Honored Contributor

Colour pop eyeshadow users- recommendations

I'd really like recommendations, particularly from green or hazel eyed gals (but would like to hear from any eye colored ladies).

Also, have any of you tried I heart this, Cricket or So Quiche? Thoughts?

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Colour pop eyeshadow users- recommendations

@HappyDaze, I have some Colour Pop eyeshadows, but none of the colors you asked about.  You might want to check out You Tube.  They have TONS of swatches of the Colour Pop eyeshadows and you can probably find those colors you are interested in knowing more about.

Honored Contributor

@soonersis yeah I've been looking online but so many use filters or aren't swatched on similar skintones so really hard to tell. Which ones do you have that you really like?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze. I just saw your post and I pulled out my Colourpop e/s and I don't have those colors. I have 11 and I have matte and metallics. The colors I have are : Hanky Panky, Boy Band, Bill, Drift, Mittens, Rumer Has It Feather, Girly, Mooning, La La (which is stunning!), Partridge and Ibiza.  Now, some of these colors may no longer be available.  I agree that YouTube is great for this brand and I will recommend Kathleenlights on you tube. She has done some col labs with them and is very knowledgable about the brand! Let me know if you need anything else. I will help with info if I can. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I have light brown/hazel eyes.  I ordered the Mile High set that has both of these in it.  I like both colors, but i prefer Cricket (i prefer the violet of this color compared to the So Quiche as I think slightly darker eyeshadows make my eyes pop a little more).  Just a heads up that there is glitter in these.  Not too bad when it's just on your eye, but I woke up from a nap and there were glitter specks under my eye and on my cheeks.  While the glitter isn't terrible, my preference would be a matte version of this eyeshadow.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze, I'm still on the fence about these (mainly about the wear and how smoothly they go on).  So far I just have most of the metallic royal (bright) colors and not sure I like them better than other eyeshadows (especially Laura Geller) I have.  I haven't tried any of the mattes but probably wouldn't as I always prefer a sheen or frost eyeshadow.  But perhaps I might like to try some peachy/rose gold/copper colors some time.  I have blue eyes and those colors look nice on me. 

I assume you have seen on their site that sometimes they have colors swatched on different skin tones which is helpful.  Be sure to zoom these pictures to have a good look.  Wish they would have this for all colors but it seems to be scattered.

On a side note, you may not be interested, but I tried one of the matte blushes.  I love the color and it lasts and goes on smoothly, but not sure I would buy again because I haven't used it that often and already it looks like I've used about 1/3 of the container. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze I forgot to tell you that I have darker hazel eyes. These e/s are so different in texture from anything else I own. You can apply them with a synthetic brush, but they go on best with your fingers. I love them! I love the brand! Their lip liners are some of my favorite. I feel like their color range is really good also. HTH

Valued Contributor

HI HappyDaze 

I have dark brown eyes, and son't have the shades you mentioned but I do have partridge which is beauiful .  I also have the quad by Kathleen LIghts "where the light is " it's a quad of beautiful warm neautral colors . Unfortunately my favorites are no longer available Puppy Love and the quad by youtuber Coffee break with Dani " Metamorphsis 

good luck  hopefully someone has tose shades 

Respected Contributor

Hey, @HappyDaze, I have several, and just switched some on my hand and will describe. I will say, if you look online, I find Temptalia to have the best reviews, swatches and comparisons, and she has reviewed several from CP. I have blue eyes, and really like most of them. I have a LOT of metallic shades, for some reason, and will try to describe what color of glitter they have in them. I'm fair-light with neutral coloring. 

Ok.....

So Quiche -- taupe with pinkish mauve sparkle, so pulls slightly pink

Cricket -- dusty taupe purple with several shades of glitter (I like this one, think it would look good on you)

Boy Band -- pearlized copper, but not too orange

DGAF -- metallic copper with yellow/gold glitter. Pulls more orange and less brown than Boy Band

Dance Party -- purple with pink and green glitter. It's bold. Smiley Wink

Plunge -- great base shade. A pretty, simple pearlized champagne color (probably my most used, except Puppy Love, which was LE)

Nillionaire -- another favorite. Taupey - Copper with gold and taupe glitter in it

Weenie -- another copper shade. Slightly more pink and lighter than Boy Band

Mixed Tape -- beautiful pearlized grey-purple (love this one, too)

I Heart This -- Champagne with a touch of pink metallic. The glitter appears to be silver and taupe

I tried my best to figure out the glitter colors. This is what it appears to be with my eyes on my skin. I didn't include any LE ones that I have that I know aren't available or are sold out. HTH, friend! You'll have to let me know what you end up getting!