Esteemed Contributor

ColourPop Eyeshadows and highlighters

Hey ladies I just wanted to let you know about a brand of eyeshadows I ordered a little over a month ago. I had been hearing about this brand a lot especially from several friends of mine who are makeup artists. When you hear a rave (especially more than one) and they are coming from makeup artists who have experience with most products on the market, you take notice.

I ordered from their online store a little over a month ago. Their eyeshadows are $5 and they come in several different finishes. They come in matte, satin, pearlized, metallic and 2 finishes, one called ultra metallic and the other called glitter sheer which the last two finishes only have one color a piece.They come in round pots like MAC used to have before they flipped open, they are the screw on tops. I can't honestly remember using eyeshadows that have the consistency that these eyeshadows have, regardless of the price point. When you touch them they feel like a cream shadow but not like a cream I have felt before. They are almost spongy in their feel. Super creamy and just gorgeous. So soft and velvety. They suggest you use your fingers to apply and that is what I tried at first. They go on wonderfully and are super buildable. I used them with my different brushes as well and while they did work well with the ones I have used, I do think that the fingers are a great way to apply. Brushes of course work great for blending them in and take the edges off. I really can't get over how creamy and luxurious these shadows feel. I really love them.

I have used been using them for almost a month because I wanted to wear them a while before giving a review. First off I will go into the colors. On the website at the side of the page they give the amount of colors broken down so you can shop by shades. That number adds up to over 100 different colors of the eyeshadows. They also list the colors by the finish they have. I bought several colors my first time and got a bunch more once I received them and knew I loved them. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! I am so impressed with these shadows, I would even be impressed if they were priced much higher but considering these are only $5, it makes it even better. In my experience these shadows really hold up well and last a good amount of time, they do well in a 12 hr work day. I have slightly oily lids and eyeshadow can really disappear on me and even without primer these wore exceptionally well. In addtion to them wearing really well and lasting through the day, I experienced no creasing either. Sometimes with cream shadows you get a lot of creasing or bunching up, I experienced neither.

The friends who recommended these products have a lot of the colors but not quite all of them. They loved all the great bright colors (they loved the neutral, everyday ones too)and finishes they come in so I decided to get some of the more vibrantly colored ones especially to wear in the summer. I wanted to get colors with all different finishes too so I could see which I liked best. It is really hard to pick which finish I liked best too. I LOVED all of the metallic ones which are definitely the most dramatic of the bunch but they are really beautiful. All of the finishes were gorgeous too. I bought Dare, Lace, MIdnight, Fringe, Amaze, LaLa, Envy, Blaze, Bae, Coconut, Nillionaire, Knight, Cop A Feel, Hammered, Too Shy, Etiquette, Bill, Luckfully and a few others I am not remembering right now because I let my daughter use some tonight and don't have them here to look at.

I also ordered some of their highlighters which I absolutely LOVE. They are just beautiful. I got Lunch Money, Smokin' Whistles, Wisp, Spoon and Glo Up. I did my friends makeup today and used Glo Up on her. She is black and her skin tone is maybe a tiny bit darker than Kelly Rowland. OMG, the Glo Up looked so beautiful on her skin, it was absolutely gorgeous! She got compliments all day on how beautiful her skin was so I just gave her that highlighter because that color is just perfect on her. 

I don't know which product i like better, the eyeshadow or highlighter, both are really great. 

You can go to their website to look at the colors which in my opinion does not capture how beautiful the colors are at all. I ordered kind of blindly because I didn't think to google Colourpop eyeshadow swatches before I ordered but after I ended up getting my initial order and then went back and ordered a bunch more. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Re: ColourPop Eyeshadows and highlighters

Awesome. I'll check it out!  Thanks

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey, @Irshgrl31201!!! So glad you found ColourPop!! I've been wearing their products for well over a year (18 months, maybe?), and you're correct that they are awesome! I have honestly liked everything I've tried - blushes, bronzers, highlight, shadow, brow pencil, gel liners, lippie stix and lip pencils. I also like that they show swatches on different skin tones. I wish EVERY brand did this!! I have been using their brow pencils on the regular since they released, and I love them. I often apply their shadows with my finger, and then do my blending with a brush. I also love that they have a variety of finishes. It's especially awesome if you want trendy colors, but don't want to break the bank. They have a shadow releasing for their 2 year anniversary that I MUST get, so I'm keeping my eye out for it. So glad you love their products, sweet lady! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

Hey, @Irshgrl31201!!! So glad you found ColourPop!! I've been wearing their products for well over a year (18 months, maybe?), and you're correct that they are awesome! I have an order arriving tmrw....lol! I have honestly liked everything I've tried - blushes, bronzers, highlight, shadow, brow pencil, gel liners, lippie stix and lip pencils. I also like that they show swatches on different skin tones. I wish EVERY brand did this!! I have been using their brow pencils on the regular since they released, and I love them. I often apply their shadows with my finger, and then do my blending with a brush. I also love that they have a variety of finishes. It's especially awesome if you want trendy colors, but don't want to break the bank. They have a shadow releasing for their 2 year anniversary that I MUST get, so I'm keeping my eye out for it. So glad you love their products, sweet lady! Smiley Wink

