Respected Contributor

I am loving Pureology Strength Cure.  I was using Nanoworks, which is more expensive, but the Strength Cure is making my hair feel better.

All the Pureology shampoos are safe for color treated hair.

Redken Color Extend is probably less expensive, and wins lots of awards for best shampoo for color treated hair.

Hyacinth 

Respected Contributor

I currently use Wen and am very happy with it but if I was to try something new it would be it would be Tweak-d sold on HSN.  It is very popular and has great reviews.  They are currently having a special of a duo for $36.00 which is a great deal. 

Respected Contributor

For my $ you can't beat  the Suave Keratin Infusion Color Care Shampoo and the Conditioner. I picked it up bacause it was on sale and WOW! GREAT stuff. I even got a compliment from one of DH's friends ("your hair looks real nice") that has NEVER given me one in 20 years or so. Both DH and I were shocked. Try it and save some $ and look good!    

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

For my $ you can't beat  the Suave Keratin Infusion Color Care Shampoo and the Conditioner. I picked it up bacause it was on sale and WOW! GREAT stuff. I even got a compliment from one of DH's friends ("your hair looks real nice") that has NEVER given me one in 20 years or so. Both DH and I were shocked. Try it and save some $ and look good!    

That's pretty much budget my own budget, Silk.

Thanks for the recc... and the story.  :catvery-happy:

Gonna check out more reviews, plus the ingredients.

Esteemed Contributor

My hair turned white at a very early age.  Got the gene from my Dad, so have been coloring for years and years and years.  Half of the time I've done my own color, with the other half by my stylist.  All of my stylists who colored my hair told me I had porous hair and that's what accounted for my complaint of the color not holding onto the white hair very well.  Plus, the lighter color I went, the harder it is to hold.

Anyway, the other part of the issue was the shampoo I was using.  My color ALWAYS started to fade badly 10 days after application.  I mean badly.  Many shampoos were tried.  Spent a mint trying to find a shampoo that would make a difference and finally did when we moved to San Diego and I found a new stylist.  He used Fekkai shampoo on my hair and recommended that I do the same.  Said I wouldn't believe the results.  So, I went to Amazon and purchased it and have been purchasing it since 2002.  Fekkai shampoo for color treated hair is nothing short of fantastic.  The color loss I experience is incredibly small compared to what I had experienced for the 30 years previous to using Fekkai.

My vote:  Fekkai.

Respected Contributor

Hempz. makes your hair look new and soft and healthy

Respected Contributor

I like Paul Mitchell Color shampoo. Very low sulfates, very gentle