Honored Contributor
On 7/14/2014 Beauty$Junkie said:

I am still with you all and so appreciate all your comments. I still have so much stuff but continue to be a work in progress. I have not bought any beauty items this year, and just a few clothing items. I did make my own baby wipes using baby wash I had, boiled water and coconut oil. I cut a roll of Bounty paper towels in half and put it in a Folgers coffee container. It works great, I had the baby wash on hand, and no irritants that are often in the other wipes. I found someone wanting my golf clubs so they are going out of the garage. One day at a time. I am using what I have, as I can't bear to throw it out and start over again. Good luck to all of you. My husband has been so patient with all my stuff, also, and that has really helped not to beat myself up over all these purchases. I am encouraged when I see a 32 oz body wash standing on end. Crazy, I know.

I know exactly the feeling you mean. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
So, my latest light bulb moment was this morning. It occurred to me how easy it is to lose sight of habits you want to create. Just this morning as I was emptying the dishwasher, it occurred to me I forgot all about the "15 minutes" and a host of other things. Yet, researching what to buy next and the best price is always on top of the mind. The mind is a tragic thing to waste. LOL So, back to the 15 mins.....
Trusted Contributor

I am doing great on not buying any makeup or skincare. It has been a month since I bought anything. I got rid of many of my clothes again, another serious purge. I bought a lot more clothes this year to replace the old ones because my breasts went up a size and most of my tops became too short. I think that the problem is Talbots. I don't have a length problem with my other brands, but I am seeing that Talbots tops are too short. I do not like my tops to be shorter than 24". I am only 5'1'', but I like to cover my middle. I also bought a lot of Clarks this summer because I have problem with my right foot with the bone and I can't wear shoes without any padding. I had many of those shoes for years and they needed to go.

Also, as we age our style changes. I do not like to look sloppy I like to look a little dressy casual and some of my old clothes just did not suit me anymore. I donated them to my church. I also found out that I am a soft summer deep and I got rid of the warm colors that clashed with my skin tone. I think I look better. I also like having less stuff that I was not wearing. I bought a lot of linen items this year for the first time and I cannot believe how classic and cool they are.

I may not post all of the time, but I read every single post and I appreciate Just Bee and Dosey. I sure wish you lived near me.

Contributor

bump

Regular Contributor
Hello All, I have been off visiting family. I had a great time. My church is having a rummage sale so I am trying to motivate myself to go through my stuff. I am still focused on using up my beauty stash. I found it was much easier last year when I was on a strict no buy. This year I need to replenish items that are running out and shopping for one opens up the desire to shop for more.
Honored Contributor
On 7/17/2014 aprilskies said: So, my latest light bulb moment was this morning. It occurred to me how easy it is to lose sight of habits you want to create. Just this morning as I was emptying the dishwasher, it occurred to me I forgot all about the "15 minutes" and a host of other things. Yet, researching what to buy next and the best price is always on top of the mind. The mind is a tragic thing to waste. LOL So, back to the 15 mins.....

That 15-minute rule really works. It's surprising how many things we avoid because we think they will take an hour or more of our time.

But I don't have time right now to water all the houseplants!

But if I take 15 minutes... whoa! Look at that! It didn't take an hour after all -- and now I'm done!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 DL2843 said: Hello All, I have been off visiting family. I had a great time. My church is having a rummage sale so I am trying to motivate myself to go through my stuff. I am still focused on using up my beauty stash. I found it was much easier last year when I was on a strict no buy. This year I need to replenish items that are running out and shopping for one opens up the desire to shop for more.

I buy the bulk of my "staple" items online and wait for a sale before I purchase replacements. And then I'll only buy the items I need.

Go in, get the item, and get out. Once you start browsing... well, you know what happens.

Honored Contributor
On 7/17/2014 dperry said:

I am doing great on not buying any makeup or skincare. It has been a month since I bought anything. I got rid of many of my clothes again, another serious purge. I bought a lot more clothes this year to replace the old ones because my breasts went up a size and most of my tops became too short. I think that the problem is Talbots. I don't have a length problem with my other brands, but I am seeing that Talbots tops are too short. I do not like my tops to be shorter than 24". I am only 5'1'', but I like to cover my middle. I also bought a lot of Clarks this summer because I have problem with my right foot with the bone and I can't wear shoes without any padding. I had many of those shoes for years and they needed to go.

Also, as we age our style changes. I do not like to look sloppy I like to look a little dressy casual and some of my old clothes just did not suit me anymore. I donated them to my church. I also found out that I am a soft summer deep and I got rid of the warm colors that clashed with my skin tone. I think I look better. I also like having less stuff that I was not wearing. I bought a lot of linen items this year for the first time and I cannot believe how classic and cool they are.

I may not post all of the time, but I read every single post and I appreciate Just Bee and Dosey. I sure wish you lived near me.

I still can't figure out what "color" I am. I think if I knew I'd be able to create that small, basic wardrobe I've always fantasized about. So much of our closets are strange and foreign. There have been times that I've gone through my closets and looked objectively at some of the items I've purchased, and all I can wonder is this:

When was I doing meth?

I seriously have no other explanation for some of the things I find in there.

Oh, and think how cool it would be if we all lived on the same block. I can see it now: The cul-de-sac sale of the century.

Respected Contributor
Just bee--- that comic CRACKED ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Respected Contributor
Ok, I'll jump in. Not much going on this week. I did succumb to some a Wet N Wild lipstick (I've been liking a brighter lip for summer), and it set me back about $8 for 5 of them, but, yes, I ADDED to my stash. Grrrrr. I need to go through my closet. Most of what I have, I like and wear, but there are always a few stragglers. Smiley Wink I've done pretty well on the rest of my purchasing lately. I bought some AL hair, skin, nails vits. I've been wanting to try some for a while, as I'm trying to grow my hair out some (it's just below my collarbone, and I want it a few inches longer), and they were the TS, so I'm giving it a whirl. I really hope they work. I also need to go through the linen / medicine closet. Just get rid of a few things and reorganize. Other than that, it's pretty organized around here. Well, except my bathroom, but that always seems to be a work in progress. I'll probably have to wait til next month to tackle that, as I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me. I'm going to make a list tonight of what needs to be done, and just tackle them as I can. Duh. That's a concept!! Ok, I need to hit the hay. I've got something all day tomorrow, and I'm gonna need my rest!!