Respected Contributor

Color not pulled thur ends of hair

Watching these shows and I just can't believe that....they all look like their hair has just been color treated to my eye.  I know my hair looks like that for about 2wks afterward and then some new growth (gray begins showing in a few places) and around week 3 some fading....my color isn't as vibrant.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Color not pulled thur ends of hair

@tsavoriteI have my hair professionally colored every 3 weeks because my gray does show by then.  No way could I wait until Chaz flew into town!  Having said that, my stylist does not pull the color thru my hair to the ends unless I've been bad -  too much Florida sun or pool fades me no matter whose cleanser or shampoo I use.

I like WEN which I've used since 2009, but it's not a miracle for me -  and unlike Chaz, I still use different products for my face and body.

Honored Contributor

@tsavoritewrote:

Watching these shows and I just can't believe that....they all look like their hair has just been color treated to my eye.  I know my hair looks like that for about 2wks afterward and then some new growth (gray begins showing in a few places) and around week 3 some fading....my color isn't as vibrant.  

@tsavorite  I think Chaz built a house in PA to stay in w/ his staff, dogs, etc. The basement is outfitted as a hair salon where he does the models’ hair. I’m pretty sure he keeps stylists there all year to be sure his models always look “WEN approved” on air even if he’s in CA.

Respected Contributor

@millieshopswrote:

@tsavoriteI have my hair professionally colored every 3 weeks because my gray does show by then.  No way could I wait until Chaz flew into town!  Having said that, my stylist does not pull the color thru my hair to the ends unless I've been bad -  too much Florida sun or pool fades me no matter whose cleanser or shampoo I use.

I like WEN which I've used since 2009, but it's not a miracle for me -  and unlike Chaz, I still use different products for my face and body.

I should have said she mixes a semi-permanent color for my ends and permanent for the root area.  I feel it looks better this way....but I am washing most everyday as my scalp just feels to dirty to skip.  I can go every other day for about 2wks after my coloring but then the next 2wks not so much.  Noway could I do 4days ever or longer like he is saying.  

Valued Contributor

I haven't had  color pulled through my ends for over a decade now...only my roots are touched up. My color never fades or looks brassy...it looks shiny and vibrant from root to ends, and I have long hair so some of that hair is years old. So yes, it can and does happen.

How vibrant and shiny your color stays depends on the color used, quality of the product being used, how porous and/or healthy your hair, water quality and, yes, what you use to wash your hair. I don't believe it is just one thing and WEN is not the only hair line I've used that can keep color looking the same as the first day I had it done. 

Valued Contributor

I am 64 and my husband does not want me to go gray, so I go every two weeks.  I get the roots done and then after every two visits, parial highlights.  It adds up yet the stylist does some freebes for me and my husbad does not complain.  So, I am happy.

Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@tsavoritewrote:

@tsavorite  I think Chaz built a house in PA to stay in w/ his staff, dogs, etc. The basement is outfitted as a hair salon where he does the models’ hair. I’m pretty sure he keeps stylists there all year to be sure his models always look “WEN approved” on air even if he’s in CA.

@Shanus Yes, I belive he did build a house several years ago with a hair salon.

Honored Contributor

Having your color pulled through to your ends depends on many factors. I get mine pulled through every other visit. Why? Because of my texture, the grey in my hair and my coloring. Doesn't matter WHAT brand of color is used (I've tried many  different professional and home color kits), my hair has red, blond, black and brown in it and the color fades and will pull red/brassy unless the colorist adds tones correct it (many don't and box kits don't). If I buy "Ash dark brown" (difficult to find in a box kit), I tend to pull greenish in certain light. So, I'd have to mix boxes of color to hopefully get the right shade.

In any event, I have the shade pulled every other visit. It's not recommended and really should occur (on average) twice a year (if you go every month) as the color will dry out then ends/lower half as well as create color build up where your roots are light than the 3/4 of you hair. Again, my stylist adjust it and I take excellent care of my hair so it's very healthy.

Compare this to a friend of mine who is a natural golden blond; she gets her roots done every 4 weeks but ONLY the grow in and never has the color pulled down to the ends. Why? Because her hair color doesn't turn brassy or ashy, her hair is fine (not very coarse like mine) so there's no reason to.

Everyone is different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Wen, I color my hair and I don't run it through the ends. I don't need to, and my hair is almost to my waist. Wen doesn't strip my color. Before I used Wen I did have to run the color through the ends and that resulted in more damage. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@QVCPhobewrote:

I am 64 and my husband does not want me to go gray, so I go every two weeks.  I get the roots done and then after every two visits, parial highlights.  It adds up yet the stylist does some freebes for me and my husbad does not complain.  So, I am happy.

@QVCPhobe  Excuse me for being blunt, but every 2 wks. color service and every 4 visits highlights? I see lots of damage in the future if not already. At 64, hair thins and the grey hair you’re covering is dry and may be more brittle. Please deep condition often to keep the hair you have. 🌸