Hey @FUTURE! How are you doing girl? I LOVE how they show swatches on the different skin tones too! That is one of my favorite things they do because the difference can be so huge, can't it? I just wish they would show them for every color! Haha!! I had been hearing about them for a while but just never got around to checking them out and now I am officially obsessed!! I just placed another order and got some lippies, gloss, gel liner but I didn't think to get a brow pencil. I will have to check those out too. 

I am really loving the metallics and the trendy colors. I am with you, I don't want to spend a ton especially on trendy colors.  I don't usually go for those but I love the way these look. They look liquid. I have been wearing those with just mascara, no liner and I am loving the look. I think it is so nice for summer and quick too. 

I am so glad I found them. 

Thanks for responding!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 I've never heard of these so I went and took a look. There are some really pretty colors. At $5 you really can't go wrong. I'm going to have to try some.

Thanks for sharing.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Trusted Contributor

I have been using some of their products for a few months now and like them as well.  They had a 20% off sale last week and I guess it was so popular that it crashed their website.  Finally after they got it repaired you had to log on but then "get in line" and have access to order when it was your turn.  It took well over an hour for me to have my turn, but it kept you posted on how long it would be and you could go to other sites on your computer while you waited, so it wasn't a real hardship for me.

I ordered more of their eye shadows, eye liners, and will try a blush for the first time.  Their eye liners are wonderful and stay better on me than the expensive Stila ones did.  They have many lip color products and I didn't order any more of these as I have several already and they are not my favorite lip products. 

BTW, many of their products received the highest rating on Beautypedia.

Esteemed Contributor

@azgal wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 I've never heard of these so I went and took a look. There are some really pretty colors. At $5 you really can't go wrong. I'm going to have to try some.

Thanks for sharing.

You really can't go wrong with that price!! No problem, let us know if you order something!!

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I have been using some of their products for a few months now and like them as well.  They had a 20% off sale last week and I guess it was so popular that it crashed their website.  Finally after they got it repaired you had to log on but then "get in line" and have access to order when it was your turn.  It took well over an hour for me to have my turn, but it kept you posted on how long it would be and you could go to other sites on your computer while you waited, so it wasn't a real hardship for me.

I ordered more of their eye shadows, eye liners, and will try a blush for the first time.  Their eye liners are wonderful and stay better on me than the expensive Stila ones did.  They have many lip color products and I didn't order any more of these as I have several already and they are not my favorite lip products. 

BTW, many of their products received the highest rating on Beautypedia.

Oh wow, I wish I would have known about sale. I would have gladly waited too, so worth it. 

I just ordered some eye liners. Stila has some great long wearing liners so that makes me feel good knowing that! Thank you! Also, I read Paulas review for Colourpop after I had already ordered. I don't know how I missed that one because I usually read all the product reviews. It is good to know though!

JFK
Respected Contributor

I love everything I have purchased from Colourpop! One of my favorites is Butterfly Beach highlighter. I actually love to wear it as eyeshadow. It is described as a soft peach with highlights of gold and silver. I am thrilled that the products are made in USA, cruelty-free, and so affordable!

SuperShockCheek-Wisp

Super Contributor

Love Colourpop!  I ordered about a month or more ago and tried a few things:

I <3 This eyeshadow - gorgeous sheer glittery gold

Mixed Tape eyeshadow - a beautiful purple-y taupe

Both look good on my green eyes, and I'm 53 and work in an office, and they weren't inappropriate.

I love the consistency of these shadows - creamy, yet not a cream, cool to the touch, super blendable.

I got a brow pencil in Dope Taupe - it works great!  Very fine point, in a roll-up pencil, with a spoolie on the other end.

Then I got two amazing lippies:

Lumiere Lippie Stix whis a beautiful mauve color and it's VERY pigmented.  Feels great on the lips and lasts a long time!

Same with Lumiere2 Ultra Matte Lip Gloss - similar color only a lot more pigmented.

I was thrilled with these items, and the price - OMG $5 apiece?

I think because I had previously placed an order I received a 20% sale notice last weekend, and boy did I splurge!  I'm embarassed to admit how much I ordered, plus I don't remember Smiley Happy  - Can't wait for it to come in!

Oh, and btw, s/h is only like $3 - gotta love this company!

One one more thing - there are a ton of Youtube beauty gurus out there who show/swatch ColourPop so you can see video of them in action.  Just search ColourPop.  Youtuber Kathleen Lights does a lot because she's affiliated with them.

Check it out!