Respected Contributor

I have the same problem...some of highest priced products make my hair like straw, and feels stiff.  to name a few I didn't like..Ion deep conditioning packet, Pureology for color treated hair  (yes expensive),   Ojon (now Tweaked)  just awful for my fine hair.  There seems to be an ingredient that causes the straw like  hair, so it's hit and miss.   I have very light platinum/beige , fine hair, that I'm having a problem keeping YELLOW out.  So I look for color preserving products that do a good job conditioning.    Ion makes a color shampoo/cond for blondes...I don't what your color is?   But I like their shampoos/cond...just not the intensive cond. packettes.  Can't figure.    I also like Shimmer lights.   Alot of people love Redkin...but I had the straw problem with the entire line.  I used to like Matrix, but I'm not sure if they have a color line.   Hope you find what works for you...let me know!     

Respected Contributor
Nicks products are AMAZING!!! People in the Beauty Forum several months ago helped me with picking out one. I went with the Advanced Volume Shampoo and Conditioner. It is such a nice product. It delivers exactly what Nick states in his presentations. I also love his hairsprays.
Respected Contributor

Ojon is not Tweak-d.  Ojon is totally seperate thing.

Respected Contributor

I use a brand called water colors that I get from my stylist.  it comes in different shades according to your hair color. I'm a brunette and use the darkest one.  I shampoo and leave it one while I wash in the shower before rinsing. I use no conditioner. it contains no parabens, sulfates or salts.  it's $17 a bottle but lasts a long time and I think it's totally worth it.  my hair is in great condition. 

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I have the same problem...some of highest priced products make my hair like straw, and feels stiff.  to name a few I didn't like..Ion deep conditioning packet, Pureology for color treated hair  (yes expensive),   Ojon (now Tweaked)  just awful for my fine hair.  There seems to be an ingredient that causes the straw like  hair, so it's hit and miss.   I have very light platinum/beige , fine hair, that I'm having a problem keeping YELLOW out.  So I look for color preserving products that do a good job conditioning.    Ion makes a color shampoo/cond for blondes...I don't what your color is?   But I like their shampoos/cond...just not the intensive cond. packettes.  Can't figure.    I also like Shimmer lights.   Alot of people love Redkin...but I had the straw problem with the entire line.  I used to like Matrix, but I'm not sure if they have a color line.   Hope you find what works for you...let me know!     

Hello, Dazlin. Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes some products called Brass-Out Violet Shampoo and Brass-Out Leave-In Conditioner. It's sold at QVC as a set and separately at Nick's site, if that helps. He says it helps to keep silver hair from getting those yellow tones.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

I use Theorie shampoos.  Was using Wen, but it started causing buildup.  Theorie as no sulfates, parabens or sodium.  Smells amazing and actually lathers.

Occasional Contributor

My favorites are from Matrix and Joico.  I have colored treated hair and my color (dark brown) never fades.  The best thing I ever did was stop (years ago) from getting highlights.  My hair used to be dry and damaged from them but now my hair always looks healthy and shiny.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

I use a brand called water colors that I get from my stylist.  it comes in different shades according to your hair color. I'm a brunette and use the darkest one.  I shampoo and leave it one while I wash in the shower before rinsing. I use no conditioner. it contains no parabens, sulfates or salts.  it's $17 a bottle but lasts a long time and I think it's totally worth it.  my hair is in great condition. 

A full-size bottle of "Tressa Watercolors Shampoo" starts at $11.50 on Ebay, often with free shipping.  :cathappy:

New Contributor

I am really enjoying Loma Daily Shampoo and Conditioner. I purchase off of Amazon.

Super Contributor
I use alterna cavier shampoo -it is sulfate free and wen (tea tree ) as my conditioner