Respected Contributor
I find myself in the same place, Bee, except I haven't found the products that I love. But that is okay because at least I don't have this need to chase the latest and greatest and that feels good. Wow, I envy the fact you don't need lotion in the winter. I am so tired of slathering it on it's not even funny, but my skin is so dry. I too can't wait to get through all the bottles and jars of all these products. At least my bath stuff is at a controllable level except for all of the bar soap I have.

I did just buy some mu recently, I don't even know why since I havent been wearing it, but Its interesting, I don't feel that same excitement I use to feel. It really is funny how the mindset changes.

My ORC is not going so well. I am finding staying focused on paperwork challenging so I am done with it and will just do it slowly instead of trying to be so focused. I did a lot of decluttering last year and some this year so I do feel I am in a good place in that respect. I will work on getting rid of more stuff but just not with the same intensity. I reached a saturation point and am no longer going to be focused on it. I will do it in spurts now.

We are halfway through March. How is everyone doing?

Trusted Contributor

Hi, everyone. ComPacting is going well.

DD's friend is having a birthday party. She loves makeup, and her mother lets her wear it at home for fun. DD said that she doesn't have a lot of it, mainly nail polishes, so I thought she would like one of those kits that Ulta has. They are inexpensive because the makeup is not a name brand. I went to Ulta at lunchtime and found that they rearranged the store. Ulta added a dedicated section for Lancome (as if we needed another place to buy Lancome) and enlarged the Bare Minerals section. It seems like they put the rest of the prestige brand makeup wherever they could fit it. The nail polish displays were a mess. The traffic flow is difficult because the display shelves and tables have been placed in different directions. Anyway, there were no makeup kits. The SA told me that they haven't had any since Christmas. DD and I will go to Target this weekend and see if we can find something.

I don't think I have turned the corner like you, just bee, but I am nearing it. When I was in Ulta, I thought I would have fun and try on some lip glosses. None of them wowed me. In fact, I did not find anything from the prestige brands that I "had to have". Then, I looked at the drugstore glosses. Several brands were BOGO 50% off. This meant that two tubes would be less than $10. I wish I could remember the ComPacter who said that she wasn't going to buy expensive lip glosses anymore, but I have to agree with her. I'm not, either. Truthfully, I am just sick of spending so much money on cosmetics. I am also tired of being disappointed and let down when it doesn't turn out to be "all that". Trying the newest thing is losing its appeal.

Big news! My shampoo and conditioner search is over. I opened Aussie Clean Shampoo and Conditioner. These were purchased from the grocery store. I saw them on the clearance rack and had to have them because the name implied that they were just a basic shampoo and conditioner. Well, I finally got around to using them, and they are fabulous!! My hair is clean and bouncy. It is not over-moisturized. It is not coated with stuff to volumize it. It is just perfect. And as an unexpected bonus, my hair is really easy to comb when wet. I have a ton of wavy hair that is usually a mess after washing but no more. Because my grocery store no longer carries it, I checked on-line to see where I could buy it. Thankfully, Wal-Mart carries it. The name has changed from Confidently Clean to Aussomely Clean and is about $5 each for a large bottle with a pump. Yippee!!

Aprilskies, I am with you when it comes to lotion. This winter, my skin has never been drier and more irritated. A few weeks ago, I had to start using Cortizone 10 on my back and decollete because the itchiness was so bad. That stuff is great!

I have been thinking about how little I spent on clothing over the past few months. It is really remarkable. DH has noticed, too. I told him about what I did buy and how I was cutting back and instilling some discipline into my spending habits. There were times when I was fed up with cutting back and really wanted to shop, but honestly, I do not feel like I missed out on anything. When I had to go somewhere special, I had something to wear already in my closet. This spring and summer, I am going to continue with "thoughtful spending". I might even sprinkle in a no buy here and there.

My ORC is on hold. I have been out of sorts lately and unable to concentrate. Trying to complete my ORC is a nightmare, so I am taking a break. Do you ever feel out of it? Just a few minutes ago, I started dinner. I thought something was wrong with my stove because the burning was not heating. Well, it would have helped to turn on the burner. Duh! See? Out of sorts.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

This thread has really made a difference in my life. Thank you, just bee, for starting it and keeping it going.

Paws and enjoy life.
Super Contributor

I just "discovered" a new lip treatment from PTR, bought it and love it. Of course I have a dozen lipsticks already, but this one really is different. So, I know I splurged, but did I cheat? Hmmm.... Meanwhile, I love it that i now know everything I have in my "inventory" of personal and household products. I still have a few items where I'm overstocked (can you spell "Wen?"), but I use it so I'll get to it eventually. Last week, I pared down my household cleaning products. For a while, I was buying specialized products for many different things, but now I have figured out a few basics and gotten rid of the rest. I feel much relieved. Now, the feeling that I have more than I need makes me uneasy. Know what I mean?

Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2014 aprilskies said:I find myself in the same place, Bee, except I haven't found the products that I love. But that is okay because at least I don't have this need to chase the latest and greatest and that feels good. Wow, I envy the fact you don't need lotion in the winter. I am so tired of slathering it on it's not even funny, but my skin is so dry.I too can't wait to get through all the bottles and jars of all these products. At least my bath stuff is at a controllable level except for all of the bar soap I have.

I did just buy some mu recently, I don't even know why since I havent been wearing it, but Its interesting, I don't feel that same excitement I use to feel. It really is funny how the mindset changes.

My ORC is not going so well. I am finding staying focused on paperwork challenging so I am done with it and will just do it slowly instead of trying to be so focused. I did a lot of decluttering last year and some this year so I do feel I am in a good place in that respect. I will work on getting rid of more stuff but just not with the same intensity. I reached a saturation point and am no longer going to be focused on it. I will do it in spurts now.

We are halfway through March. How is everyone doing?

1. I didn't say I didn't need it! In fact, this has been the driest winter in recent memory and my skin is drier than ever. That's why I'm so frustrated. I have the products, I need to use the products, but I'm still not using the products. Go figure. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

2. Precisely! When you start to feel that change and it becomes easier to avoid collecting items you don't need, it's just so strange. I was going to order some Aveda shampoo and conditioner, but the thought is actually painful. I can't stand the idea of bringing two more items into the house, even though I finished a tube of conditioner last night. I'm thinking it would be less annoying to just go get a super short cut and continue to use what I have, then go ahead and buy replacement products later. Yeah... that's what I'll do. (My hair is dry this winter, too! That's why I'm drinking fish oil!)

3. Spurts works. Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2014 Dosey said:

I don't think I have turned the corner like you, just bee, but I am nearing it. When I was in Ulta, I thought I would have fun and try on some lip glosses. None of them wowed me. Then, I looked at the drugstore glosses. Several brands were BOGO 50% off. I wish I could remember the ComPacter who said that she wasn't going to buy expensive lip glosses anymore, but I have to agree with her. I'm not, either. Truthfully, I am just sick of spending so much money on cosmetics. I am also tired of being disappointed and let down when it doesn't turn out to be "all that". Trying the newest thing is losing its appeal.

Big news! My shampoo and conditioner search is over. I opened Aussie Clean Shampoo and Conditioner. These were purchased from the grocery store. I saw them on the clearance rack and had to have them because the name implied that they were just a basic shampoo and conditioner. It is just perfect. Thankfully, Wal-Mart carries it. The name has changed from Confidently Clean to Aussomely Clean and is about $5 each for a large bottle with a pump. Yippee!!

Aprilskies, I am with you when it comes to lotion. This winter, my skin has never been drier and more irritated. A few weeks ago, I had to start using Cortizone 10 on my back and decollete because the itchiness was so bad. That stuff is great!

I have been thinking about how little I spent on clothing over the past few months. It is really remarkable. DH has noticed, too. I told him about what I did buy and how I was cutting back and instilling some discipline into my spending habits. There were times when I was fed up with cutting back and really wanted to shop, but honestly, I do not feel like I missed out on anything. When I had to go somewhere special, I had something to wear already in my closet. This spring and summer, I am going to continue with "thoughtful spending". I might even sprinkle in a no buy here and there.

My ORC is on hold. I have been out of sorts lately and unable to concentrate. Trying to complete my ORC is a nightmare, so I am taking a break. Do you ever feel out of it? Just a few minutes ago, I started dinner. I thought something was wrong with my stove because the burning was not heating. Well, it would have helped to turn on the burner. Duh! See? Out of sorts.

Again, spurts works. The mess didn't happen in a day, so why do we pressure ourselves to make it disappear overnight? Address one thing at a time. That will soon become a habit and you'll see that the room is already looking better. That will give you the encouragement to address another thing. Just keeping the counters in the kitchen and bathrooms uncluttered makes a huge difference.

Yes, I know the "out of sorts" feeling. I always think of it as my mind and body sending me a message to just stop what I'm doing and take a break to analyze my current situation. This is the best time to take the dog out for a long walk and just think about things. What's the issue? What can I do to address it? Why am I letting it get in the way of feeling all right about things? Sometimes it requires a change. Something has to stop and something new needs to begin. Start walking and let me know what you come up with.

Congrats on the Aussie stuff. Finding dependable products is such a relief.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2014 Kay SD said:

I feel much relieved. Now, the feeling that I have more than I need makes me uneasy. Know what I mean?

YES! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2014 Dosey said:

This thread has really made a difference in my life. Thank you, just bee, for starting it and keeping it going.

Valued Contributor

Wow! I'm finally able to get back on and navigate the site!

Anyway, I thought I'd post a PSA about the Kiss My Face recall (foaming soap).

Honored Contributor

It's SPRING!