Contributor
On 3/9/2014 Caffeina said:

That was me. Happy to hear it helped inspire you too!

Thank you Caffeina! I'm glad you saw my posting. I really enjoyed reading the book and it did help inspire me to finally get moving on some clearing up!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a credit card which I pay in full each month. I went online and got the purchase amount for each month. The goal is to make the monthly statement balance less. I put utilities, purchases, etc on this card because of the rewards. An unnecessary purchase represents money and that money not spent is a reward in itself.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Any plans for March 17?

I'll be working that day, so we're moving the holiday to Sunday. Better-half has all the ingredients ready for corned beef and cabbage, and instead of a bagged brisket from Costco, we scored ours from our local butcher.

All I have to do is supply the Guinness.

Can you believe we're halfway through March? Spring sprung here weeks ago -- we even had some rain yesterday.

I'm starting early -- having a mug of Barry's tea right now. Nope, I'm not Irish, but I always like having a reason to celebrate. (This calls for some Peter O'Toole.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

No plans for March 17 except it is the day I was supposed to get my new HVAC replacement....and heat...but snow is looming. Tonight makes 17 nights without heat.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor
On 3/15/2014 KonaKat said:

No plans for March 17 except it is the day I was supposed to get my new HVAC replacement....and heat...but snow is looming. Tonight makes 17 nights without heat.

How many cats are under the blankies with you?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm in super slo-mo, but I finally got around to something I've been thinking about for decades. (I have to weigh these new ideas carefully.)

After doing laundry, I was taking clean scrubs and shirts to the closet and noticed a theme. Blue, red, gray, black. So I took a few minutes to hang all the black items together, then the reds, then the grays, and then the blues.

I now have half of one closet color-coded.

I have to ask myself why I have so many items in these colors.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/16/2014 just bee said:
On 3/15/2014 KonaKat said:

How many cats are under the blankies with you?

How many cats under the blanket? Zero! I have one big black cat who snugged beside me on top of the blanket. We are under a storm warning with snow predicted, so the HVAC may not be installed tomorrow. What is one more day and night?

I made it through yesterday without buying the WEN TSV. I really like WEN and this was a fabulous deal. I have WEN on hand, however, and I received a big WEN gift collection for Christmas. I did use a 30% off and free shipping code to order a $150+ electric blanket from Kohls. I don't really need it now but after this Winter, this could come in handy in the future. I tried to buy one when the heat went out but there were none available in the city. All had sold out by Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/16/2014 just bee said:

I'm in super slo-mo, but I finally got around to something I've been thinking about for decades. (I have to weigh these new ideas carefully.)

After doing laundry, I was taking clean scrubs and shirts to the closet and noticed a theme. Blue, red, gray, black. So I took a few minutes to hang all the black items together, then the reds, then the grays, and then the blues.

I now have half of one closet color-coded.

I have to ask myself why I have so many items in these colors.

Color coding is a great way to see what you have in a specific color, and perhaps motivate you not to buy another in that color but perhaps, instead, add another color. I gravitate toward black, grey, red, and intense blues. I don't do well with pastels.

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

I think I've finally turned the corner on buying beauty products. Ulta keeps sending me catalogs and items are just foreign to me. Now that I've found basic products that work for me, I have little desire to try new things.

The only area where I might try a new formula is shampoo and conditioner. I still look forward to showering with Aveda hair products (never tire of the scents), but my shower gels annoy me. I just want to use up all these bottles and make them go away. I don't even look at my philosophy or B&BW email. Delete, delete, delete.

I thought I'd make a real dent in the lotion collection over the winter but I can count on one hand how many times I actually used lotion. Ridiculous!

I started tossing old bottles last week. Now when I get the urge, I act on it.

One by one...