson when I see another palette and start drooling.

I was going to put myself on a no mu and skincare buy for the rest of the year but decided to make it a low buy. So far, my no buy declarations haven't been working. But, I will make an effort to only replace what I need.

Yes, one by one until it's done....... I am going to line up the products to focus on this weekend and put them in a basket.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I am really looking forward to it. It has been a stressful week.
Respected Contributor

On 2/26/2015 just bee said:
On 2/24/2015 aprilskies said:

I do need to start using things up though. I am tired of looking at certain jars and bottles and plus things are starting to get old too. I have a few dermabrasion scrubs that I don't want to use on my face, I am done with harsh scrubs, and will use on my feet and legs. One is almost empty so that shouldn't take much to finish. I have to go back to the 1 by 1 until it is done rule and really make an effort to use things.

ONE BY ONE UNTIL THEY'RE DONE. Just keep that in your head. Make it your mantra. I don't know why I ever thought I needed shower gels in every scent and to match them to my mood. The time I wasted wondering if I felt flowery or fruity, herby or woodsy. Now that I have ONE bottle in the shower and ONE bottle at the sink I can actually see how quickly I can use up ONE product.

All together now:

ONE singular sensation...

Ha Ha singular sensation, now this will be in my head for the day.
Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 DL2843 said: Hello all, tomorrow I close on the house. The biggest birthday present I have ever gotten myself. Makes me begin to wonder how I will top it 10 years from now when I hit the big 6-0.

Somethin' small and sporty.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2015 aprilskies said:
On 2/26/2015 just bee said:
On 2/24/2015 aprilskies said:

I do need to start using things up though. I am tired of looking at certain jars and bottles and plus things are starting to get old too. I have a few dermabrasion scrubs that I don't want to use on my face, I am done with harsh scrubs, and will use on my feet and legs. One is almost empty so that shouldn't take much to finish. I have to go back to the 1 by 1 until it is done rule and really make an effort to use things.

ONE BY ONE UNTIL THEY'RE DONE. Just keep that in your head. Make it your mantra. I don't know why I ever thought I needed shower gels in every scent and to match them to my mood. The time I wasted wondering if I felt flowery or fruity, herby or woodsy. Now that I have ONE bottle in the shower and ONE bottle at the sink I can actually see how quickly I can use up ONE product.

All together now:

ONE singular sensation...

Ha Ha singular sensation, now this will be in my head for the day.

I know, I know!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2015 dperry said:

I just want to say how much I love the Compact thread each month. I read every post and appreciate what you all have to say about simplifying our lives. I especially appreciate JustBee. I don't know her, obviously, but I really like her!

And here we are -- it's already the end of the month!

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.

-- Khalil Gibran

Regular Contributor

Small and sporty---- hmmmm----- small definitely fits the compact philosophy.
Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2015 DL2843 said: Small and sporty---- hmmmm----- small definitely fits the compact philosophy.

Precisely!