Respected Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Kay SD said: Happy July to all. Hey, Eager, here's what I do with my inbox when it gets too big: I select everything older than a month and hit delete (gasp!). It takes one minute. But I have found that what's lost in a large pile of email like that really can be done without. Think of it like pulling a bandaid off--one quick tug and the pain is gone. ;-) Well, I have finished my transition from the brand of skin care I used for 30 years, and still like, to one that works so much better. That means I've emptied my cupboard and stash of everything I'm not actually using, plus one spare of the basics. I'm done with letting things proliferate like that because it is to valuable to toss. "Valuable" does not equal "has value to me." Since I already did that with household products, I now have a known list of things I inventory. I even turn down gifts and samples if they aren't on the list. This month I'm tackling the dreaded garage. Much to donate or toss; a few antiques valuable enough to sell, but I may donate anyway, just to get 'em outta here. It's a bit overwhelming, I must say. Any words of wisdom for me?
Today I donated another layer of things. At the last minute I threw in some perfume that I was going to try and use but know I just wont do it so I figured some one else will enjoy it. I wanted to let go of more fragrances and foundations but hesitated. So you have inspired me to put more in the donation pile. Why let these things hang around when they are not going to be used. I have donated or tossed so many products and get weighed down by the guilt but the reality is expensive or not, I am not going to use it and the money it already gone.

As far as the garage, do one or two or even three boxes at a time. One corner at a time. Break it down into smaller pieces. It is easier that way, I find anyway. For the antiques though, I would put them aside and see if you can sell them. I know the feeling of just wanting to get rid of them. That is how I feel about my collectibles. Honestly, how I really feel is getting rid of it all and then starting fresh and only get what I need. Sorting through all of the stuff just continues to be a albatross but I am trying not to be hasty. Thanks for the inspiration though. I needed to read that.

Respected Contributor
Love the Au and Ag, best wishes for your surgery. The only thing I can think of is to have some button down shirts ready that are not too binding. The come in soft fabrics as well. Good Luck.
Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Love the Au and Ag said:

If any of you ladies have any advice for clothing ideas or choices I would appreciate it. I will be having shoulder surgery and will not be able to move my arm for at least a month. I won't be able to slip anything on over my head and can't wear anything like a bra strap that puts pressure on my shoulder.

You know those baggy, silky, retro shirts men wear? I'd suggest Hawaiian/camp type shirts, but the only problem would be getting the ones from the women's department. Too tight, too fitted. Men's shirts are roomier in the shoulders.

Some can be a little more feminine, summery. Lots of pastels, geometrics. But the idea of loose, soft, and silky appeals to me.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

Aprilskies and Just Bee,

Thank you for the shirt ideas. I will check my husband's closet first.

Honored Contributor
On 7/2/2014 Love the Au and Ag said:

Aprilskies and Just Bee,

Thank you for the shirt ideas. I will check my husband's closet first.

Hey, now that's smart! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I've always worn men's shirts as shirt jackets because the shoulders are roomier and the sleeves are longer. The shirts are longer, too. Women's shirts are made for munchkins. Why is that?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Hi, all! Well, I ended up having to buy a few things. Replacement mascara and I could not, for the life of me, find one of my favorite lipsticks, perfect got summer, so I bought two for cheap on the bay. I can't find it online, so who wants to place bets that they are discontinuing it???? That always happens. Grrrrrr. I have a few more stashed items I need to go through and get rid of, and a couple things I'll need to buy this month, but I'm slowing down on purchases. I did get a great deal on an eye palette -- I don't need. I might just end up keeping it and giving it as a gift. I had pre-ordered the Mally a TSV bc it has one of my fave DC'ed lippies in it, I had pre-ordered two sets. But I cancelled. Like anyone is going to notice if I'm wearing her lipstick, or one of the hundred light pink lipsticks of hers that I have!! Gotta get control, y'all! I have a few bags of stuff to donate, and we have several items that need to go to the curb to be picked up. This month, I'm going through my closet, as well as my beauty stash. I do this a few times a year, but I still have too much. It's getting annoying. Oh, I also stocked up on shampoo and conditioner last month, but I only do that once a year. One and done. While it's on sale! I went through the pantry today. If you want to feel bad about yourself, go through your pantry or try on bikinis. That's my motto. I threw out a bunch of stuff, all partially used/eaten, but I made me feel bad. We are going to be doing major eating in for a while. We have plenty of good food, and we just have to cook it and eat it! Ok, I hope you all have a great day!!
Trusted Contributor

I have a question for my buddies here on the compact. I am 48 and 1/2 and my periods are getting really light and brownish. In fact my period right now is barely there. This has been going on for six months. Can I be in perimenopause?

Honored Contributor
On 7/2/2014 dperry said:

I have a question for my buddies here on the compact. I am 48 and 1/2 and my periods are getting really light and brownish. In fact my period right now is barely there. This has been going on for six months. Can I be in perimenopause?

Memory fails, so details are sketchy. I do remember, however, that I was the same age when I noticed "irregularity." I thought I was menopausal and then one day at work I started bleeding after a long... pause. And then I think things wrapped up nicely shortly after that.

I can't comment on color changes -- I just don't remember. Are you due for an annual check-up?

Be careful if you research perimenopause online. Some resources make it sound like you have a terminal disease. Your feelings will have an impact on the experience. I was positive and had been looking forward to it for decades.

Valued Contributor
On 7/2/2014 dperry said:

Could be, I was 44 when I started.

Do you have a GYN? You might want to speak to her about it.

Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Kay SD said: Happy July to all. Hey, Eager, here's what I do with my inbox when it gets too big: I select everything older than a month and hit delete (gasp!). It takes one minute. But I have found that what's lost in a large pile of email like that really can be done without. Think of it like pulling a bandaid off--one quick tug and the pain is gone. ;-) Well, I have finished my transition from the brand of skin care I used for 30 years, and still like, to one that works so much better. That means I've emptied my cupboard and stash of everything I'm not actually using, plus one spare of the basics. I'm done with letting things proliferate like that because it is to valuable to toss. "Valuable" does not equal "has value to me." Since I already did that with household products, I now have a known list of things I inventory. I even turn down gifts and samples if they aren't on the list. This month I'm tackling the dreaded garage. Much to donate or toss; a few antiques valuable enough to sell, but I may donate anyway, just to get 'em outta here. It's a bit overwhelming, I must say. Any words of wisdom for me?

I don't have words of wisdom, just words of thanks! I have also been overwhelmed by overflowing email accounts and decided to take some of the advice above. Now, granted I did this with an email account that is primarily junk mail - but it's baby steps I guess. With the older than a month advice I was able to delete about 2400 emails. It felt quite freeing, maybe this will give me inspiration to attack my main email account too! So, many thanks sent your way!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Plus, with this being done on July 1st, I feel like it can be a great jump start to de-cluttering for the month!!