Regular Contributor
Happy Birthday OshareGirl. Dosey I thought I was the only one who had a rod collapse in the closet due to too many clothes. I hope people had a great July and will have an even better August.
Honored Contributor
On 7/30/2014 aprilskies said: Willdob3, the funny part is I wish I had more to donate too. I still have a little bit I can do but what remains is the hard stuff. It felt incredible to get all that stuff out. I actually felt lighter. I often think if I got that all back, where the heck would I put it all. Now, I want to try and sell some things but sometimes I wonder if it's worth the time and effort.

If I think about it, I also have a few things I could get rid of - an unused CD player, to name one, a portable radio that turned up in a box I was going through yesterday to name another. I think it will be easier to get rid of those few items once all the excess junk has been tossed and my place is looking more streamlined & SPARTAN-like. lol...

Right now, I still have lots of boxes to go through. How does one accumulate all that paper? There was a long period of time when I suffered from extreme fatigue and I suspect that is when much of it accumulated. I simply could not deal with much and I guess I dumped things in boxes & bags to go through later...and years later they are still sitting there. Each box/bag that I go through & get rid of does make a noticeable difference - like a burden lifted. it is a good feeling.

At this point, I think the main thing I will be able to sell is clothing. That is only because I am still losing & dropping sizes. I'm losing a bit slower now so clothes are lasting longer but they still look like new when they are too big. I can't imagine what it will be like once I have a stable clothing size.

Honored Contributor

Can it really be the last day of July? I am not used to it being March yet! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

July has been a good month for me. I got to the bottom of a few products & have a couple standing on end. I have not spent much that I did not need to.

Not a single beauty/skincare/makeup purchase. I bought 2 SKINN kits late in April, one more late in May. Nothing ordered since then. I needed mascara and bought that a month or two ago.

I made one clothing purchase in July. From HSN - Foot Petals Plush Terry Thong Slippers in Black Animal Print. An inexpensive, fun purchase. The soles are indoor/outdoor and the slippers can be tossed in the wash so I'll get plenty of use out of them.

I also ordered one new, inexpensive supplement from Amazon.

My plan for August is to continue with the same plan that worked so well in July. No unnecessary beauty purchases. I am about out of moisturizer for my face so I'll need to buy some of that. I actually thought I'd have to do that in July. I'm going to research a bit & try a drugstore brand.

I will probably not buy clothing in August. I feel like I can make do with what I have for summer & it is going to be hot here for several more months so I want to wait on fall purchases.

Valued Contributor

Yes! It is the end of July. Now we have hot, humid August to look forward to.

I did pretty well this month, a lot more went out than came in. I'm still struggling with decluttering, I just can't seem to make myself do it. Heck I can barely get the cleaning done.

I am still working on making my own candles. It seems the hardest part is figuring out the right size and type of wick to use. I also learned how to make refrigerator pickles. It's easy and I love pickles!

Purchases: 1 Conditioner, 2 Shampoos, 4 Mouthwash

Used up: 3 Bar Soaps, 1 Body Lotion, 1 Hand Soap Refill, 2 Conditioners, 1 Jar Candle, 2 Votives, 2 Toothpaste

Donated/given away: 132 Toothpaste to food bank and friends; cat carrier, cat treats and dog food to Humane Society

So onward to August! Stay strong!