Honored Contributor

For those that use this, would you mind sharing some of your techniques please?  I keep getting it on my scalp.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes use either Tru Hair or the spray-on one that L'Oreal sells and I just thought that was part of how it worked.  I do take a Q-tip and run it along the part line because I don't like not being able to see my part.

Honored Contributor

Yup the Q-tip does the trick. Looks more natural that way when you can see actual scalp rather than coloring. If anything just run the Q-tip in from the hair line a few inches. No need to do run it all the way back.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

@Icegoddess 

Thank you ladies Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  I used Color Wow before I switched to Sevich (much cheaper and maybe better quality), I get on Ebay. About $7.

I kept the great Color Wow brush to apply because Sevich comes with a little powder puff applicator.  I don't know why, I don't have trouble keeping it off the part,  Are you using the smaller brush head and applying the product with the ends of bristles facing the part, coloring from roots outward, leaving ends of bristles off your part? In other words going in direction that hair grows. Harder to explain than I thought.

I have a really hard time making it look natural when applying it to the temple area. It can look obvious and fake there if I'm in a rush.

Honored Contributor

I think it's just going to take a little practice.  Thanks for the tips.  I may try using a q-tip for eyebrows.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I think it's just going to take a little practice.  Thanks for the tips.  I may try using a q-tip for eyebrows.

@monicakm   For brows, try using a spoolie or old mascara wand that's been washed and dried. It covers each hair with the color. A q tip would tend to color only the top hairs.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thank you for the tip Smiley Happy  I have an old spoolie.