Respected Contributor

Re: Color the World Lipsticks--Reviews and Comments?

@Patz822 wrote:

Are these matte? 

Most all of them, if not all are discribed as 'not too shiney and not too matte'

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@SeaGalThank you for the heads-up on the coupon! I am interested in hearing if you like the lipsticks. I agree with you - the fact that the lippies are attached to good social causes make them a complete joy to buy. It's fun! 

Hope you enjoy them.

Hi @MarnieRez3, So I wore the lip color around here last night, the color was just what I wanted and lasted a good long time. Slightly, and I mean slightly on the dryer side but did not dry my lips out when worn off.

I would by another color if I could get another coupon!

eta~ I wanted to add, I was a smokers for too many years and now closing in on 60 I am noticing some fine lines above top lip. I am having a hard time finding a lipstick that doesnt feather and found this formula did not. That and the color is what satisfies me. Thinking since it is a slightly drier lipstick may be the reason for no feathering.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I was a little disappointed in the 2 tubes I ordered. They're not bad, but not nearly as moist as I thought they'd be. I ordered Sunset which is a coral shade, but it's fairly light on me. Also, Wildflower and it's a very light shade of brownish-peach. I'm glad I tried them, but I'll stick with my Revlon when I need lipstick.

@jannabelle1  Hi jannabelle! I got the Wildflower too and didnt detect any brownish to it. Mine is just a really pretty pinkish peach as was discribed in the listing. Very pretty color.

Did you read Courttv is coming back soon? I dont know much more than this, cant wait!!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you lovely @SeaGal for the update! 

They do have a lot of deals on multi-packs and from time to time I get emails with coupons in them.

They are a little drying; I noticed that about three weeks after I started wearing them regularly. (However, all lipsticks dry out my lips because, well, I have very dry lips 24/7.) The colors look lighter on me than they appear online, but overall, I have been happy with them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

Thank you lovely @SeaGal for the update! 

They do have a lot of deals on multi-packs and from time to time I get emails with coupons in them.

They are a little drying; I noticed that about three weeks after I started wearing them regularly. (However, all lipsticks dry out my lips because, well, I have very dry lips 24/7.) The colors look lighter on me than they appear online, but overall, I have been happy with them.

Hi @MarnieRez3, you are surely welcome!

I wore my new Wildflowers out and about today and felt so pretty! 

Someone on the board the other day mentioned Maybellines Master Glaze lip scrub stick so I bought one tonight on Amazon, looks interesting. Sorry I cant post a pic for you.

Thanks for the heads up on the CTW coupons, mailing list, I will sign up. I might like another color or two or 3 haha!  Take Care

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The reviews on Makeupalley are terrible; plus, the company does not accept returns.

I would suggest another cruelty-free lipstick brand called Red Apple Lipstick. Their CS is excellent, and they have a six-month return policy.  You can create your own bundle and save money.

I have several of their lipsticks and like them all.

ETA: My apologies to the OP. I hope that no offense is taken. :-)

6 month return policy? that's unheard of.  

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The reviews on Makeupalley are terrible; plus, the company does not accept returns.

I would suggest another cruelty-free lipstick brand called Red Apple Lipstick. Their CS is excellent, and they have a six-month return policy.  You can create your own bundle and save money.

I have several of their lipsticks and like them all.

ETA: My apologies to the OP. I hope that no offense is taken. :-)

6 month return policy? that's unheard of.  

I know; right? @kittyloo . And their lipsticks are excellent. They always have deals as well a points/rewards.

Here is their return policy:

We stand firmly behind our product by offering you a 100% money back guarantee

If you try any product and you are dissatisfied for any reason, please send it right back to us within 6 months of receipt and we will refund 100% of your original purchase!

Clearance items are not included in exchanges or returns.

You can exchange any item (excluding clearance items) for another. If there is a price difference between the items, please include a check for the difference or you can call us to use a credit card. If the price is lower, we'll refund you the difference. All you have to do is return the package, and we will handle the rest!

Please Note: If you return a lipstick from the "Buy 2 get a 3rd half off " offer you will be refunded for the half off price. The same principle applies to our other bundles and offers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@SeaGal 

Oh I love to hear you felt pretty! Nothing like a new lippy to give us a lift!

You take great care, too, my dear.Heart

Spoiler
Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently discovered Color the World Lipsticks and planned on starting a thread here.  Because I didn't want to step on any toes I checked to see if this product had already been posted and sure enough here it is, started by sunala, who incidentally has been posting along with me for a long time.  (me since 2007)

I became very tempted and after reading all of the reviews  here I am hesitant.  As I see it, this lipstick is too expensive to make mistakes.  Coral is about the only color out of all of them that would work for me so I am going to wait.  I will check out the Red Apple Lipstick another poster recommended.   Anyway, I enjoyed all of the posts and am happy for those of you who love your new lipstick.

Update...just checked RedApple Lipstick, way too expensive, $23 for a lipstick?  Not in my world. Smiley Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@sunala
Got them, love them!
I saw your post a while back and finally got around to ordering a three-pack. The colors are light, nude-based and sooo creamy. They are not too heavily-pigmented which I like, as dark lipsticks at my age make me look like Heath Ledger in Batman.
I got Dreamer, Glamberry and Empowered. I also adore the cardboard tube packaging.
Lo and behold, I was at CVS with my daughter yesterday and ALMAY has a new line of lipsticks in CARDBOARD tubes. Color the World may have started a new trend...
Thank you for recommending these lipsticks, fellow lipstick addict!
Did you notice the three-packs are the best value, especially when they have their 20 percent discount up?

hi @MarnieRez3  - yes I did notice the bundles of 2 or 3. The prices were better than buying them in singles plus the 20% discount. I can't say I love all the shades, but it's rare I find one I absolutely love. The last lipstick that was my all-time favorite was Joan Rivers Peony. I have almost one whole tube left and a few crumbs in a few other tubes. As far as I'm concerned, it's the perfect shade!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett