Valued Contributor

Coloring my hair from home today....Any Wen suggestions?

I've decided to color my hair today. My natural color is light brown with very few grays. I'm coloring it a few shades darker. I use color charm and a level 20 developer (from sally's). This will be the first time coloring since starting Wen in Jan. In fact I haven't colored my hair in probably close to 2 years. I haven't used any chemicals on my hair since the last time I colored. I did go to cosmetology school back in 2001 but never worked as one. I've been doing my own color since then, I just don't do it often. I was wondering now that I'm using Wen only, what changes or what do you do different before or after color? I wish paragraphs were an option on my tablet so sorry this is all going to run together. Here's a list of what products I have..........CC's- TT, POM, SOB, WCM, SAM, LAV, FAS, BGT. I have LAV, SAM and SOB oil. And a LAV remoist. I have a lot of the styling products too but don't think any of them would be helpful, ;-) . Thank you all in advance!!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Contributor

Re: Coloring my hair from home today....Any Wen suggestions?

I use a few drops of oil in my color and instead of using the conditioner that comes in the box, I use wen.

Esteemed Contributor

B&b I use a dropper full of TT oil in the dye. After I dye, I always my followup with a remoist treatment that night.
Super Contributor

I use 613 for the first few cleanses after a color.

Valued Contributor

I forgot I have 613 CC as well. Thanks ladies. Adding the oil in interesting. I would have never thought of that! I don't have TT oil, but I have others. My hair is just to my shoulders so it's all never had chemicals on it. I also plan to to get it cut in the next few weeks. I got it cut 5 weeks ago but it has already grown at least a few inches! My stylist retired so the last hair cut I got was my last by him. :-( I had been going there since I was 15, and I'm 36 now. I have to find a new salon. Nervous!! I'm thinking of trying the salon in Ulta, but not sure.
Respected Contributor

613 always works wonders on my hair after a color.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

I have to wait til tomorrow or Monday....I forgot I don't have my bottle to mix in anymore. Darn! Oh well. Really wanted to remoist tonight too, but I'll wait til after the color.
Valued Contributor

Also ladies, do you double cleanse after you rinse out the color or just do a single, then remoist?
Super Contributor

I am no WEN expert whatsoever, but it's funny because I just decided to "update" my color two days ago. I was born with golden blonde hair, that turned more ash blonde .... and I had it colored through the years... think I have been most colors on the blonde spectrum. I just wanted a pick-me-up, so I colored it a neutral blonde tone that covered up the grey stress hairs. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} If only we could make stress go away so easily!

When I colored at home, I followed pkg instructions and used the included conditioner, but then before drying my hair I added a pump of WEN Pom as a leave-in. My hair was so soft it was ridiculous, and actually because my hair has thinned out because of stress, it was almost too soft. I didn't wash it yesterday or today because I wanted the color to set. I'm going to cleanse in the morning, and plan on using SAM and then the 613, and hope for the best. I used to have a mop of hair, but no cleanser can fix that immediately. Hopefully at least my color will remain while my hair gets healthier, or I can grow healthier hair.

Super Contributor

I do a Remoist treatment before, rinse and let dry, put TT oil on my scalp before (any oil will do to protect your scalp), put oil in the color mix. Wash the color out with a double cleanse of a mix of Fig and 613, then do a Remoist treatment. This has allowed me to keep my hair in good condition while going from a light brown to platinum.

I went platinum because a stylist tried to put in platinum highlights to blend in my close to 100% white roots as I grow out my natural color. Platinum streaks turned into green and my choices were to cover again or take everything out and let it grow out that way.