Valued Contributor

The other day I tried a couple of conditioner samples. One was Suave Natural Infusion with Ginger and Honeysuckle, which was ok, and the other was Clear Total Care. I really liked the way this one made my hair look, but when I combed or brushed, my hair was kind of snagging.

Target has a deal this week ($5 gift card with the purchase of 3 bottles of Clear and some other brands).

The Clear were $4.99 each. I found they also have an Intense Hydration formula. So....I got 2 shampoo (one Total Care and one Intense Hydration) and 1 conditioner (Intense Hydration), $4.99X3=$14.97-$5 Gift card,-$6.50 in coupons got me the shampoos and conditioner for $1.16 each. I couldn't resist.

Note: I also use shampoo as body wash, and I've been reading about homemade fabric softener which also uses conditioner. So, these will probably be doing double duty.

Contributor
On 7/7/2014 just bee said:
On 7/6/2014 Dosey said:

NCshoppergal, I am so impressed that I now feel another closet purge coming on. 60 items! That's terrific!!!

I'm sick with jealousy! I have like 20 pairs of Jeff & Kristi leather ballet flats in the closet and most of them have never been worn. I think I bought them in the 80s.

Why am I keeping these?

Yes, I even have them in this color.

I love those!!! Would wear them now! (I know you are tall so no chance they are a size 6?)

Contributor
On 7/13/2014 Eager2Learn said:

Note: I also use shampoo as body wash, and I've been reading about homemade fabric softener which also uses conditioner.

I've been using plain 'ole white vinegar in a Downy Ball as my fabric softener for months now and never knew how soft the clothes could get!!! Bought a giant bottle for under $4 at Costco--give it a try!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the tip SpaGal!

Honored Contributor
On 7/12/2014 Love the Au and Ag said:

Just Bee and Dosey,

Thank you for your responses. I've been out of town so I have missed a week of everyone's inspiration.

Just Bee, You sound just like me. I wish women's clothes could be picked out by waist and length. My daughter and I complain all the time about worthless pockets. If it can't hold a dollar bill and a tube of lip balm - what's the point. I have found a few places online that have longer jeans. My daughter needs a 37 inch inseam. Tall women's shirts are tougher to find. I have been accused of wearing shoulder pads at times when I wasn't, it's just my swimmer's shoulders.

Dosey, I know exactly what you mean about someone's comments. My sister had a friend that made a comment about me having straight hips and flat bum when I was a teenager. I still remember what she said and where we were standing. I try to not be like that to others. Unfortunately, my children have heard it too because my son is very thin and my daughter is very tall. I'm still amazed by grown men who don't know us commenting on her height. Most women don't say anything but they do look at her feet to see if she is wearing heels. (She isn't.)

I hear ya!

And unfortunately it's true -- we tend to remember the comments that aren't true but for some reason feel true. Why do we do that to ourselves?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 7/13/2014 SpaGal said:
On 7/7/2014 just bee said:
On 7/6/2014 Dosey said:

NCshoppergal, I am so impressed that I now feel another closet purge coming on. 60 items! That's terrific!!!

I'm sick with jealousy! I have like 20 pairs of Jeff & Kristi leather ballet flats in the closet and most of them have never been worn. I think I bought them in the 80s.

Why am I keeping these?

Yes, I even have them in this color.

I love those!!! Would wear them now! (I know you are tall so no chance they are a size 6?)

I used to be a size 6... decades ago! I'd probably still be a size 6 if I didn't have toes that can wrap around tree branches. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 7/13/2014 SpaGal said:
On 7/13/2014 Eager2Learn said:

Note: I also use shampoo as body wash, and I've been reading about homemade fabric softener which also uses conditioner.

I've been using plain 'ole white vinegar in a Downy Ball as my fabric softener for months now and never knew how soft the clothes could get!!! Bought a giant bottle for under $4 at Costco--give it a try!

I'm intrigued. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Contributor
Hello! I have been a slacker again at keeping up with the boards, but I have been busy trying to get rid of things. Today we took a car load of stuff to the church for our annual yard sale in August. I was so happy to get all of those boxes out of the house! I have also been working on the house. We put about five boxes of baby clothes in the attic and then cleaned out both cars. They were just full of junk! I also have kept up with keeping the guest room, bonus room, kid's rooms, and bedroom clean. My bedroom still has a few things to be done, but the closet is clean and I can shop it now. We have the pantry and one more junk room to get through. I know I used up some larger samples, but I was bad and bought a Trish Mcevoy set from the other channel. I really like the colors and have been using it, but didn't need it. I also fell prey to the Yankee Candle sale. I was doing so good until then!
Respected Contributor
I had success yesterday with clothes. So, I have been shopping a little bit to add just one or two pieces that I need/want. Havent really been finding anything that really knocks my socks off. I was in Kohls yesterday and found 2 pieces on clearance that would of cost me less than 10 bucks since I had a 30% off. I didnt really need these but too good to pass up. As I was standing in line, being impatient since everything seemed slow moving, I put my Compacting hat on and realized the jeggings didnt really fit well (the intention was to lose a little) and the tshirt, I have many, so I got out of line put them back. I couldnt believe I put these items back. Yay, for the slow moving line. This is the way things start to accumulate and before you know it, it is back to square one. My product buying hasnt been as successful this year but I am back to one by one.
Valued Contributor

I am still with you all and so appreciate all your comments. I still have so much stuff but continue to be a work in progress. I have not bought any beauty items this year, and just a few clothing items. I did make my own baby wipes using baby wash I had, boiled water and coconut oil. I cut a roll of Bounty paper towels in half and put it in a Folgers coffee container. It works great, I had the baby wash on hand, and no irritants that are often in the other wipes. I found someone wanting my golf clubs so they are going out of the garage. One day at a time. I am using what I have, as I can't bear to throw it out and start over again. Good luck to all of you. My husband has been so patient with all my stuff, also, and that has really helped not to beat myself up over all these purchases. I am encouraged when I see a 32 oz body wash standing on end. Crazy, I know.