Respected Contributor
On 5/8/2014 Caffeina said:
On 5/8/2014 aprilskies said: Alright ladies. I have been toying about buying a pressure cooker. I have always wanted one. I have so many small kitchen appliances and wouldn't even know where to keep it but I love the idea of one pot meals. You don't have to soak beans, etc. I would love to make soups in an hour. But I I am holding off. I just don't know if it just sounds good, then once I get it it will sit happily on my shelf. The mind is a tricky place. Maybe if I do decide to get it, I will need to get rid of some appliances. Always something to entice you.

I've never been much of a cook, but I love using my pressure cooker! Got it from Walmart.com. I decided to get one last year after watching several presentations on QVC & HSN. I make pasta dishes most of the time, but also make a lot of soup. I'll make things like ribs and pork for my husband too. Not much of a meat eater myself. I do have a place to store it, but I use it so much it hardly ever gets stored. I have a small kitchen, and when I'm done with it I usually end up moving it to a table in another room. What's great about an electric pressure cooker is that you can pretty much set it and walk away. No bothering with watching and stirring a pot on the stove.

Dosey, you don't have to worry about them exploding. Years ago when stovetop pressure cooking was in its heyday, there were a lot of companies that started making cheap low quality products. They exploded and ruptured, and that's how pressure cookers earned a bad reputation.

Thanks for the review, Caffeina Yea, I like the thought of it for sure. I hate the fact when you are making soup you are tied to the stove for so long or anything else for that matter. I like the fact you can walk away, and the fact you don't have to soak things first is a plus. These cookers look as if they would really be handy. I was looking at the instant pot. It also serves as a slow cooker. Not that I use my slow cooker, but an all in one isn't bad. I will think about it a little bit more. I would hate for another appliance to be relegated to the shelf wasteland.
Honored Contributor

Yes, but what is that on the carpet behind him?

Did he just lift a beer?

You scratch my back...

Happy Saturday, everyone! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

Bring the wagon! I'm ready to join the Compact!!!

Contributor

Happy Mother's Day!

Honored Contributor
On 5/10/2014 kittykatmom2 said:

Bring the wagon! I'm ready to join the Compact!!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor