Honored Contributor
On 3/2/2014 Caffeina said:

Moving on into my eight month of no home fragrance, bath & body, and beauty products no buy. I've only had to buy mascara, since I replace every three months.

Even with all the time that's passed, my stash is going down very slowly.

Ain't it the truth? Makes you wonder why you ever felt that you had to have more.

I had purchased a pure grace buffing wash years ago and there was controversy on the philosophy forum because so many of the ladies had received "bad" bottles. Their product had turned and had become pretty foul.

Mine never turned. So, after all these years, I decided to use it at the sink as a "scrubby" hand soap because it had such a strong pure grace fragrance.

I probably had 9 ounces left in the 16-ounce bottle and guess what? It finally turned. In a big way. I had to toss it.

It's just so stupid to collect all these items. I still have enough shower gel to last at least five more years. Maybe more. Insanity! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 3/2/2014 lynnie61 said:

The only beauty item I have to purchase soon is mascara. May buy one (finally used all the GWP mascara's I had), and try to make it to May-June for the 5 or 10 pack of Mally Mascara's. I may try the Full and Soft mascara noted above. Carry on ladies. One by one until they are done. Thanks, just bee for keeping us on track. The money I have saved is astonishing! No more mindless purchases. Also, no more "saving" the good stuff. Using it and enjoying it daily.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Happy First Sunday in March, ComPactors!

Life is still horribly stressful here - I feel like I'm being hit over the head with a sledgehammer. Repeatedly.

So... I am going to see if I can make my goals as simple as possible for March.

My priority is to survive & hang onto my health. I've added deep breathing, and plan to add yoga and meditation. I'm finding that just getting outside is calming & helpful. These things will make it possible to accomplish other things...

ORC:

I need to finish my February ORC - the living room. Then I'll move on to the kitchen.

Hit List:

The only thing really on my Hit List is a few body butters/hand creams. Too many open ones. I'd like to finish up a few.

I'll finish up my last open shower gel this month. I have one unopened one and, when I get to it, I think I'll also stick a bar of soap in the shower as a second option. I think I have a couple from a farmers market. I don't have so much left that I need to hurry & use them up.

I'll probably use up one or two hair products - conditioner & a leave-in treatment. If I do, I will need to replace them.

With most of my products, my main goal is just to use them. I started putting things where I would be most likely to use them a month or so ago & that really does help. Things stuck in the medicine cabinet just never get used.

Shopping:

I am planning to buy only things I run out of. I should not need any makeup or skincare products. I am not planning to indulge in any beauty "wants."

I ordered a pair of badly needed shoes (HSN TS Easy Spirits) but have not received them yet. I sure hope they fit!

I'll probably get some summer clothes by the end of the month. I'm hoping to keep most of the spending down by using my CWC Groupon deals & money from consignment sales.

I'm not planning any unnecessary spending in any area. I could use some organizing products but I think it might be best to wait a while. Who knows what ideas I might come up with while working on my ORCs?

Honored Contributor

I should also attempt not to slam doors so loudly it scares the neighbors...or do other similar things. Screaming at the top of my lungs to relieve stress is probably a bad idea, too. lol...

Trusted Contributor
On 3/2/2014 Caffeina said:

Moving on into my eight month of no home fragrance, bath & body, and beauty products no buy. I've only had to buy mascara, since I replace every three months.

I have to correct myself. I also ordered some Paula's Choice items during her recent sale. But it was for items I use and needed.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't buy anything other than food, med, gasoline or other essentials in January and February. On March 1, I bought a microwave as mine was giving signs of giving up the ghost. I wanted the microwave before the other one died, as I had no desire to make a special trip of 120 miles round trip just to get a microwave. On the same day, I went to Walmart and picked up some food items to replenish items used up. I left with a bill of $69.

I plan to continue watching the spending March. The projected cost of replacing the HVAC with labor included is expected to be around $5,000. Right now, we are having limited travel for emergency only because of the ice and snow storm. It was a losing battle trying to keep the main roads clear. We are expected to reach near zero tonight.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor
On 3/2/2014 willdob3 said:

I should also attempt not to slam doors so loudly it scares the neighbors...or do other similar things. Screaming at the top of my lungs to relieve stress is probably a bad idea, too. lol...

I'm intrigued...

I've found a good way to relieve stress. When I get the urge to listen to music I'll find the song on YouTube. I can find entire albums there. Sometimes there are videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnB4spzCVEc

Trusted Contributor

Wow! You all are doing so well! Today, I went to Target. I bought a package of white tees for DS (he outgrew his), deodorant for DH, contact lens solution, and Daughtry's latest CD. I stayed away from the areas that tempt me.

Last Sunday was beautiful. About 70 degrees and sunny. We took the kids downtown to enjoy the weather before the next cold front. Our downtown was voted one of the prettiest in the country, and I have to agree. Main Street is lined with trees and lampposts. At one end, we have a beautiful park with a waterfall. Across from that is the baseball stadium. There is a center for performing arts, a small ice skating rink, restaurants, sculptures, condos, etc. Some of the retail businesses are local, and others are national, like Brooks Brothers and Anthropologie. There are some boutiques that I love because they have clothing I cannot find in any mall. I stayed strong and bought nothing.

While we were there, the funniest thing happened. We were walking on the main sidewalk. It was crowded but not uncomfortable. I was looking at the people passing us when I saw a power chair racing toward us at breakneck speed. The woman riding it was darting around the pedestrians. She sped around the man walking near me. Just as she passed the man, she pulled in front of him and zipped by me. The man jumped and started laughing. DH asked if I saw the expression on the woman's face. I asked how could I have missed it. This woman looked very ticked off. Way beyond annoyed. Here's the funny thing. She was a nun! I told DH that he's heard of h-ll on wheels. Well, there went heaven on wheels.

Monday was a stinko day. My stomach hurt all day, and I had body aches. I went to the store and bought groceries plus X-14. The sprayer must have been loose because it got on my shirt and ruined it. Also, DS lost his glasses. We looked everywhere, but I finally had to take him to school without them. As we were driving to school, he remembered taking them off in DH's car on the way home on Sunday. He said they were probably in the car. That would have been okay if DH had not parked his car at the airport before leaving for a tradeshow in Las Vegas. Fortunately, DH knew exactly where he parked. After school, DS and I drove to the airport and found the car easily. There were the glasses in the backseat.

This week, I am going to clean all of the cabinets in the house. Every few months, I use lemon oil, an old toothbrush, and a cloth to get all of the dust and buildup off. Then, the kids and I will go through their spring/summer clothes and see what does and doesn't fit. They love doing this {sarcasm}.

What are you all doing this week?

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

dup.

Paws and enjoy life.
Esteemed Contributor

Nothing new here. I'm just trying to continue my new habit of buying only what is essential. I did hit the bottom of my bottle of liquid foundation so I replaced it. I'm a big spender on foundation. I've found that Cover Girl works extremely well for me...and I've tried the high priced ones. I do like Laura Geller's blush and eye shadows as they really are long lasting on me when I apply them.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.