Trusted Contributor

Re: ColourPop Stone Cold Fox Palette

I, too, have been lusting after the Natash Denona Glam palette but couldn't bring myself to spend the money.  I have both the That's Taupe and just receive the Alter Ego palette last week.  

While I haven't checked each shade of the Alter Ego palette with the ND Glam, I did expect a couple more grey toned shadows than were included.  I find I reach for the That's Taupe palette quite a bit.  The shimmers at first were intimidating, but I use just a bit as a topper in the center eyelid and they look pretty good on my soon to e 65 year old eyelids.  I do find quite a bit of fallout in both Color Pop and Alter Ego palettes.  But I just shake off the excess and blend carefully and it's fine.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Well I've decided to go with a totally different eyeshadow palette!  LOL  I ended up getting the Urban Decay Naked 2 mini palette.  More expensive than the That's Taupe but less than the Stone Cold Fox.  Its a smaller palette which I know means its really more expensive than the other two, however, I felt less overwhelmed by it and that was important to me.

Will see how I like it. Wearing it today and so far, so good.

@JudyL did you do Naked 2 Basics mini or did you do the Naked 3?  I want the Naked 3 too.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva - I did the Naked 2 Basics mini.  I saw the Naked 3 when i was there but have a lot of those colors or similar ones anyway, in other palettes.  But it did catch my eye nonetheless.  The Naked 2 mini isn't like any other palette I have.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I don't have this one but it's pretty if you wear those colors a lot.  I don't wear those colors often and have a palette that gives me cool toned neutrals (and purples) when I want it.  In fact, I wore 3 of the neutrals from this palette today.  We had a painter here today, an AC man and my parents so this was a grown-up makeup day (g).

I hope this doesn't get me kicked off for good! Smiley Sad   I wore the top left, the top second from the left and the first color from the left in the middle row.  I snuck/sneaked some purple in tho by using the bottom row, 2nd from the left under my bottom lashes.  @shanus is the one that turned me on to this palette Smiley Happy

Capture.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Yeah, if I were going to buy a taupe palette, it would be "That's Taupe".  Darn, I just placed and order with CP earlier tonight.  I wish I had thought to include that palette.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm that Viseart palette is very pretty and very tempting.  Don't have any purples and there are enough colors in there that I don't really have that it might be fun to get.  My 67 year old hooded eyes are getting such that eyeshadows may not be worth wearing soon and I have so many palettes now.  I do love eyeshadows though. Ugh, so tempting.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Those three neutrals in the upper left corner are everything.  I love cool neutrals.  We hooded eye gals have to really work harder with our e/s than those that have visible mobile-lids.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Those three neutrals in the upper left corner are everything.  I love cool neutrals.  We hooded eye gals have to really work harder with our e/s than those that have visible mobile-lids.

@monicakm - yes we do!  But I still love wearing eyeshadow.  Been watching a lot of Wayne Goss YT videos - love him - and they are helping with learing ways to apply eyeshadow even with my droopy, hooded lids.  I'm not giving up yet!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@shanus is the one that turned me on to this palette Smiley Happy

Capture.JPG

@monicakm 

How do squirrels safely walk on power lines? It's National Squirrel  Appreciation Day; let's find out! - Empowering Michigan

😄

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

Oh no...have I done something wrong again?  Do I need to delete this picture before I get put in time out?